Got a PS3 or PS4? Care to share your username?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Pako, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

Thats the same way everyone i know is, they all buy 360's and wii's because they are cheaper, I bought my PS3 in like early december and only know 4 people in real life who also own one

So now that the prices have come down and they have that awesome 80GB, MOTORSTORM, 1 controller, and 5 BR DVDs deal I think some people are going to have to buy it. That and the fact that 360 doesnt have very many exciting exclusive games coming out like the PS3 does.

2. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

I am now part of the community ...Minus955. :D

3. Rawgee

Rawgee

PSN Username: Rawgee81

Add me if you want to play CoD4! ;)

4. FoolKiller

FoolKiller Premium

Just an etiquette reminder when adding people to your Friend's list; include a message saying you are from GTP and what your GTP ID is.

I'm not referring to anyone here specifically, but I have had a few requests from people I played online with and even a message from someone I don't know at all. In the end they turned out to not be GTP members because I recognize most of them thanks to this thread. But I realized I would have shot down a GTP member if they were from here.

But to give you an idea of why I am suggesting this: Giancarlo added me to his Friend's List. He added the message telling me who he was, which was good because I would have otherwise denied it not knowing who Minus955 is. Using good etiquette saves us all time and prevents getting denied from someone who doesn't want to take the time to respond and ask who you are.

5. Robin

Robin Premium

Im sure I added you a while ago foolkiller, I said who I was and from GTP...

Robin

6. Beerz

Beerz Premium

Yep, I do that in all my buddy requests too.

7. ranhammerR34

ranhammerR34 Premium

Hey everyone... I have PS3 myself and my username is RandyMorgan! See ya! --- Randy

8. FoolKiller

FoolKiller Premium

I noticed it in my messages folder but have no clue why I didn't click on add, unless it was one of the three times my wife tried to use the PS3.

I do know there was one morning around that time when she was trying desperately to figure out Lemmings.

If I remember when I get home I will add you.

I have only purposely turned down one friend request and one Warhawk clan invite. The fruiend request was in French and mentioned Tekken 5 Online, so I was pretty sure I had no clue who that was.

9. SkylineObsession

SkylineObsession Premium

My PSN username is SkylineObsession.
    But i'm pretty much never online ay. I did the first week i had the console but haven't gone online with it for the past three weeks or so now, can't be bothered swapping the network cable over all the time nor spending the money to get a second cable. :|

Meh. :)

10. FoolKiller

FoolKiller Premium

May I suggest wireless? Ah, I see you have a 360 as well.

How much is an extra ethernet cable? And I thought the PS3 came with one. Mine did.

What games are you playing on your PS3 that you don't get online with? Of my four BD games two log in, and a large number of my PSN games log in for leaderboard information at a minimum.

11. Robin

Robin Premium

I'm having to constantly swap the ethernet cable out of the back of my PC and plug it into the PS3 on the shelf which means it now has its own small mirror I leave by its side so I can see where to stick it in! :lol:

I don't want to go wireless but I would like to be able to plug the ethernet cord which came with the PS3 into the back to lead it out to the front then have a female to female connector to plug in the main cable.. This way I don't have to mess round the back and I wont strip the PS3's ethernet socket! :scared:

Is there such a thing as a female to female ethernet adaptor? Just like an extender to connect two cables?

Robin

12. DustDriver

DustDriver Staff Emeritus

dustdriver is my username.

I was wondering why i couldn't use it at first. Couldn't use my dustdriver email either to make an account. Then i remembered that with the PS3 launch you could register a username for use on the PS3.
    Logged in with my dustdriver email address and it worked :)

13. FoolKiller

FoolKiller Premium

14. Robin

Robin Premium

15. Pako

Pako Staff Emeritus

Get yourself a little 4 port hub. Hook it up and forget about it.

[​IMG]

16. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

Or a Router, Linksys makes great routers!

[​IMG]

17. Vasco

Vasco Premium

Vasco506

Now I just need to buy some games :)

18. ceiling_fan

ceiling_fan

ceiling_fan

no games yet.

I'm also happy that I had no problems with network stuff. I'm using wireless so I didn't even have to get up! :dopey:

19. nige

nige

Just had mine a few days. 60gb from Ebay.
    My Username is scooby_nige

nige

20. bellybox

bellybox Premium

bellybox
    I'm usually playing Dirt.

21. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium

Please - Don't tell the man to buy a hub - That's sooo last millenium. Get a cheap switch instead.
    [​IMG]

D-Link 5 port

22. WallRunner

WallRunner Premium

My username is WallRunner51

Usually playing Rock Band or Motorstorm, hoping to get WarHawk with my $100 gift card.

From,
    Chris

23. Formula1Driver

Formula1Driver

You should seriously consider picking up Call of Duty 4, there are a bunch of us at GTP that can't stop playing it. Great online FPS!

24. jgda9rs

jgda9rs

jgda9rs .used to be pasig but ichanged it

25. __V__

__V__

vishal11
    ALWAYS on call of duty....!!!:D:D:D

26. Beerz

Beerz Premium

Just adrian? It wasn't taken yet? Lucky bastard! :lol:

Hey buddy, congrats on the PS3 then, if you can, try getting CoD4 so we can meet online, kill people and chat on the headsets.

27. Fairlady240zg

Fairlady240zg

StrangexBrew.

28. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

Mine is lipming. Don't ask!

29. Pako

Pako Staff Emeritus

I'm just Ol'e Skool I guess. :D But yes, a switch would be better.

You know we're going to ask right? So what's up with that username?

List Updated.

30. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

It is a segment of a word that I made up.

When I heard Janice from the TV show Friends surname, I assumed it was spelt 'Lipmingarolnickmahosinstein', when actually it was spelt 'Litman Goralnick nee Hosenstein'. Anyway, I took a liking to my new made-up word, however the full word was too long to have as a username, so I took the first part of the word instead.