Got a PlayStation? Care to share your username?

• Thread starter Pako
  • 691 comments
So I know of 4 people the have RFOM:

J_R
Duck
Omnis
Me (it somewhere in a UPS truck now)

How does this work if we all want to play together?

EDIT:

Pako, do you think that you might be able to update the list?

Duċk;2544364
Nice!

Hehe, we have the same games.

I'll be sure to give your custom character a serious rec-league beatdown if we ever play online.

No way, my guy is nails.

So I know of 4 people the have RFOM:

J_R
Duck
Omnis
Me (it somewhere in a UPS truck now)

How does this work if we all want to play together?

EDIT:

Pako, do you think that you might be able to update the list?

Working to see if we can see a list of all usernames and PS3 tags in a Member Search result.

Who is pandashat? Is he from here?

I just saw this, lol.

No, Pandashat is a guy from a Tekken forum that I frequent, he's pretty good at RFOM, as are a few other members of the clan (boxbrosg and KaijinJin specifically). I'm getting up there though!

I just saw this, lol.

No, Pandashat is a guy from a Tekken forum that I frequent, he's pretty good at RFOM, as are a few other members of the clan (boxbrosg and KaijinJin specifically). I'm getting up there though!

We don't need to be adding people you meet online to the GTP list, good or not.

That's exactly what i was doing since I've only known users from GTP. I assumed he was from here since he requested me as a friend before I even knew he was a part of the clan. thought he ws from here thats why i asked.

For those of you who dont know you can now enter in your Playstation Network ID (PSN-ID) in your profile so it appears in threads underneath your location field.....

1.Go to My GTPlanet on the top left hand corner of the page

2. Then select Edit Profile

3. Enter you PSN-ID

4. Save Changes

5. Your good to go!

Robin :)

So what's the easiest way to start a online game with your contacts? There's no way to In-Game message is there? It would be a nice feature if I see you guys playing a particular game (MotorStorm, and F1CE come to mind) to drop a line to see if you guys wonna do some gaming, and visa-versa.

Slackbladder

I'm in the UK so I'm waiting until the 23rd March. But I have my name "Slackbladder" already pre-registered so come the 23rd I'll be playing online under that username!👍

So what's the easiest way to start a online game with your contacts? There's no way to In-Game message is there? It would be a nice feature if I see you guys playing a particular game (MotorStorm, and F1CE come to mind) to drop a line to see if you guys wonna do some gaming, and visa-versa.
I have only had the game one day but It looks like you can invite freinds to game, it has an invite friend to game option. I don't think there is a in game message, only like resistance where you can chat in the screen before the game starts.
DOH, Sorry I thought this was in the Formula one thread not the username thread, I alpologize again, lol

I have only had the game one day but It looks like you can invite freinds to game, it has an invite friend to game option. I don't think there is a in game message, only like resistance where you can chat in the screen before the game starts.
Motorstorm does allow you to verbally chat before and during a game, but the online features for trying to play with friends in Motorstorm are pathetic... something I was a tad vocal about just a few minutes ago in the mega Motorstorm thread.

I will say though, I am impressed so far in how well the "Friends" menu works in XMB. From there you can see who is signed on, what games they are currently playing (even if they aren't playing online!). It even tells you if they are playing a demo game. It won’t tell you though if someone is listening or watching any files from the Photo, Music, and Video menus. Curiously, the PS3 also automatically signs you off the network when you put in Blu-ray disc, and signs you right back on when you eject it. I'm guessing that is to prevent any kind of network interference.

From the Friends menu you can also do several other things by highlighting a friend in the list and press the triangle button. There is a Sort By option, Message List, Create Message, Start New Chat, Delete, and Profile options. When selecting individual messages, the Triangle button brings up a new set of options as well.

Overall, the Friends Menu in XMB is really well though out.

Anyway, as far as inviting friends for a game, F1CE does the best job as far as I have seen; Kudos to Sony's Studio Liverpool for that! 👍

Back