Gran Turismo 6 breaks the rules of physics

My guess is you cut the corner just a bit to much? At least too much for PDs liking...

I do know that PD put in a bunch of "anti-cheating" traps on Ascari in one of the updates.

Not saying you were cheating...just that you were caught in one of PD's attempts to police our lobbies for us.

That was... interesting :lol:

It shows you how unstable and temperamental GT6 is though. It has some major pitfalls in it, and they're completely random.

I've been hit by other cars online that have slow connections (their cars glitch all over the place) and they say they didn't hit me ... but I was punted off the track. I almost thought this is what happened here, but those two cars around you were far from you...

It is probably a renderer bug, because it shouldn't happen, at least I never experienced it on Ascari and I drove great amount of off-track there.

I had similar experience with Ferrari Racing Legends game (on PS4), especially on Enna Pergusa and Imola courses. For some reason (probably renderer refresh) game would "draw" such invisible walls now and then, always in different chicane or moment - and they wouldn't be there for my next run.

I wonder if this could be reproduced if the same settings for that race and for your car was used down to the color of your FD.

I always "cut" (left wheels stay on track, right wheels on bumper or even a bit in the grass) that right turn but now I'll be scared LOL

Dude that's just f:censored:d up!

If I had a dollar for every lap of Ascari I've run, I could by PD but I've never had that happen to me.

Didn't realize GT6 had bugs :lol: :odd:

I've taken that exact racing line nearly every lap at Ascari, two wheels in the grass and 2 barely on the curbs and that's never happened to me. I suspect it's a one time type of glitch, not a programmed part of the game.

GT6 - now with divine intervention ;), Thanks PD.

EDIT: Damn it Gandalf! Beat me to it! :)

Omfg! :lol:

Believe me, I always take this corner in a similar way like you did and nothing ever happened to me! Must be some weird weird angle physics glitch.
You setup the Mazda at the lowest ride height or something?

Looks like packet loss actually. This is exactly what happens in any online game when the game loses your input for a while. With a small amount the game will attempt to follow your likely position, but with a complete failure it will simply revert to your last known position.

Ah, so THAT's what happened and why I suddenly caught up to you on the last lap. Bummer 👎 I've taken that turn deeper with no repercussions, but on in an online race.

Jerome

That is really weird - so sorry that happened to you that deep into the race. Never have seen that before and I race online a tone albeit, not at Ascari. If it happens more than once then PD need to look at beefing up their online stability and optimization.

It is just a bug and has nothing to do with physics so a different title would have done well to this thread. Almost every racing game I played had some sort of this problem.
Sorry for you to experience such a bug in lap 19 of 21 in a close race! And I do hope it gets solved by PD as many other bugs. Have to say I tried different lines through that corner but could not recreate that bug, but I did it offline, mabye it is just online happening.

It is just a bug and has nothing to do with physics so a different title would have done well to this thread.

IDK, I mean, it sort of does break the rules of physics:
Nose wheelies, flipping on kerbs, flying Veyrons and now this! :lol:
Thought I'd seen it all, guess not. :sly:

This is just another example isn't it? Granted probably not as common though (at least I hope not).

Looks like the whole car was about to go on the grass from front view at 0.55 so perhaps a shortcutstopper with serious bounce effect. Must have been a real surprise...should have filmed your faceresponse :)

Back