Got a PlayStation? Care to share your username?

• Thread starter Pako
  • 691 comments
Well i guess i'll add my name too. GODZlLLA ( oh the ( i ) is a lower case L, so it has three L's in it. thanks boys hope to see you around..

I tried adding everyone on to my PSN buddy list but couldn't. There is a max cap. That kind of sux. Sony needs to update where you can make groups also.

I think the cap for "Friends" is 50 per ID, but I have not personally checked to see if this is true.

I think the cap for "Friends" is 50 per ID, but I have not personally checked to see if this is true.
WHAT!!!!! Hey, some gaming geeks are popular you know. I don't know any of them, but they do exist.

Once again, gamers stereotyped to never being able to have more than 50 friends/buddies/whatever.

WHAT!!!!! Hey, some gaming geeks are popular you know. I don't know any of them, but they do exist.

Once again, gamers stereotyped to never being able to have more than 50 friends/buddies/whatever.
I agree that for some 50 isn't nearly enough. I think XBL has a cap of 100, but at least with the PS3 you can have multiple IDs and not have to pay $50 a year for each one.

This also allows you to "organize" your PSN friends by the game you might play with them.

The ideal solution of course would be to have an unlimited friend's list (although obviously unrealistic), and more importantly, one where you can organize them in custom folders.

So for instance, you would be able to have a folder for all your GTP friends, one for all your WRC friends, folders for each League you might be a part of, friends from other places, friends who you only play with for a specific game, etc.

I'm no master programmer, but I would think one way around the problem of unlimited friend's list would be to only show you the status of the friends in each folder, rather than the entire list. Then you could limit the number of friends for each folder to 50. This would certainly help avoid all the bandwidth problems you would have if people had unlimited friends list and the network would have to continually update those lists with the current status of each friend.

In a way this option is already available to PS3 owners, but not 360 owners unless they want to pay a few hundred dollars a year in multiple IDs.

I have been doing this for a while now, using the friends list in each of my ten different IDs to organize my friends accordingly. So if 50 is still the limit, then I currently have a max of 500... not that I ever intend to fill it.

I'm not on the list and others who came after me are :(

Sorry about that.... You are actually listed but under:

Kikie AKA C'est moi

As that is how you listed your name. Would you rather be listed under C'est moi?

Sorry about that.... You are actually listed but under:

Kikie AKA C'est moi

As that is how you listed your name. Would you rather be listed under C'est moi?
Sorry my mistake! I was looking for c'est moi but Kikie is better!

👍

I havent got any broadband at the moment and may not have it sorted for a few more weeks, just to let anyone know if you sent a friend request in the last little while and I havent accepted, I will be back to normal opperation soon! :)

Robin

50??? That's a lot in my "What the limit should be for a PS3 buddy list" book. I have like 4 people on my friend's list on the PS3 and about 30 on XBL.:lol: When I have time, I'll start requesting you guys so I can have more people to play games with. Right now, none of my "real" friends have a PS3, they all either have a Wii or a 360.

I also have a book of "Cool people that I have met".

can someone edit mine in the first post I now have another account which is adood84 :)

I will also edit it from original post

-> It's been more than six months I have my PS3, and its only now I get to share my usernames:

1. US Account = TQPI
2. JP Account = JDM Freaker

:)

Finally I get my PS3!

KeefRacer I am.

I've got Motorstorm and Warhawk so far. I'll probably be playing Warhawk more often.

50??? That's a lot in my "What the limit should be for a PS3 buddy list" book. I have like 4 people on my friend's list on the PS3 and about 30 on XBL.:lol: When I have time, I'll start requesting you guys so I can have more people to play games with. Right now, none of my "real" friends have a PS3, they all either have a Wii or a 360.

I also have a book of "Cool people that I have met".

I have 2... :ouch:

Is the limit on friends still 50? Maybe with the 2.0 update they upped the limit...

Not that I have anywhere near that! I have like 10!...

No one I know (like in the 'real world') owns a PS3! :indiff:... they are all 360 moguls!

Robin

Back