*Gr.3 European Sprint Cup 2019* CHAMPIONSHIP FINISHED - Congratulations to @HoonigaN96 our Champion.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 652 comments
We're down to 1:49.002 . . Progress!!

First outing with the Subaru and into the high 45s

8Wf1O2J.png

45's is probably a bit out of my range.
I should really give Catalunya a go, but I expect I would see 46's.

And speaking of which, sorry if I've missed it, but do we have a race 'time of day' for practise?

45's is probably a bit out of my range.
I should really give Catalunya a go, but I expect I would see 46's.

And speaking of which, sorry if I've missed it, but do we have a race 'time of day' for practise?

Haven't set one yet. Will post here when I'm home and let you know today 👍

Here is the time/condition settings for all the races:

Catalunya - 16:30 (Sunny)

Monza - 12:00 (Fine Weather)

Red Bull Ring - 09:45 (Fine Weather)

Brands Hatch - 11:30 (Fine Weather)

Le Mans - 15:00 (Sunny)

St. Croix - 19:50 (Sunny)

Please note this is not the actual start times :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Well, I just took the Beetle for a spin.
It went a bit better than expected.

Not my best track, so a little inconsistent if I try to push hard.
Things got a little squirrelly in the second sector, but I managed this lap with race settings. 👍

Great lap. Was it in Time Trial mode?

Meanwhile, I'm playing with bits of wood, and a seat from an old Celica.

My excuse is, it'll be comfy. If I'm comfy, I'll go faster
Last time I raced with you guys I was on a makeshift wheel stand and a logitech G29, now have a proper playseat, as my old chair broke, wooden slats were knackered, arse was basically hanging out under the chair :lol:, and now running the Fanatec wheel

I've tested the FT-1 in my spare time doing 22 Laps of Catalunya and I did a 1:46.4 as the best lap I think? Will test out the GR Supra and the RC F at some point.

Last time I raced with you guys I was on a makeshift wheel stand and a logitech G29, now have a proper playseat, as my old chair broke, wooden slats were knackered, arse was basically hanging out under the chair :lol:, and now running the Fanatec wheel

Apologies for being off topic...@HoonigaN96 which Fanatec wheel did you get? How you finding it compared to G29, I'm thinking of changing my G29.

I've done a few laps in the Jag and low 46's are the best so far...race pace over 22 laps is another thing!

Apologies for being off topic...@HoonigaN96 which Fanatec wheel did you get? How you finding it compared to G29, I'm thinking of changing my G29.

I've done a few laps in the Jag and low 46's are the best so far...race pace over 22 laps is another thing!

The feedback from the wheel is much more precise than the G29 and more detailed, for example the wheel will vibrate as the understeer builds to let you know your being a spanner and entering the turn too fast. The standard CSL pedals are quite good, good built quality and works well, gets better with the loadcell.

The main thing I've noticed is that my consistencyhhas improved greatly. I think this is because of the better feedback through the wheel and precision in the pedals, allows me to drive more smoothly without losing time compared to the G29, helping me managing the tyres over a stint

Latest Posts

Back