Gran Turismo 3 is such a grind starting out.

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 15 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
Does anyone have any tips on how to make credits the fastest. I just want to enjoy the game lol

Get all your licenses to gold if you haven’t already because the prize cars can be used for many races. The Miata you get for the B license is great for the early going. The RX-8 and the Fairlady Z are useful in early races too. The Vanquish and Viper are useful in some later races (not those with the race cars though). The Impreza can get you through the rally events just fine.

Doing the time trials in arcade mode works as well because you can cheese most of the races with the Panoz you win, or you can sell it for 500K.

If either of those options are too difficult for you, I recommend doing the championships again and again because you can win a car each time you win a championship, and the cars are useful. If you go this route, here’s a tip: if you’re leading a championship by 11 points or more going into the final race, save before moving on to the last race, then enter the race, then quit, then claim your car. If you don’t like the car you win, load the save back and repeat the process if necessary.

I know this is quite a mouthful, but it’s the best advice I have.

^^^^ That's an excellent answer.

Let me add this: Don't look at it as a grind. Enjoy the races for what they are. GT isn't about beating the game. Learn to drive while you're working your way up. There's more fun to be had in winning races with an underdeveloped car than there is to just blasting everything with the most overpowered car in your garage.

Get all your licenses to gold if you haven’t already because the prize cars can be used for many races. The Miata you get for the B license is great for the early going. The RX-8 and the Fairlady Z are useful in early races too. The Vanquish and Viper are useful in some later races (not those with the race cars though). The Impreza can get you through the rally events just fine.

Doing the time trials in arcade mode works as well because you can cheese most of the races with the Panoz you win, or you can sell it for 500K.

If either of those options are too difficult for you, I recommend doing the championships again and again because you can win a car each time you win a championship, and the cars are useful. If you go this route, here’s a tip: if you’re leading a championship by 11 points or more going into the final race, save before moving on to the last race, then enter the race, then quit, then claim your car. If you don’t like the car you win, load the save back and repeat the process if necessary.

I know this is quite a mouthful, but it’s the best advice I have.
Thanks bud

I can agree with this. What i don't like about GT3 is... the prize cars. You have just won the Miata championship. What do you get as a reward? Another Miata. Won the Yaris championship? Another Yaris. Atleast give me other cars which i can race in other championships. I think GT3 is the worst in terms of grinding. There is no perfect way of finishing it. Have to repeatedly win some championships or races like 3-4 times. And as much as i love this game, it can be very tiresome.

Another suggestion is to get something that will hit 220mph/350kph and do the Like The Wind race in the Pro League. You win a Mazda 787B which is very useful and can be used for the majority of the events.

I remember my first GT3 playthrough was a bit of a drag, I bought an FC RX-7 and though I was winning races, it just felt quite lethargic and sluggish. Things seem to pick up once you can afford a few decent upgrades, though. Like most GT games, half the fun is starting out as a star in a slow car, and working through the ranks to become the Gran Turismo champion!

Also, like many have said here, gold all the licenses and things will fast track things along nicely.

The last time I picked up GT3 was after I got my first Subaru, and I was inclined to blitz just far enough into it to purchase my old wagon's go-fast relative, the Legacy GT-B '96, and take it for a spin. You've gotten your answer already, but the license tests are definitely the way to go compared to going face-first into it without their rewards.

GT3's handling model isn't as timeless as some of its contemporaries, but it sure is refreshing to come back to in comparison to any of its successors. Hopefully GT7 can recapture some of the GT1-GT3 essence.

I found the easiest way to go through the game is to start with a Miata. Win the Sunday Cup and the Clubman Cup and sell both cars. You need to have $10K and the Miata. Go buy super slick racing tires and enter the Roadster Enduro. After winning that, you get a cool $100K. Go buy a Vitz and tune it up with 200HP+, then race the Vitz race in Pro League. After winning the first 4 races, save and exit the fifth race to get the prize car you want, which is the Alteeza LM race car. You need an Alteeza for the Alteeza races. Now you have a formidable race car to lay waste to almost every series it qualifies for. You can win the Like the Wind race with a big turbo and get the 787B if you'd like. However, go to the Amateur League and race the Dream Car series. It's only 7 races and 5 laps each. Each race nets you $25K. Two prize cars you want for winning this are the FTO LM and the RX-7 LM. Love both of these cars. Doing this will set you up with plenty of money to never race series after series to earn money.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 3 ... grind
AaRd.gif

My honest advice and what I do first is beat the licences but get all golds in the Rally Licence.
By doing this you have immediately set yourself up as the prize is the Suburu Impreza Rally Car Prototype which can win so many events early on.
The moment I won that car I participated in Seattle 100 miles and won the Polyphony 002 (I have the PAL version) first try. I then used that car on Super Speedway 150 miles and won the Polyphony 001 - though it took me two attempts to get it for me.

Another option is to complete the time trials in arcade mode... which are easy except for the very last one on Complex String - an absolute nightmare. Beating these however will award you with the Panoz Esperante Race Car which is very fast, but sucks at handling.

I prefer the R Licence way personally.

Back