getting rid of wheel spin on fwd

• Thread starter imlou
  • 13 comments
I have a 04 Ep3R and DC5R fully done up. Problem is exiting corners and even straight line acceleration i get crazy wheel spin on 3rd between 8-10rpm and 4th gear also, this is with modulation of the gas.......just spins the hell out. I'm sticking with S2 tires for now..........anyone got some settings on suspension and tranmission to get rid of this insane wheel spin? I'm trying to get under 1.00 in tsubaka with S2 tires on these two cars......not sure if its possible yet since i'm getting around 1.05 right now due to wheel spin. Also no driving aids. Please help.

The fundamental limitation of FF is poor traction under power. You can't do very much about this WITHOUT compromising handling. You may very well be better off reducing the amount of power it has. I bet your times will come down without doing anything else to the car.

After that, try...

Suspension
-Increase rear spring/shock bump
-Increase front shock rebound
-Increase rear ride height
-Decrease front ride height
-Decrease amount of front negative camber

*All of these settings may or may not compromise cornering, camber possibly being the most adverse.

LSD
Refer to this guide on LSD tuning: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1471348#post1471348 Tuning the LSD on a powerful FF car is key.

If all else fails, turn ON traction control.

Are you able to Gold the Tsubuka guided lap test with the Mini One?

M

sukerkin
:D

Beat me to it M-Spec ... not that I have GT4 yet but tuning principles will hopefully still apply :worried:

Gosh, I hope so... :embarrassed:

I was hoping you'd drop in here and flash that sig of yours around. :D

M

1 way LSDs usually combat wheelspin exiting corners, but you have to learn to not apply throttle coming out as you would in any other car.

I also have an Integra Type-R that has all mods and HP mods except N/A or Turbo. The cars drives like it's on rails. I too wanted to take it to the supertuner level and put a Spoon Original turbo on it putting it well over 400 horses. It would smoke the tires half way through 4th!!! The Spoon says it maintains a minimal lag. If I were to go with the regular Stage 3, would the lag get me into the gear enough so that wheelspin would be managable?

jparker_1987
I also have an Integra Type-R that has all mods and HP mods except N/A or Turbo. The cars drives like it's on rails. I too wanted to take it to the supertuner level and put a Spoon Original turbo on it putting it well over 400 horses. It would smoke the tires half way through 4th!!! The Spoon says it maintains a minimal lag. If I were to go with the regular Stage 3, would the lag get me into the gear enough so that wheelspin would be managable?
Without actually trying it, I'd say that once you boost, it'll spin them anyways. Keep is modulating the throttle and setting the car up best as possible.

Remember the weight balance. Give FWD cars a little forward bias if they need it. Gotta keep some weight on the drive wheels.

Kremithefrog
Without actually trying it, I'd say that once you boost, it'll spin them anyways. Keep is modulating the throttle and setting the car up best as possible.

Remember the weight balance. Give FWD cars a little forward bias if they need it. Gotta keep some weight on the drive wheels.

When I put the Spoon on it, I played with your typical understeer/front traction settings to no avail. Recently I encouter a problem with a car and realized entry/exit seperation in regards to over/under steer. The biggest realization was you can't have the best of both worlds in some cases. You either work out over/under steer in entry or exit, not both, with some cars.
I had a setup for the Acura HSC that was awesome, but when really pushing the car to its limits it would oversteer into corners and understeer coming out. I made a thread asking for help and didn't get any usefull info. When you let off the accelerator it felt as if the car dropped into too low of a gear and would break loose. The following night I did the unthinkable and added back 2 clicks of ASM ,which solved the problem.

LSD and the TCS will ELIMINATE THAT PROB, I have the 02 Protege (my real life car) and the wheel spinn was through the end of first gear, second all the wasy, and almost untill the end of third. Generally JUST the TCS will eliminate the wheel spin, but by using the LSD you can maximize performance (High TCS settings makes it harder to destabalize the car for turns)

ProtegeLX
LSD and the TCS will ELIMINATE THAT PROB, I have the 02 Protege (my real life car) and the wheel spinn was through the end of first gear, second all the wasy, and almost untill the end of third. Generally JUST the TCS will eliminate the wheel spin, but by using the LSD you can maximize performance (High TCS settings makes it harder to destabalize the car for turns)

Would I turn up the acc effect, intial torque, or both? I like pushing the edge cornering and prefer to stay away from Driver Aids unless ALL ELSE FAILS.

Kremithefrog

the only time you'd want to add weight to the front of a FWD car is if its a drag-only car.

jparker_1987
Would I turn up the acc effect, intial torque, or both? I like pushing the edge cornering and prefer to stay away from Driver Aids unless ALL ELSE FAILS.

Dont think of TCS as a driver aid (I know its in that section) but in this game the TCS is what will alow you to put the power to the ground. without it your drifting pretty much. The LSD is in most performance cars already (and TCS is also)

Back