Gordon Murray to make a true successor to the F1

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by RocZX, Mar 5, 2019.

1. SebiGT89

SebiGT89

Thanks for sharing that podcast. Now I understand why GMD needs a high-revs engine. In order to make the fan effect work you must keep your engine revs high.

2. SiriusR

SiriusR

Surprisingly, I'm not as excited about it as I thought I would be. Which is surprising considering how hyped I was about Speedtail.
    Also, this cars feels more like a remake of the F1 rather than its successor to me, as it seems to practically be an F1 with modern day components. That's not a bad thing at all though, as F1 would benefit greatly from being redesigned with modern tech in mind.

I have to say that light weight is also the only thing Senna has in common with F1. Senna was built with an entirely different purpose in mind from F1's. F1 was supposed to be the ultimate grand tourer, while Senna is a street-legal track beast.

I so strongly agree with this. More than that, manual gearbox is more bound to hinder this car's performance and comfort of car's non-performance driving use (a reminder that 500+ supercars with stick shifts are an absolute hell to use when you're not flooring them - ask anyone who drove, for example, a Lamborghini Diablo through a city), which i believe goes against the car's goals. Almost feels like the sole point of a manual gearbox in this car is to please the "row your own" crowd.
    If anything, what I think this car would deserve is a gearbox like Koenigsegg Jesko's Light Speed Gearbox, or Koenigsegg Regera's Koenigsegg Direct Drive.

3. JayKayEm

JayKayEm

Dear Mr. Murray,

Please can we have some news on TVR before you start anything else.

Best Regards,

The Entire TVR Community.

SiriusR likes this.
  4. I would like to see that but I'm gonna guess they aren't doing it because they do not need to do anything specific to grab attention.