Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v2.2

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 202 comments
in GT4 the NY textures are too blurred compared to GT4P and beta builds. Time Warner Center has its text where I put it in this. Okay I admit I put the logo first came to me from a Google Search so it's newer and I wanted to use the remaining low quality textures to give credits and make it look like there is a conference. I saw far too many comments on the time accuracy, some were pointing why is Lana Del Rey here but when we were making this track (I was streaming to Gtafan) we wanted to put some things from ourselves and the people who we tested it with before release. Yes it looks weird to see Suicide Squad and Burnout Revenge panels close but it will mean we remove bits of ours. There will be the last big update soon and after that smaller bugfixes will be released. I'm going to evaluate this with Gtafan then..
Admittedly I'm fine with the Burnout Revenge ad, I'm just not too keen on something far for the time GT4 is set. I'd say 2002 and 2006 would be reasonable limits, giving a tolerance of four years from GT4's initial launch.

Is it possible to provide a mini version for the aether sx2 android emulator, I have stated that it supports dds and PNG but unfortunately the size of this mod is huge, I wish to provide a version for Android

Is it possible to provide a mini version for the aether sx2 android emulator, I have stated that it supports dds and PNG but unfortunately the size of this mod is huge, I wish to provide a version for Android
thanks for the interest but unfortunately mini version for aether sx2 is impossible.

Last edited:
Does converting it to PNG reduce the size a little?
it depends on how much data the texture carries so there is no standards but ive seen png's being bigger sometimes also dds has better loading times of textures. since this pack is very big it is a big help for it to stay dds

it depends on how much data the texture carries so there is no standards but ive seen png's being bigger sometimes also dds has better loading times of textures. since this pack is very big it is a big help for it to stay dds
I tried it on my phone. Yes, the The result was good. It worked without problems, but it was tiring to decompress and transfer the file to the texture folder. It took hours, but I noticed that the menus did not change. Why?

I tried it on my phone. Yes, the The result was good. It worked without problems, but it was tiring to decompress and transfer the file to the texture folder. It took hours, but I noticed that the menus did not change. Why?
The UI of the game is an unworthy hassle as in pcsx2 they duplicate and change hashes repeatedly giving no result in the end despite the work and space. They can only be done from the game files. The things we could make were the loading screens and cursor

Nice. I think of remastered car banners that match to the actual car better (BMW and Aston Martin barely had any proper car logos for their respective models).

Nice. I think of remastered car banners that match to the actual car better (BMW and Aston Martin barely had any proper car logos for their respective models).
car logos in garage etc. and overall UI are subjects of modifying game files. Can't be solved with Retexture Mod.

Update 2.1 has been released.
Warning: You MUST reinstal the entire pack to fix the skies. We aren't able to remove previous files from already existing packs. Update pack includes only Alpha Issue fixes.

Changes:

Last edited:
Hello there.
First of all I would like to thank you for your work, it's amazing, really changes the feel of the game to something a bit more "up to date", I'm feeling compelled to use cars I never used before, just because they look so much better now hahah.
Yesterday, after installing v2.1 from scratch, I started a race and saw a transparency bug with the Infiniti G20 1990, front and rear windshields have a big black square on them. Unfortunately the screenshot I tried to take didn't work for some reason, but I'll try to find it again.

Hello there.
First of all I would like to thank you for your work, it's amazing, really changes the feel of the game to something a bit more "up to date", I'm feeling compelled to use cars I never used before, just because they look so much better now hahah.
Yesterday, after installing v2.1 from scratch, I started a race and saw a transparency bug with the Infiniti G20 1990, front and rear windshields have a big black square on them. Unfortunately the screenshot I tried to take didn't work for some reason, but I'll try to find it again.
oh yeah totally broken. im fixing it asap and will be included on next update thanks ^^ --fix done hehe

Last edited:
Also, this is happening to the Audi S4 1998 hood. I saw this happen to the Clio V6 2003, just like that, but I was using the v2.0, and I didn't raced against them since I updated to v2.1, I don't know if is a bug or something caused by me lol, so I decided to report.

Attachments

• pcsx2x64-avx2_2022_07_28_18_19_09_165.png
    pcsx2x64-avx2_2022_07_28_18_19_09_165.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 132
Also, this is happening to the Audi S4 1998 hood. I saw this happen to the Clio V6 2003, just like that, but I was using the v2.0, and I didn't raced against them since I updated to v2.1, I don't know if is a bug or something caused by me lol, so I decided to report.
the audi s3 and s4 98 are problematic yeah. will fix s4 but clio v6 should be fixed in 2.1 as i touched it before release

I have a question for this mod working for Tourist Trophy.

In order to get the mod to work for the TT tracks, we would 'dump textures' for Tourist Trophy and insert the entire mod 'replacements folder' in the TT textures folder?

Any help with this at all? Just got PCSX2 (latest night version), followed all the steps for the install and somehow I’ve got consistent frame stuttering.

Running i7-7700k and a 3080 FE so specs should be fine

Latest Posts

Back