Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Too bad I lost power Saturday. I don't think I was going to catch @Cold Warrior, but I was keeping the gap under 10 seconds so it could have at least been interesting. Fun race up to that point. @ThisGuyHere it is good to have you with us!

Unfortunately, I will have to miss the September 4th race. I will be out of town for the 3-day weekend.
I'm not 100% sure how things would have turned out but, you kept me honest until your car failed.

I can't move the September 4th race. Sorry I'm not free the 11th or 18th. And the 25th is a Supercar WSC series race. By the way don't forget about this Saturdays Supercar race.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Here is the next race details again for next Saturday. For those of you who also race in the Supercar WSC Series. I hope you enjoyed your extended visit to the island of Sardegna. It's time to go back work driving in circles.

Next Race

Regular Season

235 k of Sardegna B
September 4th
Sardegna - Road Track B
235 km, 61 Laps
Gr.4
Afternoon 13:10 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x4
Grid Start
10 Minutes Qualifying
Corner Penalties Strong

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Here is the next race details again for next Saturday. For those of you who also race in the Supercar WSC Series. I hope you enjoyed your extended visit to the island of Sardegna. It's time to go back work driving in circles.

Next Race

Regular Season

235 k of Sardegna B
September 4th
Sardegna - Road Track B
235 km, 61 Laps
Gr.4
Afternoon 13:10 Clear
Fuel x3
Tires x4
Grid Start
10 Minutes Qualifying
Corner Penalties Strong
For some reason I didn't think that race was next week already. It must be because if the mid month Sarthe mixed class race.

Last edited:
For some I didn't think that race was next week already. It must be because if the mid month Sarthe mixed class race.
The Sarthe mixed class race was special exhibition race. I only offered a small batch of points as motivation to participate in the race. Since I can't offer some big $ credits $ payout.

This is a regular season race for the month of September. With regular season scoring.

I'm not sure I'm very thrilled for this race though. The Gr.4 Viper's default gearing is setup very poorly for the track. The B layout is already my worst for the Sardegna road configurations.

I would call Sardegna dirt track my worst of the dirt tracks too. I somehow lose a lot time through the carousel.

The Sarthe mixed class race was special exhibition race. I only offered a small batch of points as motivation to participate in the race. Since I can't offer some big $ credits $ payout.

This is a regular season race for the month of September. With regular season scoring.

I'm not sure I'm very thrilled for this race though. The Gr.4 Viper's default gearing is setup very poorly for the track. The B layout is already my worst for the Sardegna road configurations.

I would call Sardegna dirt track my worst of the dirt tracks too. I somehow lose a lot time through the carousel.
Yeah but with BOP on all of the cars are pretty close. I am guessing they intentionally set the gears up that way just to help keep it even in BOP. I realize there are META cars but if you spend some time with cars that are not the META car you will most likely find yourself within a couple tenths of other cars.

Yeah but with BOP on all of the cars are pretty close. I am guessing they intentionally set the gears up that way just to help keep it even in BOP. I realize there are META cars but if you spend some time with cars that are not the META car you will most likely find yourself within a couple tenths of other cars.
You mean how to the Gr.4 Porsche is geared really wide to ruin it's drive off. Because otherwise it would probably be the best all around car in the class. The Porsche one of the cars I tested for this season. Didn't need to get out of 3rd at the Streets Of Willow Springs.

You mean how to the Gr.4 Porsche is geared really wide to ruin it's drive off. Because otherwise it would probably be the best all around car in the class. The Porsche one of the cars I tested for this season. Didn't need to get out of 3rd at the Streets Of Willow Springs.
Exactly!! Kind of like how they killed the top speed of the GR3 Porsche RSR or gave the BMW/McLaren F1 so much top speed, I'm assuming they did that to make up for its lack of braking/cornering.

Exactly!! Kind of like how they killed the top speed of the GR3 Porsche RSR or gave the BMW/McLaren F1 so much top speed, I'm assuming they did that to make up for its lack of braking/cornering.
The Gr.3 Porsche is one of least powerful cars in the Gr.3 class it's default performance. The car actually gets a power boost but, they weight it down to reduce it's cornering and braking.

The McLaren F1 GTR was built for the GT1 class in the mid to late 90s. Not the modern GT3 class. Even in it's time was known for it's straightaway performance. It was also noted to great in the wet and good handling for it's time. Since the car is 20 years older than the bulk of the Gr.3 class. Gran Turismo let it keep straightaway performance to make up it's outdated suspension.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

17bb3f72796-5480FD005923751F4DC.3C939E816FDAA51D_message_417486170505941_1630805353538.jpg

September Race Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Race Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Race Incident Reports:

ThisGuyHere, DNF, transmission failure do to a broken flywheel.

Standings
9 of 12 Regular Season Races
1 of 3 Exhibition Races

1. Fastone371 145 pts, 9 of 10 Races
2. Jarkulary 101 pts, 9 of 10 Races
3. Cold Warrior 94 pts, 9 of 10 Races
4. rhcpeppers 56 pts, 6 of 10 Races
5. John_YDG 42 pts, 4 of 10 Races
6. Toshost 29 pts, 2 of 10 Races
7. Racer283 22 pts, 3 of 10 Races
8. Bruins4Life 20 pts, 2 of 10 Races
9. RACERCAR 11 pts, 1 of 10 Races
10. Norris Radd 9 pts, 2 of 10 Races
11. ThisGuyHere 9 pts, 1 of 10 Races
12. Kenjioshiro 8 pts, 1 of 10 Races
13. Pixteca 6 pts, 2 of 10 Races
14. Toxic Bacon 4 pts, 4 of 10 Races

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

View attachment 1078300
September Race Results

Pole Award: fastone371
Race Winner: fastone371
Fastest Lap: fastone371

Race Incident Reports:

ThisGuyHere DNF do to an engine failure.

Standings
9 of 12 Regular Season Races
1 of 3 Exhibition Races

1. Fastone371 145 pts, 9 of 10 Races
2. Jarkulary 101 pts, 9 of 10 Races
3. Cold Warrior 94 pts, 9 of 10 Races
4. rhcpeppers 56 pts, 6 of 10 Races
5. John_YDG 42 pts, 4 of 10 Races
6. Toshost 29 pts, 2 of 10 Races
7. Racer283 22 pts, 3 of 10 Races
8. Bruins4Life 20 pts, 2 of 10 Races
9. RACERCAR 11 pts, 1 of 10 Races
10. Norris Radd 9 pts, 2 of 10 Races
11. ThisGuyHere 9 pts, 1 of 10 Races
12. Kenjioshiro 8 pts, 1 of 10 Races
13. Pixteca 6 pts, 2 of 10 Races
14. Toxic Bacon 4 pts, 4 of 10 Races
I thought @ThisGuyHere had a fly-wheel failure. :D:D

Hey guys, sorry I bailed last night. I had a couple flies that would 't leave my left ankle alone🤬🤬🤬 I ended up losing it into the wall the last turn only few laps in. My first pit stop, I accidently hit No tires🙄😡 so I had to go around again. I was thinking I could pit my way back into the game, but No Tires gave me No Chance🤣 The flies ultimately won my race and they didn't even give me a consolation BEER🤣 In the fall, here in Southern Oregon, the flies migrate indoors...🤨 I wish the cats would get with the program🤣🤣

All that aside, I was thinking I might be really competitive with my 1:26:... in practice, but you guys were on it👍🏻 I'm super bum'd I had to bail😒, even last place is fun for me. It's that saying;"a ****** day fishing, is better than a good day at work"🤣 I'm looking forward to the next race👍🏻🍻

Anyone else using the G29 wheel set up? I ordered a set up to hang my peddles👍🏻 It should give me a better feel. The G29 brake has NO resistance. You have to be mindfull braking or your @$$ will come around you into the corner. And I don't look good with my @$$ in the front🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry I didn't read above first. Can you get a transmission failure or blow an engine in a race? Or just basic body and wheel damage?
I like to announce life DNFs as mechanical failures since we can't have real mechanical failure. I decided on a transmission failure do to a broken FLY wheel.

Hey guys, sorry I bailed last night. I had a couple flies that would 't leave my left ankle alone🤬🤬🤬 I ended up losing it into the wall the last turn only few laps in. My first pit stop, I accidently hit No tires🙄😡 so I had to go around again. I was thinking I could pit my way back into the game, but No Tires gave me No Chance🤣 The flies ultimately won my race and they didn't even give me a consolation BEER🤣 In the fall, here in Southern Oregon, the flies migrate indoors...🤨 I wish the cats would get with the program🤣🤣

All that aside, I was thinking I might be really competitive with my 1:26:... in practice, but you guys were on it👍🏻 I'm super bum'd I had to bail😒, even last place is fun for me. It's that saying;"a ****** day fishing, is better than a good day at work"🤣 I'm looking forward to the next race👍🏻🍻

Anyone else using the G29 wheel set up? I ordered a set up to hang my peddles👍🏻 It should give me a better feel. The G29 brake has NO resistance. You have to be mindfull braking or your @$$ will come around you into the corner. And I don't look good with my @$$ in the front🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not a smart idea to forcefully invite yourself into someone's home and then annoy them. Go get those flies man.

So your a cat person. Interesting we have a furball around here too named Garcye. Changing the I to a Y was not my idea. She's not much of a hunter of bugs either. She's very lazy and has no attention span. The laziest cat we have had so far. The Male cat we had that died a few years ago. Even we he was old and suffered from a thyroid problem. Was still more active at the end of his life than Garcye is now.

I'm a controller driver. I can't help you with wheel problem.

Not a smart idea to forcefully invite yourself into someone's home and then annoy them. Go get those flies man.

So your a cat person. Interesting we have a furball around here too named Garcye. Changing the I to a Y was not my idea. She's not much of a hunter of bugs either. She's very lazy and has no attention span. The laziest cat we have had so far. The Male cat we had that died a few years ago. Even we he was old and suffered from a thyroid problem. Was still more active at the end of his life than Garcye is now.

I'm a controller driver. I can't help you with wheel problem.
We are pet people. We had 3 cats that all died at 18, a year a part almost to the day. We got 2 more. We also have a Bull Mastiff/German Shepard @ 135lb and a Great Dane coming in at a trim 165lbs🤣🤣🤣 We feed them special food to change their cow patties into a normal dog poop🤣🤣

Back to my leaving the race; I was really chapped ass about it, my Wife came home a little while ago with these.🤣🤣🤣 I have an awesome wife. You know you have a keeper when she gets you BEER while you race(play video games🤣). You know it's time to marry her when she puts you in a higher tax bracket🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• ECE59996-DE9C-4F7A-9DCF-0313AD111F47.jpeg
    ECE59996-DE9C-4F7A-9DCF-0313AD111F47.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 13
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Next Race

October 2nd
90 Minutes of Tokyo East
Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop
90 Minutes
Gr.3
Dawn 6:50 Light Rain
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 11 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong

Special Regulations
Intermediate and Wet Racing Tires Only

Our next for this series will be intermediate wet race. General meaning it's to wet for dry tires but, too dry full wet tires. Full wets will also be available for this race but, I don't see them being needed.

From recent experience of this place in the wet. The big challenges will braking into the turn 1, braking into turn 12 (the hairpin), and exiting turn 12. Reminder that TCS is allowed for Gr.3 class races.

This only the 2nd wet race in the history of this series. The 1st race being a full wet Gr.4 race at Red Bull Ring. I do now intend in future to have at least one wet event a year. Even if not a regular season race. Not every race in real life is sunny and dry. So why should ours be.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@Toshost
@RACECAR
@ThisGuyHere

Next Race

October 2nd
90 Minutes of Tokyo East
Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop
90 Minutes
Gr.3
Dawn 6:50 Light Rain
Fuel x3
Tires x5
Grid Start
Qualifying 11 Minutes
Corner Penalties Strong

Special Regulations
Intermediate and Wet Racing Tires Only

Our next for this series will be intermediate wet race. General meaning it's to wet for dry tires but, too dry full wet tires. Full wets will also be available for this race but, I don't see them being needed.

From recent experience of this place in the wet. The big challenges will braking into the turn 1, braking into turn 12 (the hairpin), and exiting turn 12. Reminder that TCS is allowed for Gr.3 class races.

This only the 2nd wet race in the history of this series. The 1st race being a full wet Gr.4 race at Red Bull Ring. I do now intend in future to have at least one wet event a year. Even if not a regular season race. Not every race in real life is sunny and dry. So why should ours be.
There are no issues in the wet in this race, surprisingly quick lap times for a wet race. Tire wear seems a little low.

Hey Mr. Coldwarrior, I think I found a problem with your GR4 Viper, that car pushes like a quad axle Mack dump truck. :D

There are no issues in the wet in this race, surprisingly quick lap times for a wet race. Tire wear seems a little low.
It is only intermediate wet. This track already has pretty low tire wear. Then add the cooler track temperatures because of the rain.

Hey Mr. Coldwarrior, I think I found a problem with your GR4 Viper, that car pushes like a quad axle Mack dump truck. :D
So does the Gr.3 Viper but, not as severely. What do you expect from an engine with a car attached to it. I can deal with the understeer by adding some rear brake.

The default gearing my biggest problem the Gr.4 Viper. The setup is too narrow in general. Which is good for drive off but, problematic for tracks with long straights. The setup is also a bit strange. The first 5 gears are extremely narrow with a long 6th gear. The car red lines at 150 mph despite being set 165 mph I think.

I have been signing with Dodge for the FIA Manufacturers Series because I really like the Gr.3 Viper. Enough to deal with the Gr.4 Viper's transmission. I'm use to how they drive and perform from using them in the FIA Manufacturers series. So they are usually a top car choice even when I don't have to use them.

So does the Gr.3 Viper but, not as severely. What do you expect from an engine with a car attached to it. I can deal with the understeer by adding some rear brake.

The default gearing my biggest problem the Gr.4 Viper. The setup is too narrow in general. Which is good for drive off but, problematic for tracks with long straights. The setup is also a bit strange. The first 5 gears are extremely narrow with a long 6th gear. The car red lines at 150 mph despite being set 165 mph I think.

I have been signing with Dodge for the FIA Manufacturers Series because I really like the Gr.3 Viper. Enough to deal with the Gr.4 Viper's transmission. I'm use to how they drive and perform from using them in the FIA Manufacturers series. So they are usually a top car choice even when I don't have to use them.
It's a car I never use because I hated it the first time I drove it, same with the Mustang. It seems I can learn to like any non front wheel drive cars except those 2 for some reason.

It's a car I never use because I hated it the first time I drove it, same with the Mustang. It seems I can learn to like any non front wheel drive cars except those 2 for some reason.
Do you mean the Gr.3 or Gr.4 Viper you don't like? Because the Gr.3 Viper is a great car once you get the brakes where you like it. You also want to drive it to take advantage of it's wonderful corner drive off. It's really really good at launching out of slow and mid speed corners. The Gr.4 Viper is also good at corner exit but, not at to the same extent and the there other Gr.4 cars that are better in that area. Both cars understeer but, fairly predictable handling wise.

Both Vipers are terrible on cold tires you need a few laps on their tires to get the most of them. Strangely though they are both good on worn tires and don't develop major handling Issues over a course of a stint. Tire wear is fairly even on the Gr.3 car. The fronts of Gr.4 car do where faster. Exaggerated if the track has a lot of long duration corners.

As for fuel economy. The worst thing about the Gr.3 Viper is probably it's fuel efficiency. It's not the worst in class but, far from the best. As for Gr.4 Viper. It is surprisingly good for fuel economy. The fuel will often out last it's tires. Believe it or not I could have ran Sardegna as a 2 stop without touching fuel mapping. It's my tires why I chose a 3 stop strategy every 15 laps with me pushing an extra lap if I didn't get lapped on my last stint.

I'm not usually a fan of Fords race package in general. There V8s are lazy off corner and there brakes are usually a way bother. Notice their cars don't usually preform too well at short tracks and road courses in Nascar.

As for the Mustangs in GTS I'm not a big fan of either of them. The Gr.3 Mustang is great in a straight line until it becomes a brick. And it steers like a boat and it's braking could be better. The Gr.4 Mustangs handling better but, it's a brick and between itself and the Jaguar for worst brakes in class.

As for the Gr.3 Ford GT it's braking ability is a little better than the Mustang, and it has higher top speed. In exchange it's somehow worse off corners and is kind of unstable. With exception of it's top speed. I was never impressed the 2000s Ford GT. I do really like new Ford GT though.

Last edited:
Back