Gran Turismo 5 Videos - GamesCom 2009

• Thread starter MGR
  • 208 comments
Strange, it loaded up fast for everyone else everytime we saw someone start.

Guy from that vid is a total moron... Can't drive just complains... loading times are to long , treas have no AA ... what an amateur...

Why is he complaining about the crashphysics, i think they got improved and now seem quite realistic. The way they were before was unrealistic, the cars were somehow wrapped in some kind of invisible shield, that deflected everything and made them really bounce away from the wall. Now it looks like the car really slides along the guardrails.

And the same improvement is visible when you hit a AI controlled car, the physics engine actually makes them realisticly, just like the car the player is driving. They are nolonger just moving guardrails, the time of bumpercars is over i guess. There are still going to be people using the AI to take turns faster, but they will now find themself crashing and turning more often.

And the same improvement is visible when you hit a AI controlled car, the physics engine actually makes them realisticly, just like the car the player is driving. They are nolonger just moving guardrails, the time of bumpercars is over i guess. There are still going to be people using the AI to take turns faster, but they will now find themself crashing and turning more often.

Agreed. I think cars have behaved exactly like snooker balls, until now. The new collision physics should make things way better, and it'll make the cars feel much more lifelike too.

But there it is still possible to drive against wall in high angle and not being stopped, just grind and drive away. And vehicle inertia should bounce you off the walls and destabilise in much fatal form when you are touching the wall in 300 km/h. They say that gamescon build was pretty old, so all could be cured to the final game.

I've just made an comparison of GT4 and GT5 at the Tokio R246. The GT5 Video is a replay movie of the GC 09...

I approve you to watch the video in HD and full screen...

I've just made an comparison of GT4 and GT5 at the Tokio R246. The GT5 Video is a replay movie of the GC 09...

[YOUTUBEHD]lHe73Uh22xA[/YOUTUBEHD]

Fixed :) 👍

The differences between gt4 and gt5 very distinct. But one notable comparison i seen was there was definitely no damage ( at least some minor dents and scratches) after it bumped in the guardrails a ton of times near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHXSngZQhA&feature=related

in this video, theres no minor damgage, only things coming off and hanging( no dents or scratches) and only the subaru gets damaged. ( if u watch the video, then you will see what im talking about)

I hope that was just for demo purposes and they don't stiff us on damage at release time.

The differences between gt4 and gt5 very distinct. But one notable comparison i seen was there was definitely no damage ( at least some minor dents and scratches) after it bumped in the guardrails a ton of times near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHXSngZQhA&feature=related

in this video, theres no minor damgage, only things coming off and hanging( no dents or scratches) and only the subaru gets damaged. ( if u watch the video, then you will see what im talking about)

I hope that was just for demo purposes and they don't stiff us on damage at release time.

Its been basically confirmed already that its only a demo and its not the finished product.

Yeah that comparison video was sweet. Thanks for that. The lighting, let alone the track model, is insane compared to GT4. Just so much more crisp and contrasty. Fantastic to see....better get my sunglasses :cool:

Thanks mate!
And the GT5 stuff is only off-screen and far away from its actual resolution.^^

I've uploaded some footage I made at the Festival du Jeu Video in Paris last saturday.
As this was the GamesCom build, I post them here :
You have a replay showcasing Nissan 370Z, Ford Focus WRC, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX and Subaru Impreza WRC. We tried to have a closer look on other cars...
And there's gameplay with the Subaru Impreza WRC.
Streams and HD videos are all 50fps and playable through XMB or NXE.
Posted on our Youtube channel too, as usual.
Enjoy...
:)

3945617362_0c89a3f292_o.png

3945617110_14f70ebb17_o.png

3944834093_679b93ab48_o.png

3944833635_4ce48fb119_o.png

3945615876_87a4bee98f_o.png

3945615392_0e9e56a9b0_o.png

3945614924_f9a5cf3a28_o.png

3944832457_9528c0fc41_o.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the jaw-dropping awesomeness of my favorite Focus RS WRC 08!

On a side note: have anyone else noticed that the WRC cars run on gravel tyres (Pirelli Scorpion), not tarmac ones (Pirelli P-Zero)? I sure hope it's not a mistake, would be kind of a bummer for such detailed title.

Thank you for the jaw-dropping awesomeness of my favorite Focus RS WRC 08!

On a side note: have anyone else noticed that the WRC cars run on gravel tyres (Pirelli Scorpion), not tarmac ones (Pirelli P-Zero)? I sure hope it's not a mistake, would be kind of a bummer for such detailed title.

Probably was just thrown on for the demo

How do I download them? I haven't found a button or anything to click.
Right click, save target as:
http://media.us.gran-turismo.com/us/local/us/data2/movie/ferrari_italia/458_italia.wmv
http://media.us.gran-turismo.com/us/local/us/data2/movie/ferrari_italia/458_italia.mov

You cant. They are just previews. They want u to download them via GTTV.

:indiff:

EDIT:
On the logos doesnt work anymore.
EDIT²: But you can copy the links somewhere and save them this way, like i did above.
EDIT³: Some are "PPV" (Pay Per View), so yes, you need GT.TV for them.

Back