Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Whoops mistake. Cars are to be stock power and weight not unlimited. Tires and fuel multiplier are set for stock performance.

Supercar Race (Updated)

Special Event - October 23rd, 2021

Japanese K Car 2 Hour Special

Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop (Night)

2 hours, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Clear

Grid Start

Tires x20 Fuel x10

Fuel At Start 97%

Corner Penalties Strong

Qualifying Time: 11 minutes

Car Selection

Honda S660 '15

Honda Beat '91

Daihatsu Copen '02

In order of recommendation

Car Regulations

N100 Class

Japanese K Car only

BOP None

Stock Power and Weight

Tires Sports Softs Only

No Tuning (Except Brakes)

Driving Options

Driving Line Allowed

ABS Allowed

TCS Prohibited

ASM Prohibited

Countersteering assist Prohibited

Auto Drive Prohibited

Last edited:
I think lifting power and weight restrictions should make it a fun race. These cars could probably fit 4 wide at Tokyo. I would imagine these cars are Fuel misery, how long are tires lasting??
Nope that was a typo on my part. The tires and fuel multiplier are set for stock performance. People won't able to finish Qualifying without pitting if I leave it.

That's bad ass to build a cockpit out of metal🍻 It's my low back that chooses the position for me. It's a FuknMess down there. Sitting in a regular chair kills anymore so I need to be more lay'd back to keep the vertical pressure off. It makes having fun in RL a bitch. On top of low back, I have developed an awesome case of neuropathy in my ass over the last couple of years. Basically if you pay attention to just the sit part of your ass, the part that touches the chair; it feels like I'm siiting on a cactus, when I stand up it feels like a burning cactus👍🏻 See isn't that awesome kids🤣🤣🤣 Anyway, that is the purpose of looking at the F1 style Cockpit. I've got this bad ass Open Wheel Sim cockpit I got for an awesome deal, did I mention that to you all🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm using the chair and making a frame for it to sit on and tilting it back. The seat is FuknAwesome🤗😁😁

while I'm here; I didn't test your RSR at Monza because... well the porsche thing🙄 but I just did the in-game Boxer challenge and ran your little RSR😳 Tune that thing up and you've got yourself a Rad Racer Dad😁 Holy quick Batman👍🏻 I have been doing the challenges with no Driving aids but needed to use TCS to do the Boxer Challenge😞😞😞 I can't drive the thing w/o it. I think I've only used TCS on 2 challenges so far👍🏻
Too bad to hear your top speed issue😈 Sounds like we have a chance at Monza boys😁😁 🤔🤔either change cars=no points or no top speed=6points🤓 Cause I'm not gonna be last this time🤣🤣🤣🤣

FYI: the dozen cars I've tested, while loosing tire grip, I was able to maintain full top speed for all 10 laps. Lap times dropped off by 0:00:0?? All of them, except for Jarkulary's hot rod will make it beyond 10 laps w/o down tuning for milage. Tire wear for the other cars tested should easily go the entire fuel load.

See you all in Tokyo, wear your sunday parade outfit🤡🤡🤡🤣🤣
Yeah, back issues suck. I have a herniated L5-S1, the narrow spinal cord tube thing (I forget the medical term at the moment) and another herniation at C4-C5 that they think needs a 3 level fusion, I have not had pictures of that area for awhile. I get a left arm that will go to sleep for 1-2 weeks at a time. Even though it's asleep it hurts like he'll when it happens, fortunately it's been a couple years since it's acted up and only acted up 3 times since I was first MRIed in 1998. They wanted to schedule me for neck fusion that day but the whole reason I was at the Doc was for lower back pain, apparently the Doc saw some issues during the office visit that he didn't like and had a cervical MRI taken along with lumbar and thoracic. The longer you live with this crap the more normal it seems so hopefully I can continue to avoid surgery and keep getting epidurals.

Yeah, back issues suck. I have a herniated L5-S1, the narrow spinal cord tube thing (I forget the medical term at the moment) and another herniation at C4-C5 that they think needs a 3 level fusion, I have not had pictures of that area for awhile. I get a left arm that will go to sleep for 1-2 weeks at a time. Even though it's asleep it hurts like he'll when it happens, fortunately it's been a couple years since it's acted up and only acted up 3 times since I was first MRIed in 1998. They wanted to schedule me for neck fusion that day but the whole reason I was at the Doc was for lower back pain, apparently the Doc saw some issues during the office visit that he didn't like and had a cervical MRI taken along with lumbar and thoracic. The longer you live with this crap the more normal it seems so hopefully I can continue to avoid surgery and keep getting epidurals.
This all from an injury or did you lose the genetics dice roll too?

I have no idea. Just lucky I guess, I never had an injury that I can blame it on. I'm sure some is wear and tear from work.
Damn man😞 the more people I talk to the more I hear about others with the same problems😳 Last year I had a 4lvl fusion, C3-C7. Being a FuknBadAss Metal Guitarist, you can see the fusion coming🙄😆 I was in a crazy roll over 30 yrs ago that I know fukt my neck up too. 22 years ago, I wrecked my left shoulder at work... had surgery and went back to work to soon and messed it up again... 2nd surgery the Dr. severed the deltoid off the bone... 5 months later 3rd surgery is the last I can have w/o loosing all feeling in my left arm. You can only cut nerves so many times in one area then they don't grow back right and never work again.

If I went on about my back, you all would have to flip the page🤣🤣 BUT I think the 3 of us share back issues and something I found out that isn't well known (anymore) is about the Sacroiliac Joint (SI Joint) Look it up👍🏻 If the ligements that holds this in place get stretched out, you will have problems forever that will continue to get worse. This is the joint that carries a lot of the load when your bent... you know why your suppose to lift with your legs🤔🤔🤔 They never tell you why, it's because lifting heavy **** when your bent over puts major stress on this joint. The fix can be found in the tool corral at you favorite big box hardware store😳😆😆 Check it out because it causes all kinds of back/sciatic symptoms and tooooo many dr.s don't believe it can get damaged.

It really chaps my ass about my back problems, not only was it only half diagnosed... making the undiagnosed problem far worse, but I had to stop racing😢 I'd been racing for 6-7yrs. at that point, had an international race team running at least top 10 in 4 leagues. Having to walk away was crushing, specially breaking it all down and putting it in the corner😞

Very Important
AND if you have been hurt at work OR know anyone that has been, contact Social Security Office asap. It's a bit of an explanation, but if your work comp case goes on for too long, you'll loose the credits you need to qualify for disability insurance. And always go to your own Dr. first if you can wait. The work comp dr.s are the real frauds in the system, not the injured.

Very Important
AND if you have been hurt at work OR know anyone that has been, contact Social Security Office asap. It's a bit of an explanation, but if your work comp case goes on for too long, you'll loose the credits you need to qualify for disability insurance. And always go to your own Dr. first if you can wait. The work comp dr.s are the real frauds in the system, not the injured.
Unfortunately this isn't very helpful to me. I was born with health issues and other health issues have added on since. While most of the them are minor and non life threatening. Have multiple health issues at once is the problem. And have generally made me useless to society. So I've had trouble great founding employment in the first place.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

A reminder of next Saturday's special event details and regulations. For Rinsky's MSN only racers. Lobby schedule is the same Rinsky's MSN series.

Supercar Race

Special Event - October 23rd, 2021
Japanese K Car 2 Hour Special

Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop (Night)
2 hours, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Clear
Grid Start
Tires x20 Fuel x10
Fuel At Start 97%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 11 minutes

Car Selection
Honda S660 '15
Honda Beat '91
Daihatsu Copen '02

In order of recommendation

Car Regulations

N100 Class
Japanese K Car only
BOP None
Stock Power and Weight
Tires Sports Softs Only
No Tuning (Except Brakes)

Driving Options
Driving Line Allowed
ABS Allowed
TCS Prohibited
ASM Prohibited
Countersteering assist Prohibited
Auto Drive Prohibited

Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm EDT
Sat 3:30 pm PDT
Sun 12:30 am CEST

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EDT
Sat 4:30 pm PDT
Sun 1:30 am CEST

Unfortunately this isn't very helpful to me. I was born with health issues and other health issues have added on since. While most of the them are minor and non life threatening. Have multiple health issues at once is the problem. And have generally made me useless to society. So I've had trouble great founding employment in the first place.
😔I almost know what your saying. I am now what I call "Unemployably Disabled". I would be more of a liablity than a productive worker bee. I have the spinal domino happening, 1 wrong turn and I'll be on the ground poop'n myself screaming for an Ambulance like a little girl🤣 fortunately my wife has a super kick ass job that keeps us a float economically. I couldn't imagine having to deal with any medical issues all my life😢 We have some friends who's daughter was born with Diabetes😳🥺 How do you get a child through life having to live monitoring yourself while your friends are on their way to get ice cream☹️. I just couldn't imagine it. My phrase has been "it is what it is", it kind of helps to keep from mindfuk'n your issues and going on with life the best I can. Best of luck with your physical issues for both of you🍻

😔I almost know what your saying. I am now what I call "Unemployably Disabled". I would be more of a liablity than a productive worker bee. I have the spinal domino happening, 1 wrong turn and I'll be on the ground poop'n myself screaming for an Ambulance like a little girl🤣 fortunately my wife has a super kick ass job that keeps us a float economically. I couldn't imagine having to deal with any medical issues all my life😢 We have some friends who's daughter was born with Diabetes😳🥺 How do you get a child through life having to live monitoring yourself while your friends are on their way to get ice cream☹️. I just couldn't imagine it. My phrase has been "it is what it is", it kind of helps to keep from mindfuk'n your issues and going on with life the best I can. Best of luck with your physical issues for both of you🍻
I think the workers bees should be an insulted by this. They might have short tempers. But, they help make honey and pollinate plants. It's a lot more than I do for the planet or humanity.

I don't have any painful spinal issues yet. I have had a pain in my left knee for a few months now. I have no clue why. I don't remember doing anything to it. I finally can get that checked this Friday. I also have type 2 diabetes for about a year now. Runs in both sides of my family.

My problems started when I lost the genetics dice roll. Snakes eyes with a fart noise it is. I have acquired a lot of my families health issues already and I'm only 31.

I don't think I will be able to race this weekend the 23rd. It's my Fiance's birthday. Very doubtful
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't plan around family plans I don't off. Unfortunately I don't plan postpone this Supercar series special event. I still need to time to finalize Rinsky's 2022 season. So I want to finish closs this series out before November. I'm currently busy October 30th. So If nobody shows this Saturday's. I will likely be forced into cancelling the race entirely.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't plan around family plans I don't off. Unfortunately I don't plan postpone this Supercar series special event. I still need to time to finalize Rinsky's 2022 season. So I want to finish closs this series out before November. I'm currently busy October 30th. So If nobody shows this Saturday's. I will likely be forced into cancelling the race entirely.
I ran a little of the up coming race and ended up busting out the crack rocks from the 80s that I've been saving😆 The crack wore off before the race was over🤣🤣🤣 This will be painfull. I couldn't go much past 15-20 laps before starting to doze off in the straights😒🙄😆 I dig the idea of let your skills win you a race but this track is really long for such a slow car. Should FastOne end up braking away from the pack 🙄😆OR we get stretched out too far, the race will be over for some unfortunately. Then your just running laps. Could break it up with a few stages... reverse grid starts for new stages etc🤔 That will give someone a challenge to get up front.

Jarkulary, I have about a dozen funny ass responses to your post, but unfortunately things have a way of getting misinterpreted and not seeing the funny part. The good news is she said say she was looking to have some fun. 🤔And you know what that means🤗🥸😆 Have fun Brother🍻

I did it... I got Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition. It has all the extra packs that have been put out. It makes my thought a reality; Gran Turismo is a Driving Simulator... Assetto is a racing Simulator. No BoP, learn to tune or you'll have a hard time getting out of novice. Graphics ect. are just as good as GTS. It's a different challenge than GTS.

I ran a little of the up coming race and ended up busting out the crack rocks from the 80s that I've been saving😆 The crack wore off before the race was over🤣🤣🤣 This will be painfull. I couldn't go much past 15-20 laps before starting to doze off in the straights😒🙄😆 I dig the idea of let your skills win you a race but this track is really long for such a slow car. Should FastOne end up braking away from the pack 🙄😆OR we get stretched out too far, the race will be over for some unfortunately. Then your just running laps. Could break it up with a few stages... reverse grid starts for new stages etc🤔 That will give someone a challenge to get up front.

Jarkulary, I have about a dozen funny ass responses to your post, but unfortunately things have a way of getting misinterpreted and not seeing the funny part. The good news is she said say she was looking to have some fun. 🤔And you know what that means🤗🥸😆 Have fun Brother🍻

I did it... I got Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition. It has all the extra packs that have been put out. It makes my thought a reality; Gran Turismo is a Driving Simulator... Assetto is a racing Simulator. No BoP, learn to tune or you'll have a hard time getting out of novice. Graphics ect. are just as good as GTS. It's a different challenge than GTS.
I have an unwritten rule that I will not make make changes to my races within a week to go. Unless for some emergency of course. Must people don't like to be surprised with last minute rule changes. In this case it's really too late. I will not be on my PS4 Friday. So I don't have time to test out and post any changes before Saturday. The tire wear and fuel consumption multipliers are set for a full length race.

Last edited:

It's easy to put a tire off of the edge of track in one of the chicane at Monza causing a spin, that will evaporate any kind of gap anyone has real quick.

I also don't think anyone needs to worry about me breaking free from the pack at Monza because the RSR has the lowest top speed of all GR3 cars I think, or at least I have not found a slower one yet.

It's easy to put a tire off of the edge of track in one of the chicane at Monza causing a spin, that will evaporate any kind of gap anyone has real quick.
I also don't think anyone needs to worry about me breaking free from the pack at Monza because the RSR has the lowest top speed of all GR3 cars I think, or at least I have not found a slower one yet.
Admittedly fully I think he means the K Car Special. Don't forget I invited people from this series too. I also invited son_love_u_moms since they were part of the Supercar series. In order to lengthen the field a bit. I don't think son_love_u_moms will come because of new FIA series. It's why they left in the first place.

As for Monza. I haven't done a lot of practice for it yet. I will admit I chose the McLaren F1 GTR for this race.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

In order to try to make this weekend's race as competitive as possible. Here's some helpful advice for car selection and slow car racing.

First off despite this race is open to all qualified K Cars in GTS. I have highly discouraged using the Daihatsu Copen. It's quite a bit off the pace of the Hondas. I did try to give the Copen a pit stop advantage. Since it has the best range of 3 cars. Both the Hondas are fast enough to make up an extra pit stop.

So realistically your choice are between the Honda Beat and the Honda S660. They are close enough in performance for the drivers skill and preference can make a difference.

The Honda Beat is the oldest of the available K Cars. It is also the lightest of the of the 3 cars. Handling wise the car is oversteer especially at high speeds. Do to the character of Honda's early VTEC engine. The is sluggish at low rpm but, acceleration increases at high rpm. The gear ratio of the 5 speed transmission is very narrow. The car redlines in a few places around this track. This car is the middle ground for fuel economy.

The Honda S660 is the newest of the available K Cars. It is tied for weight with the Copen. For handling is well planted at low speeds with a little bit of understeer at high speeds. It's the best accelerating at low rpm. The Beat is a little better at high rpm. Houses modern 6 speed transmission thought you won't see the 6th gear. Worst fuel economy of the 3 cars.

For those who are unfamiliar with this style of racing. Your primary goal is to your car's momentum up as much as possible. Use as much of the track as possible. Avoid unnecessary steering inputs as it will cost you speed. Minor mistakes are more costly because braking points fewer and farther apart. Your brakes are too strong for small speed reductions. Instead lift to reduce your speed if friction will not slow you enough to make the corner.

Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop is very fast for this cars. There is only 2 heavy braking zones on the 4 mile course. Your exit from the Container Station Loop is the most important on the track as easily flat out all the way to the hairpin. Turn 1 is a lift but, may become flat out on a light fuel load. The last turn is a heavier lift. I light may help stabilize the Beat. You may need to tap the brakes if you lift too late with the S660 or Copen. As they will understeer into the outside barrier. This the most likely turn to damage your car by yourself.

Welcome to world of slow car racing. Good luck see you Saturday.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

In order to try to make this weekend's race as competitive as possible. Here's some helpful advice for car selection and slow car racing.

First off despite this race is open to all qualified K Cars in GTS. I have highly discouraged using the Daihatsu Copen. It's quite a bit off the pace of the Hondas. I did try to give the Copen a pit stop advantage. Since it has the best range of 3 cars. Both the Hondas are fast enough to make up an extra pit stop.

So realistically your choice are between the Honda Beat and the Honda S660. They are close enough in performance for the drivers skill and preference can make a difference.

The Honda Beat is the oldest of the available K Cars. It is also the lightest of the of the 3 cars. Handling wise the car is oversteer especially at high speeds. Do to the character of Honda's early VTEC engine. The is sluggish at low rpm but, acceleration increases at high rpm. The gear ratio of the 5 speed transmission is very narrow. The car redlines in a few places around this track. This car is the middle ground for fuel economy.

The Honda S660 is the newest of the available K Cars. It is tied for weight with the Copen. For handling is well planted at low speeds with a little bit of understeer at high speeds. It's the best accelerating at low rpm. The Beat is a little better at high rpm. Houses modern 6 speed transmission thought you won't see the 6th gear. Worst fuel economy of the 3 cars.

For those who are unfamiliar with this style of racing. Your primary goal is to your car's momentum up as much as possible. Use as much of the track as possible. Avoid unnecessary steering inputs as it will cost you speed. Minor mistakes are more costly because braking points fewer and farther apart. Your brakes are too strong for small speed reductions. Instead lift to reduce your speed if friction will not slow you enough to make the corner.

Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop is very fast for this cars. There is only 2 heavy braking zones on the 4 mile course. Your exit from the Container Station Loop is the most important on the track as easily flat out all the way to the hairpin. Turn 1 is a lift but, may become flat out on a light fuel load. The last turn is also a lift.

Welcome to world of slow car racing. Good luck see you Saturday.
I pretty much try to drive all cars that way.

I pretty much try to drive all cars that way.
Actually add on little more to the end of the post for the last.

Maybe so these techniques are more critical with under powered vehicles. These cars can't recover from a mistakes quickly.

This is the last day of racing for my other forum. It will become on an archives are this race is completed. I will miss it but, I want to focus on giving Rinsky's Series the sent off season it deserves. I have already decided I will not restart the series on GT7. I feel it would be disrespectful to continue on using Rinsky's name on series he's no longer part of. Also as much as I love running the series. It's still not my own creation. I'm an outside the box person. I like put something different out there that nobody else would. And spec Gr.3 / Gr.4 series is far from an original idea.

Naw, I'm not worried about'ya getting away at Monza😉 it's in Tokyo. Anything could cause an unbalanced race😏 only because the cars are identical. Once a leader breaks away, it will be only by error we catch up. So don't blow that corner or we'll getcha🤣🤣 I understand changing the race last minute, but a surprise🥳 You get 10 minutes to tune your car before qualy, would be a welcome surprise, on this 1 event. Since this will be about 45 laps, adding something last minute about; if things get too stretched out... comp caution at ??? Lap 10🤔 15🤔 Something to bring the race back into balance🤓🤓 Not that I'm suggesting this today. But IMO, these would be welcomed changes versus adding laps/changing Fuel/tire etc. Anyone want at a Sushi bar before the race🤔🤗😆

Naw, I'm not worried about'ya getting away at Monza😉 it's in Tokyo. Anything could cause an unbalanced race😏 only because the cars are identical. Once a leader breaks away, it will be only by error we catch up. So don't blow that corner or we'll getcha🤣🤣 I understand changing the race last minute, but a surprise🥳 You get 10 minutes to tune your car before qualy, would be a welcome surprise, on this 1 event. Since this will be about 45 laps, adding something last minute about; if things get too stretched out... comp caution at ??? Lap 10🤔 15🤔 Something to bring the race back into balance🤓🤓 Not that I'm suggesting this today. But IMO, these would be welcomed changes versus adding laps/changing Fuel/tire etc. Anyone want at a Sushi bar before the race🤔🤗😆
Sorry guys, it looks like we are all here posting🤓☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼
Unbalanced was the Supercar series way. Not everything in this world is fair. Formula 1 exists from unfairness.

Not everyone is great with surprises. Admittedly I'm not best spirited person when it comes to surprises.

Anyways this race is estimated to finish around 40 laps in 2 hours. Honestly pretty good pace for this cars.

Fuel range is 10 to 14 laps depending on the car. These lightweight car's will increase in pace as fuel burn off. So running a full stint is recommended. It will very hard to save fuel since there's a lot of full throttle time. So I don't see much creatively for the fuel games.

The tire wars may allow for some more creativity. Tire wear is fairly low. I believe you will only need to take tires once during lthe race. However grip levels may get interesting during the 2nd stint on tires. I admittedly tested tires for only one stint as I wanted to keep myself in the dark as well.

Oh, It would be far more of a concern if people weren't posting here.

Unbalanced was the Supercar series way. Not everything in this world is fair. Formula 1 exists from unfairness.

Not everyone is great with surprises. Admittedly I'm not best spirited person when it comes to surprises.

Anyways this race is estimated to finish around 40 laps in 2 hours. Honestly pretty good pace for this cars.

Fuel range is 10 to 14 laps depending on the car. These lightweight car's will increase in pace as fuel burn off. So running a full stint is recommended. It will very hard to save fuel since there's a lot of full throttle time. So I don't see much creatively for the fuel games.

The tire wars may allow for some more creativity. Tire wear is fairly low. I believe you will only need to take tires once during lthe race. However grip levels may get interesting during the 2nd stint on tires. I admittedly tested tires for only one stint as I wanted to keep myself in the dark as well.

Oh, It would be far more of a concern if people weren't posting here.
As it turns out fuel saving could be pretty big, I think I was going 12 laps on fuel after the first stop in which I stopped a lap early by mistake. I was maintaining my gap to 3rd and 4th while saving fuel but still losing time to Cold, which I don't understand how he was getting such quick lap times. I watched a few laps of replay and we were pretty much driving the same lines except the first left hand turn where I was off the gas just a tick longer than him, I couldn't keep it off the curb if I just blipped the throttle like him. As far as sliding apparently it doesn't matter as much as anyone thought, from the little replay I watched Cold was able to slide the car and still pull away from me even though I kept a higher apex speed, maybe it's due to the help DS4's get compared to wheel users?? Some deny that the DS4 gets driving help but there is almost no way that anyone would be able to drive without that help. There may be some giving to wheel users too but it would be less, I know in GR3 and GR4 I get much less tire wear than most DS4 users by using a wheel.

@Jarkulary
@fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

17cb08530f132-5480FD005923751F4DC.3C939E816FDAA51D_message_418570349635408_1635040428263.jpg
K Car Special Results

Pole Award: Cold Warrior
Race Winner: Cold Warrior
Fastest Lap: Cold Warrior

Thank you for attending this race. The Supercar World Speed Contest Series forum is now officially closed for race activities.

Last edited:
As it turns out fuel saving could be pretty big, I think I was going 12 laps on fuel after the first stop in which I stopped a lap early by mistake. I was maintaining my gap to 3rd and 4th while saving fuel but still losing time to Cold, which I don't understand how he was getting such quick lap times. I watched a few laps of replay and we were pretty much driving the same lines except the first left hand turn where I was off the gas just a tick longer than him, I couldn't keep it off the curb if I just blipped the throttle like him. As far as sliding apparently it doesn't matter as much as anyone thought, from the little replay I watched Cold was able to slide the car and still pull away from me even though I kept a higher apex speed, maybe it's due to the help DS4's get compared to wheel users?? Some deny that the DS4 gets driving help but there is almost no way that anyone would be able to drive without that help. There may be some giving to wheel users too but it would be less, I know in GR3 and GR4 I get much less tire wear than most DS4 users by using a wheel.
I honestly thought fuel mapping would kill the cars pace too much. I have a lot of experience with racing under powered cars. My love for this kind racing started with Gran Turismo 2. Racing the Daihatsu Midget II against either my Dad or my brother. So I have learned a lot tricks. And yet I still can't get close S / +A driver's times.

As for this itself. I honestly wasn't trying to slide the car. It does cost you speed. I just know how minimize this mistake. You were likely focusing on apex speed too much. That sounds weird doesn't. You need to focus more on exit speed. And you want leave the corners with as widest and straightest of an exit as possible. Turning hinders your acceleration. And the more your turning the worst the effect.

I honestly should have changed to Beat the before we started. Like I was thinking about doing. I would been more likely mistakes with the car's oversteer. And give you all better chance.

I still think wheels are better than a standard game controllers. I imagine you would have better smoother steering response. There's a reason real cars have steering wheel.

I honestly thought fuel mapping would kill the cars pace too much. I have a lot of experience with racing under powered cars. My love for this kind racing started with Gran Turismo 2. Racing the Daihatsu Midget II against either my Dad or my brother. So I have learned a lot tricks. And yet I still can't get close S / +A driver's times.

As for this itself. I honestly wasn't trying to slide the car. It does cost you speed. I just know how minimize this mistake. You were likely focusing on apex speed too much. That sounds weird doesn't. You need to focus more on exit speed. And you want leave the corners with as widest and straightest of an exit as possible. Turning hinders your acceleration. And the more your turning the worst the effect.

I honestly should have changed to Beat the before we started. Like I was thinking about doing. I would been more likely mistakes with the car's oversteer. And give you all better chance.

I still think wheels are better than a standard game controllers. I imagine you would have better smoother steering response. There's a reason real cars have steering wheel.
I only watched 1 lap when we were side by side going around the hairpin but I carried at least 4mph more thru the apex and I typically run the car right up to the wall on exit (minus 1 car width when you were there obviously) but you can only get on the throttle so early without the cat spinning the inside tire, inside tire spin even happens around the 3 apex loop. I was being very careful with all of my inputs because any sliding just kills speed, if you watch some of the replay in all the corners I'm against the curb on outside at entry, against curb at inside at apex and back against outside curb at exit. I was straightening out corners as much as humanly possible and as smooth as possible yet I was never able to gain time anywhere. I can only guess thats its the difference in input tools (DS4 vs wheels)
As far as fuel mileage I saved fuel mainly by short shifting, not by fuel map. You can save as much fuel short shifting as you can with fuel mapping but in higher HP cars it really doesn't cost any lap time. I never ran the Hyuara up to redline, I would typically shift that car when the rev meter was at the bottom of the graph.

I think the Beat is the fastest car but you have to drive thru that terrible lift off oversteer it has. 2 hours is a long time to drive remembering to get back on the throttle before turning the steering wheel.

Back