Got that feeling?

• Thread starter NSX-R
  • 5 comments
After a long break from Enthusia, I ended my abstinence by trying it again. The experience was not as pleasant as I thought it would be. Every time I brake into a low-speed corner from 100 mph+, the tail steps out when I heel-and-toe and make a little turn-in. Anyone thinks the oversteering is a bit server in EPR? I have played LFS and such, and did not feel pro-oversteer attitude in EPR.

Oversteer in enthusia is much more aparant than it is in GT4, but thats because GT4 has unrealistic oversteer. Enthusia's, i believe, is much more true to real life.

And if you played LFS, I think LFS has a lot more oversteer than enthusia, by a lot.

Having "beaten" all my driving games so far, and being about to buy what will, most probably, be my last "PS2 driving game" (Tourist Trophy), all my driving in the PS2 has been, for almost one year, using the games I like to "return" to.

Every now and then I try others. But really the games I like to return to are just two: EPR and LM24H. The first, because it is the one where I feel closer to experience "real driving". The second, because, even with poor physics, graphics and sound, it's the still the best at recreating endurance racing. And I like long races, with lots of cars, day and night, sun and rain, etc.

[OT]
currently I am doing - again - a full 24H of Le Mans, in a works Panoz. One set of tyres/fuel load per session (about 80/90 minutes of racing). The race started with a cloudy sky, and after 30 mins, it started to rain (I was in 12th position - started 24th). I entered the pits after one lap under the rain and when I was back on track I was already in 18th place. Three stints later (it's already 8h30 PM saturday), the rain hasn't ceased yet ... and I'm currently 1st, with the 3 Audis some 30 seconds behind.

Please note that, in dry conditions, the Audis lap consistently at about 3:35/3:36. I can do that also, but not consistently, because: a) my car has a conservative setup in order to be easier to drive and to save both tyres and fuel; b) sometimes I make time consuming mistakes.

So, if the rain stops, my advantage so far could still be short.
[/OT]

i also noticed that EPR has a more realistic oversteer-feeling than GT4. in GT4 you'll notice oversteering when you're already spinning or so. in EPR you notice it from the point where the rear-tires start loosing grip.

good luck for the race Hun200kmh!!

viper

I agree with Sicbeing -- Live for Speed is much more "oversteery," if you want to call it that, than Enthusia. Enthusia's problem is that it makes oversteer a little too easy to control.

uM_Jammer
Why would you need to heel-toe? There's no real clutch, and the game rev matches for you anyway.

I think NSX-R has a setup like this.

Back