Gran Turismo 3 Time Attack Challenge (RE-OPENED)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 474 comments
Because the roadgoing version of Zonda C12 is not available on arcade mode, then I had to use the LM Race Car version. Here's the lap time:
DSCF8605.JPG

Is it still open? I want to post my time. What track and car is needed?
This round closed yesterday, next round won't be for another few days when @JASON_ROCKS1998 gets around to updating everything

Also I won't be able to participate for a while because my parents are doing some renovations to the left side of the house, so they have cut the power from that side of the house. (My room is on the left side of the house)

Is Ford GT40 LM Race Car at Arcade Mode? I'm very sure that it isn't.
Unfortunately the GT40 Race Car is not available in Arcade Mode even if you complete all areas. You must win one in Sim Mode.

My advise for the next TT event: Do not choose a car that requires Sim Mode to get that particular car.

Unfortunately the GT40 Race Car is not available in Arcade Mode even if you complete all areas. You must win one in Sim Mode.

My advise for the next TT event: Do not choose a car that requires Sim Mode to get that particular car.
In this case, I may have to use my GT40 Road Car then...

Sorry for not continuing this, been pretty busy with college these past few months plus my PS2 broke, but I have decided to recontinue this since I have yet again gotten a new PS2.

I've decided for Season 3 to put a slight twist that may or may not work, but I'll see how it goes for the first few rounds.

Basically, now there will be a benchmark time for each TT set by me, obviously using the same car and track. You get a point for every second you beat me by, and lose a point for each second you are behind. Not sure exactly how well this will turn out. Luckily I'm not particularly quick at hot lapping so most people should at least be able to get some points during this.

First up is the Spoon S2000 Race Car at Super Speedway, a low powered FR race car. Benchmark time is 43.500. Same rules as before, arcade mode cars only (full season schedule is also in OP so you can see the upcoming car track combos). If this works well I might actually try something similar in other games.

Sorry for not continuing this, been pretty busy with college these past few months plus my PS2 broke, but I have decided to recontinue this since I have yet again gotten a new PS2.

I've decided for Season 3 to put a slight twist that may or may not work, but I'll see how it goes for the first few rounds.

Basically, now there will be a benchmark time for each TT set by me, obviously using the same car and track. You get a point for every second you beat me by, and lose a point for each second you are behind. Not sure exactly how well this will turn out. Luckily I'm not particularly quick at hot lapping so most people should at least be able to get some points during this.

First up is the Spoon S2000 Race Car at Super Speedway, a low powered FR race car. Benchmark time is 43.500. Same rules as before, arcade mode cars only (full season schedule is also in OP so you can see the upcoming car track combos). If this works well I might actually try something similar in other games.
Awesome! Fortunately, I bought GT3 in March after winning a prize in a GT500 Series. So, I might have a go as well :)

EDIT: Here's my attempt

20170608_162033_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I was so happy to see this thread pop up with new posts, since I just started up GT3 again last week. I will most definitely give this a run!

Edited w pic. What's the time table for these rounds btw?
They usually last a week, but the next 2 rounds will be 6 days just to get them to start & end on a Monday.

Deadline is always posted in the OP. Current round ends today @ 22:00 GMT.

Question: my GT3 save got corrupted and I wonder how to get the S2000 spoon? Is it in arcade mode or do I have to buy one from. Gran turismo mode?

Question: my GT3 save got corrupted and I wonder how to get the S2000 spoon? Is it in arcade mode or do I have to buy one from. Gran turismo mode?
All cars are in arcade mode, and the Spoon S2000 is one of the cars you unlock from the start. Should show up in the R Class next to the GT300 MR-S.

Here are the scheduled combos:

Spoon S2000 Race Car @ Superspeedway
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34) @ Midfield Raceway
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car @ Smokey Mountain
Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype @ Swiss Alps
Honda NSX Type S Zero @ Trial Mountain
Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) @ Tokyo R246
Honda Castrol Mugen NSX (JGTC) @ Grand Valley Speedway
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R @ Laguna Seca Raceway
Pagani Zonda Race Car @ Rome Circuit
Peugoet 206 Rally Car @ Tahiti Circuit
Toyota Supra RZ @ Deep Forest Raceway
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ @ Special Stage Route 5
Chrysler Viper GTS-R Team Oreca @ Seattle Circuit
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 @ Test Course
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype @ Tahiti Maze
Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra (JGTC) @ Apricot Hill Raceway
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car @ Special Stage Route 11
Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) @ Cote D' Azure
Mazda 787B @ Complex String

Bolded cars needed to be unlocked via arcade mode races ;) 👍

I'd hate to make it more work for you Jason, but you might round out to the tenth or hundreth for scoring purposes, as you can see a whole second is an eternity on 1 lap of super speedway or even midfield.

I'd hate to make it more work for you Jason, but you might round out to the tenth or hundreth for scoring purposes, as you can see a whole second is an eternity on 1 lap of super speedway or even midfield.
I kind of am doing something like that already. If a time is more than half a second away from the target, then it would get an extra point, if that makes sense.

So if there was a target time of 1:36.650, then someone getting a 1:26.453 would get 10 points, but if someone got a 1:26.082 then they would get 11.

That's a little better, but I still think there will often be 2, 3, even 4 way ties on a lot of laps. If that's alright, then it's fine as is, but tenths or cumulative time might be preferable

Last edited:
Back