Gran Turismo 5 on 2021

• Thread starter pogoes1
  • 35 comments
Indonesia
Earth
So I've recently got a ps3, and i'm planning to buy the disk version of GT5.
So I've got a few questions

1. How do i get the Spec. II Update?
    Since im probably going to get the regular version of gt5, how will i able to update it for
    the Spec. II version, as far as i know didn't PSN Servers shutdown for the PS3?

2. How do i get the DLC's?
    since you can't buy the dlc's anymore on PSN how will i be able to get them?

3. How to copy the saves?
    How do you copy them (On OFW), because it's copylocked or something in my PS3

4. Should i just go CFW?
    i don't know if it's worth it to be honest, i like it better with ofw.
sorry if one of these question have been asked, i don't know how to use the search bar.

Since im probably going to get the regular version of gt5, how will i able to update it for

4. Should i just go CFW?
sorry if one of these question have been asked, i don't know how to use the search bar.
This may help you with getting the DLCs here or @Sonygamer455 may help you.

Last edited:
How do i get the Spec. II Update?
You should be able to download the updates for the game as long as you have your PS3 connected to the internet. I recommend updating to 2.11 and not getting the later updates because they don't really add much to the experience, if anything they take away from it.
How do i get the DLC's?
As fordlaser mentioned (which I appreciate), I have a tutorial showing how to get them and it's very easy to do. In all seriousness, look no further than there, it'll get you all set up! 👍
How to copy the saves?
Relax, the save game is only copy protected on the vanilla game, once you update it, you'll be able to copy it as you please.
Should i just go CFW?
That's up to you really. Me personally, I have jailbreak and I love it, but I can understand why it's not for everyone. It all boils down to what you want to do with your console.

Last edited:

4. Should i just go CFW?

I think updates are not online anymore, so to get them you will need to Jailbreak.

I have recently done so (JB and Mod) and it has opened up a whole new world. I can not recommend it highly enough.

I am now racing GT5 online with "clean" racers in a lovely little community.

If you are interested, please PM me and I will talk you through everything. I have recently done it so know pretty much all about it.

Do it now - I dragged my heels on it and now wish I had done it months ago.

Last edited:
For how long? I thought I installed 5 and 6 this year. Maybe 5 was there already.
I don't know how long but the updates are just not working for anyone wants to download GT5 updates.

Last edited:
Oh, or maybe I installed something like the latest version from a disc. I have three versions of GT5 and the latest one is not bad at all:

• A new edition of the game which was released on 26 September 2012 - The Gran Turismo 5: Academy edition is the latest version of the original GT5 game. It included all the functionality updates and new content that has been made available since the launch. It also comes with a voucher for all the DLC, with the exception of: Twin Ring Motegi Pack, Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11, Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12, 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype, Scion FR-S '12, Subaru BRZ S '12, and the free "Family Upgrades" for the Track Pack and Racing Car Pack.

No they are not online anymore and I think the only way to get the update now, is a PS3 Jailbreak.
I think updates are not online anymore, so to get them you will need to Jailbreak.
I don't know how long but the updates are just not working for anyone wants to download GT5 updates.
Okay I don't know what is going with ya'll, but I just checked on my PS3 and I was still able to download updates without any issues. So thankfully it seems they are still available.

Maybe it was only temp down getting patched to stop the 2.11 exit and GE ability to function and force a full update. Time will tell I suppose or if someone possibly does a “brand new”update and attempts the 2.11 exit and then tests GE to see if it is working ?

Last edited:
Updates are down for the EU region only.
Ah, that would explain it!
Maybe it was only temp down getting patched to stop the 2.11 exit and GE ability to function
Okay I misread this earlier, but I can assure you they wouldn't patch it to stop at 2.11.

I will say this though, this can be achieved by editing the PARAM.SFO in the game data (not save data) or replacing it with one from a later update and it will stop any future updates from coming. I would know because I have done it before with jailbreak.
:confused:

Last edited:
Maybe it was only temp down getting patched to stop the 2.11 exit and GE ability to function and force a full update.

I don't know why Sony or PD would care whether people are on the latest update or not. The main reason to block a save editor is to prevent cheating, so that people will buy DLC or unlock keys, and to keep online modes fair for all players. GT5's DLC is delisted and the online modes are permanently gone, so there's no way for them to make back the money it would cost to put out a new update.

They can't repackage all of the updates into one either, because a theoretical player whose PS3 has been offline since they got any pre-2.17 update would not be able to update their game to the latest version due to the lack of incremental patches.

Okay I don't know what is going with ya'll, but I just checked on my PS3 and I was still able to download updates without any issues. So thankfully it seems they are still available.
I been on the to phone to Playstation support and they no nothing about the GT5 updates issues, all they told me to contact the developer. I got a jailbreak now and that would solve the update problem :).

I have been trying randomly for about a week to update GT5 with no success, I was just gifted the game, the manual says im on version 1.0*** and checking for updates says Im on the current version. The version number in the game data is blank. I have a feeling the may have finally been turn off too. In NZ for those curious.

I have been trying randomly for about a week to update GT5 with no success, I was just gifted the game, the manual says im on version 1.0*** and checking for updates says Im on the current version. The version number in the game data is blank. I have a feeling the may have finally been turn off too. In NZ for those curious.
I have emailed Playstaton support last Monday about my incident number I got with them, and they said they will let me know in a couple of days. So I emailed them again on Thursday about my incident number, and they emailed back saying we are investigating the matter, and they will let me know.

Back