Gran Dorifto 2 [video], now online!

• Thread starter CudaMan
  • 58 comments

CudaMan

Premium
United States
California
Some of you may be familiar with Gran Dorifto, my second video glorifying exhibition drifting in GT3. Well now, after six months, I'm very happy to bring you... a sequel! :D Gran Dorifto 2 is now available in the GT3 Videos section right here at GTPlanet.

It features a much wider variety of machines than the original, and in various stages of tune. Included are FR (of course), FF, MR, and RR drift machines. No 4WD, as I've never been very fond of it.

It's 24 MB [zipped] and you'll need DIVX5 to play it. Don't have DIVX? Get it here: www.divx.com . It's free, it's good.

Gran Dorifto 2 began mostly as an experiment session with some new video editing software. After a couple days I was having such a good time I just decided "heck with it, I might as well go all the way with this." ;) I do apologize for the quality of the video, though. I don't have a capture card on my computer so I had to resort to, umm, unique methods to get footage on my PC. ;) [It involves pointing a digital camera in QuickTime 15fps movie mode at the screen...]. Anyway, it gets the job done at least.

Hope you enjoy it!

excellent stuff, as usual. pretty impressive, at some point the image makes it look real!

just d.l. to make sure... it works now... damn divx for updating itself without my consent! amazing what a little .0.2 does! i already had 5.0...

Originally posted by troy
d/ling it right now, traveling at 250kbs :eek: (extremly good for me) so i'll be watching it soon.
I guess this is good news about my server. :)

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned you need the very latest DIVX codec (5.0.2 right now) to play it. Jordan, maybe you want to put a little note about that in the file info field. :)

i want some good drift set-ups to but no one at all has ever posted them here, but nermurous ppl have ask for them.

Just finished dowloading, thats some sweet drifting! Most impressive for me was the Integra, you'd been talking about FF drifting on the Granturismo.com forum but I didn't realise it would be that good done right. You said there was a lack of decent setups in my thread in the settings forum, any chance of posting a few of your setups in there?:D

when are you coming up with Gran Dorifto 3?

maybe a smaller Gran Dorifto 3 A-Spec? ;)

Oh my God!:eek:

That was the baddest drifting movie I've ever seen.:drool: Much better drifting that my WRC videos, or videos of people in Japan drifting...:eek: That has got to be the most impressive drifting in GT3(or anywhere) that I've ever seen.:) That song in GranDorifto2 just adds to the coolness.:D

Thanks a lot for uploading these videos for all of us to see, Bryan! Awesome.;)

I have some nice drifts..only like 3 but i wish i could show em to u guys.

I did some mad drifts in A Calsonic Nismo with the stage 3, not 4, turbo

For GD1 I did use Adobe Premiere. But I switched to Vegas Video for GD2, which I like a lot better. It's much easier to use than Premiere, and more powerful too. It's got a few little issues of its own, but it's more stable than Premiere overall so I'm sticking with it. I've uninstalled Premiere now.

ic3^2_b4bi [what a name! ;)] - I've been drifting in GT3 since... hmmm... late July of last year. So, not long after GT3 was available in the US. :) Gosh, I didn't realize I've been doing it this long...

The music in GD1 is "Bombshell" by Powerman5000. Right about the time I was thinking about putting together a drift video I heard that song on the radio and thought, this would make some good drift music. ;)

PunkRock - GD3 is still in the planning stages... I don't know when I'll start it. It'll probably be a while though, because it's going to be longer I think. But it will come. :)

Originally posted by CudaMan
For GD1 I did use Adobe Premiere. But I switched to Vegas Video for GD2, which I like a lot better. It's much easier to use than Premiere, and more powerful too. It's got a few little issues of its own, but it's more stable than Premiere overall so I'm sticking with it. I've uninstalled Premiere now.

ic3^2_b4bi [what a name! ;)] - I've been drifting in GT3 since... hmmm... late July of last year. So, not long after GT3 was available in the US. :) Gosh, I didn't realize I've been doing it this long...

The music in GD1 is "Bombshell" by Powerman5000. Right about the time I was thinking about putting together a drift video I heard that song on the radio and thought, this would make some good drift music. ;)

PunkRock - GD3 is still in the planning stages... I don't know when I'll start it. It'll probably be a while though, because it's going to be longer I think. But it will come. :)

That's by SonicFoundry, right?

Latest Posts

Back