Gran Turismo 2 - Ferrari mod

• Thread starter wareagle1
  • 57 comments
Hi everybody, this video shows an update to the mod that me and うどん01 have created. This update contains the F300 Ferrari F1 car from 1998, designed by Rory Byrne, driven by Michael Schumacher and Eddie Irvine pushing it to the 2nd position in the Constructors Championship. The skin in game is for the car number 3 driven by Michael Schumacher. The car has massive amount of grip and downforce but it doesn't like at all bumps. For sure a more skilled player than me would be able to extrect some crazy lap time from this car.

I'm going to be truthful, as much as I think what you're doing is fantastic, that F1 car looks abysmal.

I'm 100% sure i couldn't do better, but perhaps it's not the best thing to put in the game. Your F355 models fit perfectly well so maybe just stick to road and GT cars? Not sure PS1 graphics really allow for a realistic representation of an F1 car alongside what are actually fairly decent standard car models.

I think a good F1 is doable, but the modeler, うどん01, is still relatively new in 3D modeling. It's rough, but he's been improving steadily. The mod is just an update away from having great models and textures anyways, so long as the base content works as intended.

On a personal note, i'm happy that someone's doing GT2 modding apart from pez2k and I hah
The more the merrier ^^

Hi everybody, this video shows an update to the mod that me and うどん01 have created. This update contains the Ferrari 288 GTO, one of my favorite car from Ferrari, this car will be in the "New Cars" lot and can be fully modified, it is actually a very good race car and I find that it has very good drivability. The racing modification is the GTO Evoluzione, a modified version of the 288 GTO created to race in Rally Group B races, unfortunately the Group B got closed before it could take part into it.

It's a very good mod so far, my only gripe is the textures of the cars stand out as different to the rest of the cars in the game. It's pretty noticeable in the cam during a race. I'm sure the modders have said they are going to be working on that though.

It's a very good mod so far, my only gripe is the textures of the cars stand out as different to the rest of the cars in the game. It's pretty noticeable in the cam during a race. I'm sure the modders have said they are going to be working on that though.
Unfortunately “Rosso Ferrari” is a very different color and no other cars use it, and in game it pops out a lot compared to other colors unfortunately

Unfortunately “Rosso Ferrari” is a very different color and no other cars use it, and in game it pops out a lot compared to other colors unfortunately
That's fair enough, I don't want to sound too picky as this is an amazing mod regardless. I'm just curious if there's anything that could make it pop out less, more pronounced reflection mapping for maybe.

More contrast between the dark and light areas, less bright baseline for the color (most whites in the game have a baseline under 200,200,200 and only the brightest shades of the highights going in the 220s and 230s. It's pretty rare that any color will go to 248 (the max value of a 4-bit image).
One color i did for the 306 mod i made some years ago is a bright red as well, and it really stands out despit not being a 255 color.
The main color on the hood is 184,16,16

The ps1 also ends to make bright colors extremely bright, and dark colors very dark, high contrast/saturation ranges. It's kinda tough to find the middle grounds to look just right

Said color in the spoiler

Last edited:
Hi everybody, this video shows an update to the mod that me and うどん01 have created. This update contains the Ferrari 288 GTO, one of my favorite car from Ferrari, this car will be in the "New Cars" lot and can be fully modified, it is actually a very good race car and I find that it has very good drivability. The racing modification is the GTO Evoluzione, a modified version of the 288 GTO created to race in Rally Group B races, unfortunately the Group B got closed before it could take part into it.

This so good!!

Honestly kudos to you and all modders who are keeping GT2 alive and making it even better.

I honestly believe modders should get paid for this they put time into this.

Is there an estimated date for release for PAL and NTSC-U?
Edit: what are you working currently in?
And if you want, i recommend those:
Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari F50 '97
Ferrari 250 GTO (why not an historic one)

Last edited:
Is there an estimated date for release for PAL and NTSC-U?
Edit: what are you working currently in?
And if you want, i recommend those:
Ferrari F40 '92
Ferrari F50 '97
Ferrari 250 GTO (why not an historic one)
At this moment we took a little pause from the whole mod making.
Plans are to add at least 3 more cars, one of which is in your list, while one would very probably be the first appearance of this car on any game

you should start getting in contact with the creator of GT2 Plus, this would be a great addition to the roster of unfinished content that was brought back in that mod, either way its nice to see that the ferrari i caught a glimpse of in a video i saw of GT2 the other day wasnt a hoax!

It's awesome.
I think you over-optimized the 3D models and they are now over-simplified and look lower quality than normal cars or original mods in the game, no?

Last edited:
Hi!

So impressive work!👍👍

Thx so much for that, it's a Real pleasure to see GT2 is still alive.

Testarossa has a chance to Come in your project?

Iconic car, and Koenig Spécial possibility....

Hi!

So impressive work!👍👍

Thx so much for that, it's a Real pleasure to see GT2 is still alive.

Testarossa has a chance to Come in your project?

Iconic car, and Koenig Spécial possibility....
Could be, I'm not yet sure when I'll be happy about the roaster of cars in game

Hi everybody,
this video shows the mod that me and うどん01 have created.
At this moment it contains the F335 from 1997 and 1998 of the FCJ team that raced in the JGTC, these cars appeared as strings in the files of the game and so we decided to bring these back to the game together with a Ferrari Dealership.

03/07/22.
Updated the mod with the addition of the F300 ‘98 F1 car in the “Special Models” section of the dealership.

09/08/22
Updated the mod with the addition of the 288 GTO car to the new cars lot and the GTO Evoluzione as the race modifications

01/05/23
Updated the mod with the addition of the Ferrari Mondial car to the new cars lot and the Ferrari Mondial Team Moneytron as the race modification. Thanks a lot to HWTsuchiyaNathan for the work for this new part of the mod.

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.1

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.2

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.3

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.4

download link please!!

SPeaking of classics, how about a 1960 250 PF/cabriolet?
1960-ferrari-250-gt-pf-cabriolet.png

Last edited:
Back