Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Hey guys no Happy Birthdays Yesterday (7/25).

Anyway I wanted to ask everyone but, particularly the wheel users. What's the longest you feel you could drive in one session as a single driver.

With the return of time and weather to Gran Turismo 7. I would like to host condensed 24 hour races. But, more I conden the race. The faster weather systems will move. For example a 24 hour race cut into 2 hours would require a change x12. This would every 5 minutes in race would be 1 hour in game. The rapid time change can be especially problematic for the longer race tracks. Where are can't respond to rapid weather changes.

I've been made aware that files for a B-Spec are in the game code. However until it's added to the game. And if available for use in lobbies. Every race is a single driver event. So far now. How long is to long?
I’d say 1.5- 2 hours. Chances are half the lobby will be disconnected by then though 😭

I’d say 1.5- 2 hours. Chances are half the lobby will be disconnected by then though 😭
I'm not worried about disconnections. My internet connection is very good. I'm always a 4 or 5 bar connection in Sport Mode. And I think I've only been disconnected once on GT7 so far.

I did host a few 2.5 hour lap races on GTS. With some big points bonuses for motivation. However I'm aware some wheel drivers have stated that GT7 is a be more exhausting than GTS. Is there any truth to this?

I'm not worried about disconnections. My internet connection is very good. I'm always a 4 or 5 bar connection in Sport Mode. And I think I've only been disconnected once on GT7 so far.

I did host a few 2.5 hour lap races on GTS. With some big points bonuses for motivation. However I'm aware some wheel drivers have stated that GT7 is a be more exhausting than GTS. Is there any truth to this?
I would say 2.5 hours. It's my knees that bother me after being relatively stationary for so long. A 5 minute break in the middle of a race would do wonders to alleviate it. Too bad there isn't a way to make a "simulated" driver change in the middle of a race.

It was joking :D

I would say 2.5 hours. It's my knees that bother me after being relatively stationary for so long. A 5 minute break in the middle of a race would do wonders to alleviate it. Too bad there isn't a way to make a "simulated" driver change in the middle of a race.
You could force a mandatory 5 minute pit stop for everyone. Wouldn’t be too hard to police from the race replay.

You could force a mandatory 5 minute pit stop for everyone. Wouldn’t be too hard to police from the race replay.
That would be a much nicer format for long races. I typically spend at least 2 hours behind the wheel for our 90 minute races with practice and qualifying, it can be painful standing up after that you really can't reposition your legs during that time. I would think it's worse for controller users, my hand would start to fall asleep after 20 minutes or so of racing with a DS4.

That would be a much nicer format for long races. I typically spend at least 2 hours behind the wheel for our 90 minute races with practice and qualifying, it can be painful standing up after that you really can't reposition your legs during that time. I would think it's worse for controller users, my hand would start to fall asleep after 20 minutes or so of racing with a DS4.
Yeah I afraid you say 2.5 is pretty much the limit for the us non professionals wheel users. As a controller user it really depends on the track layout for my limit. Tracks with a lot of turns and few straightaways are much more tiring. Probably one of the most exhausting tracks to me is Suzuka Circuit. Very few actually straightaways throughout a lap to take a break. Compared to something La Sarthe. That has a lot of long straightaways. I could probably run 3 to 4 hours there.

Gran Turismo caps the race delay finish clock at 180 seconds (3 Minutes). So I don't like running lap races on the longer tracks. Because that time limit may interfere with on track battles. I had several late races battles in Sport Mode ruined by that cutoff timer.

If Gran Turismo had half hour in increments after 2 hours. I could run 2.5 race and at least decrease time change from x12 to x10. The weather systems would more a little slower. I also would like like the maximum 200 lap limit to be increased. Gr.3 cars at Northern Isle can completed the 200 laps in a hour.

Some sort of intermission has been a thought but, I don't know how to do it. Where it won't effect track position. I would also like to implement some kind full course yellows. However I'm not sure how to do so without using a mic.

If any of you good ideas how to implement these ideas. Without this issues. I would like to know.

Last edited:
Yeah I afraid you say 2.5 is pretty much the limit for the us non professionals wheel users. As a controller user it really depends on the track layout for my limit. Tracks with a lot of turns and few straightaways are much more tiring. Probably one of the most exhausting tracks to me is Suzuka Circuit. Very few actually straightaways throughout a lap to take a break. Compared to something La Sarthe. That has a lot of long straightaways. I could probably run 3 to 4 hours there.

Gran Turismo caps the race delay finish clock at 180 seconds (3 Minutes). So I don't like running lap races on the longer tracks. Because that time limit may interfere with on track battles. I had several late races battles in Sport Mode ruined by that cutoff timer.

If Gran Turismo had half hour in increments after 2 hours. I could run 2.5 race and at least decrease time change from x12 to x10. The weather systems would more a little slower. I also would like like the maximum 200 lap limit to be increased. Gr.3 cars at Northern Isle can completed the 200 laps in a hour.

Some sort of intermission has been a thought but, I don't know how to do it. Where it won't effect track position. I would also like to implement some kind full course yellows. However I'm not sure how to do so without using a mic.

If any of you good ideas how to implement these ideas. Without this issues. I would like to know.
I managed to run a semi successful super formula series which had a dedicated safety car driver. Feel free to steal some ideas and message the driver in question, not sure he plays any more though.

Last edited:
I managed to run a semi successful super formula series which had a dedicated safety car driver. Feel free to steal some ideas and message the driver in question, not sure he plays any more though.

I don't really want to take away a grid spot for a dedicated safety car driver. A max 16 car field is already pretty small car count.

By the way 160 km is closer to 99 mph. It would come to 99.36 mph. Normally I'm terrible at Math. But I've become pretty good at converting between kilometers and miles do to racing. I also greatly understood decimals better than fractions do to the same reason.

I don't really want to take away a grid spot for a dedicated safety car driver. A max 16 car field is already pretty small car count.

By the way 160 km is closer to 99 mph. It would come to 99.36 mph. Normally I'm terrible at Math. But I've become pretty good at converting between kilometers and miles do to racing. I also greatly understood decimals better than fractions do to the same reason.
What are the chances of having a full grid though? Even if you have a full roster, chances are at least 1 or 2 will drop out last minute. It’s a valid point though.
We didn’t have the safety car driver for every round, in those rounds we just ran the lead car as the safety car and kept the procedure the same using in game chat to request the sc etc
I also ran an earlier version of the SC procedure in my endurance event if you can find that.
It actually worked really well for the endurance race, we even ended up with a 1 lap sprint round Bathurst to end a 90 minute race.
I do like SC procedures, they give the race some forgiveness, increase the chance of random things happening and make it feel more alive.
Whatever you come up with I would recommend hosting a pre season race to practice as there will be some mistakes as everyone have to learn/understand how the system works during a race. It also allows you to tweak any issues that crop up for you.

What are the chances of having a full grid though? Even if you have a full roster, chances are at least 1 or 2 will drop out last minute. It’s a valid point though.
We didn’t have the safety car driver for every round, in those rounds we just ran the lead car as the safety car and kept the procedure the same using in game chat to request the sc etc
I also ran an earlier version of the SC procedure in my endurance event if you can find that.
It actually worked really well for the endurance race, we even ended up with a 1 lap sprint round Bathurst to end a 90 minute race.
I do like SC procedures, they give the race some forgiveness, increase the chance of random things happening and make it feel more alive.
Whatever you come up with I would recommend hosting a pre season race to practice as there will be some mistakes as everyone have to learn/understand how the system works during a race. It also allows you to tweak any issues that crop up for you.
I think I ran a couple of those safety car races with the SF, I thought it was a great idea and it was fun .

Fired up Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition last night to find I have no save file and need to restart everything. Managed a 1,47.600 at Monza in the Ferrari FXX Mission and won the first Fiat/Essex cup race on Alien. Man, I forgot what real Force Feedback felt like. A.C. and A.C.C. cannot be beat in that regard when it comes to console gaming.

Don't know if I will be back on GT7 soon but usually 2 hours is my limit for non-stop racing. There were nights where I would be on for 5 hours with breaks; hosting the Radical Series from 7:30 onward to then give the GTWS races a try. It was too much and I dropped out of that and would stop playing after Race 2 in the Radicals. GT7 lost its initial release luster for me and now I want better feedback, etc.

Well 4 hours would be the idea target. But, until when and if B-spec is reintroduced.

So for now I'm thinking of a test run of 3 hour race with a mandatory 10 minute break. As part of this year's mixed fall series. This would reduce time to x8 for a full 24 hour clock. Each in game hour would be 7.5 minutes in real time.

Drivers will be required to take a mandatory 10 break in pit lane. Driver's are the choice of when their break occurs during the race.

I'm not sure how I would want to do full course yellows yet. I would want to somehow have the leader be the control car. Instead of taking up a partial for another racer.

Last edited:
Well 4 hours would be idea target. Until when and if B-spec is reintroduced.

So far now I'm thinking of a test run of 3 hour race with a mandatory 10 minute break. As part of this year's mixed fall series. This would reduce time to x8 for a full 24 hour clock. Each in game hour would be 7.5 minutes in real time.

Drivers will be required to take a mandatory 10 break in pit lane. Driver's are the choice of when their break occurs during the race.

I'm not sure how I would want to do full course yellows yet. I would want to somehow have the leader be the control car. Instead of taking up a partial for another racer.
I'm game to try it out especially since I have a new wheel and finally got a PS5. My wife had been trying to find a PS5 for me, she had to get an invite to buy one, thats insane but at least we finally got one.

I'm game to try it out especially since I have a new wheel and finally got a PS5. My wife had been trying to find a PS5 for me, she had to get an invite to buy one, thats insane but at least we finally got one.
I recently got an invite from PlayStation to buy a PS5. Unfortunately I can't afford one at the moment. Especially not with are dam landlord putting our rent up $200.

I regret to inform everyone that I have decided to postpone my fall series until October. I have a lot going on in August and September this year. And I think it would interfere with our race schedule too much.

I'm sorry for the radio silence. It's been weird and hectic few weeks of uncertainty.

Our place got inspected by the city. A few things failed. So our landlord has been coming around fixing what is required to pass inspection.

Then someone may or may not be moving out. And someone else may or may not be moving in. Both tiring and confusing.

Oh, and just a few days ago. My disc drive just suddenly me died on me. I can still play download games which luckily GT7 is. But I can't play disc games for the for-seeable future.

I'm not sure if I'm still going to run a fall series this year or not. I may just run a few specials. And just focus other future projects.

Last edited:
Multi-Class Endurance League

Introduction

This is a semi serious unique multi class Endurance racing league. Drivers will have the option to compete in one of the top 3 racing classes (Gr.1, Gr.2, and Gr.3 in GT7. Races will be held on Saturday nights. On a somewhat bi-weekly schedule. With a season running from January to May or June.

Race length will be between 1 hour and 3 hours. All races will feature realistic settings including heavy mechanical damage. Most races will feature the all 3 classes on track together. I will be offering an award this series. The class winners will be able to select a track for the following season.

Prize Info

The points winner of each class will be allowed to select a track for the following season.

I owe a few some awards to the winners of from GTS series. So following winners will be allowed to select a track for the inaugural season. If they plan on attending.

2020/21 Super Car WSCS Winner Pick - Jarkulary
2021 Rinsky's MSN Winner Pick - Fastone371
2022 Rinsky's MSN Final Tour Overall Winner Pick - QTip8329Wags

Note: I time for testing. Your track selection must be submitted before December 10th, 2022 or it will be forfeited.

Some choice restrictions on track selection may apply.

The following tracks may not be selected: Barcelona-Catalunya - Rallycross, Colorado Springs - All Layouts, Fishman Ranch - All Layouts, Sardegna - Windmills - All Layouts

Repeat races will be allowed. Please be layout specific. Or I may get creative with your pick.

Note: Your selection is the for track only. I will be choosing how it is implemented into the schedule.

Unofficial Race Schedule
1/7/23 - 6/3/23

1/7 - R1.
1/21 - R2. 3 Hours of Daytona Road Course
2/4 - R3.
2/18 - R4. Daytona Tri-Oval 200 (Gr.3 Only)
3/4 - R5. 2 Hours of Trial Mountain
3/18 - R6.
4/1 - R7.
4/15 - R8.
4/29 - R9.
5/6 - R10.
5/20 - R11.
6/3 - R12. 3 Hours of Le Mans No Chicane

Not Yet Scheduled Race

Watkins Glen Short Course
High-Speed Ring Reverse
Deep Forest Forward
Lago Maggiore West End
Road Atlanta

Last edited:
This is my new league's soft opening. I'm giving the old crew couple days advanced before I open up everyone on GT Planet this Saturday. This forum is not 100% complete yet but, I want to get sign ups started. So I present the...

Sports Car Endurance Racing Championship

20970946176998818.jpg

Host Introduction

Hello I'm Cold Warrior (PSN TheColdWarriors). I am the creator and main host of this series. I'm very passionate about cars and racing. Of past and present. And I will race almost anything in the game.

Series Introduction

This is a semi serious unique multi class Endurance racing league. Intended to be my flagship league for GT7. Drivers will have the option to compete in one of the top 3 racing classes (Gr.1, Gr.2, and Gr.3 in GT7. Races will be held on Saturday nights. On a somewhat bi-weekly schedule. With a season running from January to June.

Race length will be between 1 hour and 3 hours. All races will feature realistic settings including heavy mechanical damage. Most races will feature the all 3 classes on track together. I will be offering an award for this series. The class winners will be able to select a track for the following season.

Link

Last edited:
Still looking for drivers for my GT7 Saturday Night Endurance League. First round starts in 4 days. With 15 races between Jan 6th and Jun 22nd. Players can choose between Gr.1 or Gr.3 classes. Gr.1 DRIVERS NEEDED. Lobby will be open by 7pm. Qualifying starts at 8pm and the race will start at 8:30pm. More details available if interested.

Back