Gran Dorifto 2 [video], now online!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by CudaMan, Jun 8, 2002.

1. CudaMan

CudaMan Premium

Some of you may be familiar with Gran Dorifto, my second video glorifying exhibition drifting in GT3. Well now, after six months, I'm very happy to bring you... a sequel! :D Gran Dorifto 2 is now available in the GT3 Videos section right here at GTPlanet.

It features a much wider variety of machines than the original, and in various stages of tune. Included are FR (of course), FF, MR, and RR drift machines. No 4WD, as I've never been very fond of it.

It's 24 MB [zipped] and you'll need DIVX5 to play it. Don't have DIVX? Get it here: www.divx.com . It's free, it's good.

Gran Dorifto 2 began mostly as an experiment session with some new video editing software. After a couple days I was having such a good time I just decided "heck with it, I might as well go all the way with this." ;) I do apologize for the quality of the video, though. I don't have a capture card on my computer so I had to resort to, umm, unique methods to get footage on my PC. ;) [It involves pointing a digital camera in QuickTime 15fps movie mode at the screen...]. Anyway, it gets the job done at least.

Hope you enjoy it!

2. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

3. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

excellent stuff, as usual. pretty impressive, at some point the image makes it look real!

4. troy

troy (Banned)

d/ling it right now, traveling at 250kbs :eek: (extremly good for me) so i'll be watching it soon.

5. troy

troy (Banned)

:eek: the sliver nsx is crazy, and the older rx-7 on the complex course :eek: very nice :thumbsup:

6. ic3^2_b4bi

ic3^2_b4bi

i just see black, and hear music, i see nothing!

7. Then you need to download DivX.

Man, this video is sweet:drool:

8. ic3^2_b4bi

ic3^2_b4bi

ive had divx forever... i even used the divx playa!

9. Do you have the latest version?

10. troy

troy (Banned)

same thing wit me, i d/l'ed the new divx and it was :druel:

11. ic3^2_b4bi

ic3^2_b4bi

just d.l. to make sure... it works now... damn divx for updating itself without my consent! amazing what a little .0.2 does! i already had 5.0...

12. DeliveratorTitan

DeliveratorTitan (Banned)

Gran Dorifto?? What the hell is that?? :thatsodd: :thatsodd:

13. troy

troy (Banned)

a video of cars drifting :eek: very fun to watch and do

14. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

I guess this is good news about my server. :)

15. CudaMan

CudaMan Premium

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned you need the very latest DIVX codec (5.0.2 right now) to play it. Jordan, maybe you want to put a little note about that in the file info field. :)

16. ic3^2_b4bi

ic3^2_b4bi

damn cudaman (hey a rhyme) you rock! what kind of setups do you use? i have a few decent ones myself...
    email me @ IMCL@otakumail.com sometime, lets talk about this stuff!

17. troy

troy (Banned)

i want some good drift set-ups to but no one at all has ever posted them here, but nermurous ppl have ask for them.

18. mr_pushrod

mr_pushrod

So are you going to upload Gran Dorifto 1 as well?

19. mr_pushrod

mr_pushrod

Just finished dowloading, thats some sweet drifting! Most impressive for me was the Integra, you'd been talking about FF drifting on the Granturismo.com forum but I didn't realise it would be that good done right. You said there was a lack of decent setups in my thread in the settings forum, any chance of posting a few of your setups in there?:D

20. CudaMan

CudaMan Premium

21. Just saw GranDorifto part1. Just as sweet, man!

22. troy

troy (Banned)

i have them both also...i actually like the 1st one better

23. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

when are you coming up with Gran Dorifto 3?

maybe a smaller Gran Dorifto 3 A-Spec? ;)

24. Racer001

Racer001

Nice vids man. :)

25. Josh

Josh Staff Emeritus

Oh my God!:eek:

That was the baddest drifting movie I've ever seen.:drool: Much better drifting that my WRC videos, or videos of people in Japan drifting...:eek: That has got to be the most impressive drifting in GT3(or anywhere) that I've ever seen.:) That song in GranDorifto2 just adds to the coolness.:D

Thanks a lot for uploading these videos for all of us to see, Bryan! Awesome.;)

26. ic3^2_b4bi

ic3^2_b4bi

just finished watching GD 1, dude, how long have you been doing this for? holy crap! what song is that in GD 1 anyways? :)

27. troy

troy (Banned)

I have some nice drifts..only like 3 but i wish i could show em to u guys.

I did some mad drifts in A Calsonic Nismo with the stage 3, not 4, turbo

28. MaximumPonies

MaximumPonies

Freakin sweet production man. What did you use to edit all the clips together and effects and stuff. Premiere? D/L GD1 right now, can't wait to see it.

29. CudaMan

CudaMan Premium

For GD1 I did use Adobe Premiere. But I switched to Vegas Video for GD2, which I like a lot better. It's much easier to use than Premiere, and more powerful too. It's got a few little issues of its own, but it's more stable than Premiere overall so I'm sticking with it. I've uninstalled Premiere now.

ic3^2_b4bi [what a name! ;)] - I've been drifting in GT3 since... hmmm... late July of last year. So, not long after GT3 was available in the US. :) Gosh, I didn't realize I've been doing it this long...

The music in GD1 is "Bombshell" by Powerman5000. Right about the time I was thinking about putting together a drift video I heard that song on the radio and thought, this would make some good drift music. ;)

PunkRock - GD3 is still in the planning stages... I don't know when I'll start it. It'll probably be a while though, because it's going to be longer I think. But it will come. :)

30. MaximumPonies

MaximumPonies

That's by SonicFoundry, right?