GoPro-IN.com Steering Wheel

• Thread starter driftfan01
  • 5 comments
United States
Chicago, IL
OK. I found this one steering wheel at Wal-Mart for $15 bucks (cheap huh?) Its a universal steering wheel from GoPro. I tried this steering wheel (not on a game, just out of the box at the store) and it feels sturdy. But I'm not sure this steering wheel is a good one. Any info on this steering wheels and suggestions on buying this steering wheel?

Picture (Scroll down to Button Layout, The steering wheel I'm asking about is blue and black and says "Digital R" in the middle *Universal*)

http://gopro-in.com/myprogs/98119%20Manual.mht

It has a strong spring that when turned close to the max, you feel force and then it whips back. (which I think is kinda bad, but kinda good since you dont have to turn it back yourself)

Here are your options.....

That wheel (ok I guess...$15 for a reason)
MC2......proven to be a decent non FF wheel ($50 at EB games)
DF EX ......a dumbed down version of the DFP w/o 900 mode or the stick shifter ($80)
DFP ......The best of the best ($100 at some stores, usually $130)

rsmithdrift
DFP ......The best of the best ($100 at some stores, usually $130)
The best of the best until the Logitech G25 comes out...

My parents won't let me get any of the good ones. Even if i save up for it. So I think "That wheel" is my only option :(

OK. This steering wheel sucks. The pedals (both brake and accelerator) dont respond till 3/4 of the way. The steering wheel doesnt turn, on the game, until you feel force. The paddle shifters dont work. The force feedback DEFINITLEY sucks. So, lesson learned-never buy extremely cheap steering wheels...only if they are from Logitech and are the DF or the DFP or the soon coming out G25≤--That is the best|.

Back