Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v2.2

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 202 comments
Any help with this at all? Just got PCSX2 (latest night version), followed all the steps for the install and somehow I’ve got consistent frame stuttering.

Running i7-7700k and a 3080 FE so specs should be fine

1- does it happen without them (i assume not but asking anyway)
2- is the pack on hdd or ssd?

1- does it happen without them (i assume not but asking anyway)
2- is the pack on hdd or ssd?
Just tired without the pack and it’s still stuttering for some reason, and everything to do with my PCSX2 is on a HDD, it’s all located together

Any help with this at all? Just got PCSX2 (latest night version), followed all the steps for the install and somehow I’ve got consistent frame stuttering.

Running i7-7700k and a 3080 FE so specs should be fine

Whats your graphics settings look like? Need more info to go off.

Just tired without the pack and it’s still stuttering for some reason, and everything to do with my PCSX2 is on a HDD, it’s all located together
did you try other APIs or different resolution? i used to have choppy gameplay on vulkan despite 60 fps at 5x and it wouldnt happen at other resolutions or APIs. Also did you update your driver recently? Please try those too

I'm totally impatiently waiting for your new update with hopefully more beautiful skies on the tracks. I am very enthusiastic about your work, as this good game is only really fun because you just get used to certain standards. Keep it up, thx a lot!
thanks. the skyboxes are handled by MrCassidy and its more dependent on his schedule im focusing on other stuff now so the second bugfix update is going a bit slower :D

Will you guys have time/will to include the Version 3 courses (all courses replaced with TT ones) of my GT4 Enhanced Mod?

Will you guys have time/will to include the Version 3 courses (all courses replaced with TT ones) of my GT4 Enhanced Mod?
All the TT courses work as intended. Tested in both GT4 and TT including special license tracks :).We haven't done motorcycles but they're aren't important to us tbh.

Last edited:
Whats your graphics settings look like? Need more info to go off.
did you try other APIs or different resolution? i used to have choppy gameplay on vulkan despite 60 fps at 5x and it wouldnt happen at other resolutions or APIs. Also did you update your driver recently? Please try those too
I’ve tried loads of different internal resolutions and nothing seems to work. As for APIs, I’m new to Emulation so not too sure what that is. And all drivers are up to date.

Currently struggling with bottlenecking FPS at times, and random vertical panelling which is shown in the video here:

Here are my full current settings:
General
“EE”
EmotionEngine: Recompiler
IOP: Recompiler
Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamping: Full

“VU”
VU0: Micro
VU1: Micro
Clamping: Extra

“GS”
Aspect Ration: Widescreen 16:9
Custom Window Mode: 640 x 480
Zoom: 101.00

Graphics
Renderer: Vulkan
Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Deinterlacing: Bob bff
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)

“Renderer”
Accurate Alpha Test: Ticked
GPU Palette Conversion: Blank
Internal Resolution: X6
Dithering: Off
MipMapping: Off
CRC Hack: None (Debug)
Blending: Basic
Texture Preloading: Full (Hash Cache)

Screen Offsets: Blank
Show Overscan: Blank
Disable Interlace Offset: Blank
Anti-Blur: Blank

“Hacks”
Manual HW Hacks: Ticked
Skip Presenting: Blank

Renderer Hacks: All default

Align Sprite: Ticked
Texture Offset: 385 x 187

“Advanced”
Dump Textures: Ticked
Dump FMV: Ticked
Load Textures: Ticked
Dump Mipmaps: Blank
Async Texture Loading: Ticked
Precache Textures: Blank

I’ve tried loads of different internal resolutions and nothing seems to work. As for APIs, I’m new to Emulation so not too sure what that is. And all drivers are up to date.

Currently struggling with bottlenecking FPS at times, and random vertical panelling which is shown in the video here:

General
“EE”

“VU”

“GS”

Graphics

“Renderer”

“Hacks”

“Advanced”

With the newer builds you dont need to enable manual hacks section, in fact the 'square wheels' issue is fixed without it. I now run that tab disabled and its better. Why do you keep Dump Textures and FMV textures enabled? they might hog your game and you might have accidentally dumped lots of duplicates. Always keep dumping disabled unless youre doing texture work. Your gpu is strong enough to go 8x and much higher blending and my CRC hack is at Automatic. Also if your GPU Palette Conversion is blank make sure to run 16x AA, it wont kill your pc :) Try these settings. If it still is there try it again without Loading Textures and if its still there it has to do with emulator. Make sure to clean your dumps folder as well

With the newer builds you dont need to enable manual hacks section, in fact the 'square wheels' issue is fixed without it. I now run that tab disabled and its better. Why do you keep Dump Textures and FMV textures enabled? they might hog your game and you might have accidentally dumped lots of duplicates. Always keep dumping disabled unless youre doing texture work. Your gpu is strong enough to go 8x and much higher blending and my CRC hack is at Automatic. Also if your GPU Palette Conversion is blank make sure to run 16x AA, it wont kill your pc :) Try these settings. If it still is there try it again without Loading Textures and if its still there it has to do with emulator. Make sure to clean your dumps folder as well
And which version of PCSX2 do you use? I’ve trying out the newer v1.7.3194 (AVX2 - Qt) version

General
“EE”

“VU”

“GS”

Graphics

“Renderer”

“Hacks”

“Advanced”

Switch to OpenGL instead of Vulkan (might or might not help, need to test and see which works better for your system)

Deinterlacing should be disabled and Silent's no-interlace patch should be used instead.

Dump Textures needs to be disabled.

Dump FMVs needs to be disabled.

Async Texture Loading is most likely your issue, try disabling this.

Switch to OpenGL instead of Vulkan (might or might not help, need to test and see which works better for your system)

Deinterlacing should be disabled and Silent's no-interlace patch should be used instead.

Dump Textures needs to be disabled.

Dump FMVs needs to be disabled.

Async Texture Loading is most likely your issue, try disabling this.
Where can I find Silent's no-interlace patch? NVMD = https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=70976
Also, i cant seem to get rid of the aliasing on fences. No reshade tweaks are working. Any advice for me?

Last edited:
Thank you!
Do you have the codes to disable the hud?
There are no codes for that yet. However you can try to play with "skipdraw range" option a bit. I was able to remove HUD in burnout games when the option was set to proper value. I suppose the same can be done in GT games.

There are no codes for that yet. However you can try to play with "skipdraw range" option a bit. I was able to remove HUD in burnout games when the option was set to proper value. I suppose the same can be done in GT games.
I found these. L3 turns the hud off and R3 turns it back on.

FrameBuffer
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFD // Fb on L3
patch=1,EE,204A0C9C,extended,340294D2
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFB // Fb off R3
patch=1,EE,204A0C9C,extended,DD020068

patch=1,EE,E0040000,extended,00A461F0
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFD
patch=1,EE,204A0C8C,extended,34030002 // Fb on
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFB
patch=1,EE,204A0C8C,extended,DD030060 // Fb off

patch=1,EE,E0040001,extended,00A461F0 // Fb on L3
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFD
patch=1,EE,204AB494,extended,30420001

patch=1,EE,E0020002,extended,00A461F0
patch=1,EE,D064C794,extended,0000FFFD // Fb on L3
patch=1,EE,204A0C9C,extended,340212D8

Nice work. Could you please have a look if it's possible to port this to build a PS4 PKG and enjoy this great mod on PS4.
Tks

Nice work. Could you please have a look if it's possible to port this to build a PS4 PKG and enjoy this great mod on PS4.
Tks
thanks and no it wont be supported on ps4 as its done for only pcsx2 1.7 builds because of the hashes dumped etc. internal texture editing is currently impossible due to its format not being understood

thanks and no it wont be supported on ps4 as its done for only pcsx2 1.7 builds because of the hashes dumped etc. internal texture editing is currently impossible due to its format not being understood
Thank you for the explanation. If you have the time to, could you try to do a PS4 PKG repack with an internal resolution change to 1080p. That would make it look a lot better even without the textures.

Thank you for the explanation. If you have the time to, could you try to do a PS4 PKG repack with an internal resolution change to 1080p. That would make it look a lot better even without the textures.
i am absolutely sure its far beyond my level

Wow quite impressed now that I've finally gotten this mod installed. Looks very good on all the tracks I've driven so far. Special Stage Route 5 in particular looks phenomenal! New York looks great too! However, as good as Hong Kong looks, I'm getting these weird sparkle-like effects on the ground on certain parts of the track. Kind of like if you turned up your TV to max sharpness and you start seeing little specs or "sparkles". Any idea how to resolve this?

Back