• Thread starter gtone339
  • 57 comments
New Zealand
Auckland New Zealand
gtone339
Release date: 17 July, 2020 (Out now)

From the creators of Infamous & Sly Cooper series,
Sucker Punch Studio announces their next IP that could be
ideally be another Assassin's Creed-like game set in Feudal Japan we have been waiting for! đź‘Ť

233044819.jpeg

announcement trailer:

Story trailer (2020):

Last edited:
Hype! This is what I love about PlayStation. It's the constant new IP's made by large studios instead of just rehashing the same old stuff over and over again. I don't mind sequels, but Microsoft and Nintendo just really seem to struggle to break into new territory, where as we get something new and unique on a yearly basis on the PlayStation platform. Very excited for this, and it's going to be interesting to see a Western take on Japanese history. I hope the lore and setting gets the attention it deserves.

What an incredible coincidence. My brother and I, just yesterday, were talking about how we'd like to see an open world samurai game and here we are. Neither of us had seen this game until today.

This looks pretty amazing, I've always been a fan of Sucker Punch.

Maybe I haven't been paying much attention but there hasn't been an awful lot of info on this since the announcement trailer? Anyway looks like we might finally get a release date. The full trailer is going to be shown at the Game Awards.

A release date has finally been announced. July 17th.

As much as I'm looking forward to Last of Us Part II. I probably won't pick it up straight away. This feels like it might be day one purchase though. Looks incredible.

Last edited:

I don't need any more convincing. Take my money already.

Looks great, i like that the combat seems brutal and lethal quickly.
Just wish animations were a little more convincing, and smooth, especially on enemies, it does look great in slow mo though for finishers and also dodge move.

Here is a 4K version of the State of Play video.

This will be a day one release for me, everything I've seen so far looks amazing. I really like the minimal HUD and the game itself looks absolutely gorgeous. Looks to be the start of a very promising new IP.

Really looking forward to this, even if it looks like it's borrowing quite liberally from Assassin's Creed (might turn out feeling quite different).

New trailer.

I like the art style and technically looks pretty good too. Hope they smoothed out some combat animations for ennemies though, and more dynamic, varied than the last big gameplay video.

Yeah bit too much open game cliches, find this, follow that..fill up stuff.

As i worried from gameplay previews, reviews seem to say there's alot of boring filling out the open world and average sidequests. Sucker punch seem pretty average with repetitive design etc.

As i worried from gameplay previews, reviews seem to say there's alot of boring filling out the open world and average sidequests. Sucker punch seem pretty average with repetitive design etc.

I feel like a lot of games these days suffer from repetitive gameplay. I came across the same "random" encounters multiple times in RDR2. Not to mention the boring sidequests in the FFVII remake (finding cats, really?). The few reviews and footage I've seen are still encouraging. Little concerned with the A.I though. Doesn't seem to be the smartest.

Last edited:
I'm pretty thrilled to play this game if only to have a new, large, open world game to mess around with. Looks good from the videos I've seen even if it's a little "average" from what I have been hearing. I've not read a single review, though, so I'll just have to see how it turns out myself tomorrow.

I'm maybe an hour into the game, wandering around after getting to the point the open world becomes available.

The world is gorgeous. The music is amazing. Combat so far has been fun, but I am still learning timing for things like a perfect parry. Some of it may be that I'm playing with the higher resolution setting selected.

I like the travel mechanic of following a guiding wind and the minimalistic hud.

I am not far into the actual story at this point, but so far so good.

Absolutely adore this game. The world is fun, the combat is fun. It seems as though exploration doesn’t leave you walking around for hours with nothing to find.

The progression and skill system are pretty good and feels rewarding.

This is one of the first games I want to help the inhabitants of the gameworld instead of using/killing them for whtever it is what I am doing.

I am pleasantly surprised by this game, it's an absolute blast and looks amazing as well, I find myself in photo-mode quite a lot. The combat is especially fun once you chain together sword moves perfectly swapping between stances. The plot and characters are great, so far, as well. I am hooked!

It reminds me a little bit of The Witcher 3, although I've not played that game very long so don't shoot me down too hard haha. The monotone main character who is calm and collected at all times (not surprising for a samurai) and following clues to investigate areas as the character talks to himself.

Back