Gran Turismo 6 E3 2013, General discussion(Live streaming links).

We need an option to give car nicknames! Then we can really organize our Garage... things like:

"Trackday RUF"
"450PP RX-7"
"Drifting-only S13"

It`s a simple feature that would help a lot!

We need an option to give car nicknames! Then we can really organize our Garage... things like:

"Trackday RUF"
"450PP RX-7"
"Drifting-only S13"

That's an idea. I would really appreciate also the 3 stored tuning settings (A,B and C) of GT5p so that I can easily switch among them...

That's an idea. I would really appreciate also the 3 stored tuning settings (A,B and C) of GT5p so that I can easily switch among them...

I'm not sure if I read that correctly because you can do that in GT5. When you open up the settings menu, go to "Settings Sheet" and then you can select between your A, B and C tunes.

"Trackday RUF"
"450PP RX-7"
"Drifting-only S13"

Wouldn't that be a copyright issue? You're taking an S13 and naming it something of your own. Unless there's a seperate bar for it and it still says S13 under it. Still, I'd love this feature as well. 👍

Eks
Wouldn't that be a copyright issue? You're taking an S13 and naming it something of your own. Unless there's a seperate bar for it and it still says S13 under it. Still, I'd love this feature as well. 👍

He's not saying rename the car, just be able to label it similar to tune names. It wouldn't change the name of the car at all.

"Trackday RUF"
"450PP RX-7"
"Drifting-only S13"

I like that a lot actually. I have many 2004 Pontiac GTO's in my GT5 garage, and that would save me a bit of time.👍

He's not saying rename the car, just be able to label it similar to tune names. It wouldn't change the name of the car at all.

So, something like this, then?
20qidsw.png

Sure 👍

The A,B,C were added to GT5 in one of the updates so they are there now, You can even name them.

What they really need to do though is allow to save to file and give the file a name so we are not limited to 3 tunes per car.

Interesting interview from Kaz ,mentioning that Edge effect again whatever that is.Seems GT6 still does have some tricks up it's sleeve .

Not sure if already posted...

http://simhqmotorsports.com/wp/feature-e3-2013-recap-part-i-gran-turismo-6/

This is the section with Sony producer Taku Imasaki

Developer Interview

One of our most enjoyable and lively interviews of E3 was our 30 minute session with Taku Imasaki, North American Producer for Sony and GT6.
Taku was very interested in our line of questions, which favored simulation-based topics over other elements of the title normally covered by the media.

The two motorsports equipment companies, KW Suspension and Yokohama racing tires, are providing Polyphony Digital some critical real-world data for GT6.
That data is being used to refine the suspension and tire models of the GT6 game engine’s chassis physics algorithm, improving the way the game models suspension geometry changes during gameplay.
Likewise, new and more detailed aerodynamics data has also been gathered to help remodel the aero portion of the game engine. In fact, Taku told us that after E3 the team was headed north to Willow Springs Raceway with some vehicles and data logging gear to capture even more car telemetry data.

While waiting for one of his turns at the GT6 cockpit sleds, Chunx noticed the tire temperature and wear graphic overlay for GT6 would heat up when cars were sliding through hard corners, but cool off to normal in only a few seconds. It was reminiscent of how critical injuries in games like Call of Duty recover in only a few seconds − certainly not realistic from a simulation perspective. Taku addressed that, saying that tire wear in GT6′s “Hard Core” mode will allow the player to adjust wear rates and how they respond to abuse.

On the subject of multiplayer, Chunx mentioned that one inhibitor to sim racing groups hosting online events on consoles was the lack of options in setting up races. Taku told us that this is being addressed in GT6, where it will be easier to set up hosting races with more host options, allowing hosts to customize races to suit their needs. We asked about Multi-Class racing, and were told that while there will be multi-class racing in GT6, there won’t be a way for the game itself to conduct multi-class race scoring (i.e. class winners).

When asked about supported wheels, Taku listed off the usual suspects from Logitech and Thrustmaster.
When asked about Fanatec wheels, Taku reminded us that sadly Fanatec doesn’t have an SDK, so that company’s wheels are interpreted by the game in a generic manner similar to a game pad. Fanatec wheels will work, but not as well as they could if specifically tailored to the game.

Regarding AI, the new suspension model (mentioned above) is applied to the AI cars, so Taku tells us you’ll see more AI car suspension movement and they’ll react accordingly. AI will race with each other, and will get aggressive with you if you get aggressive with them. To quote Taku, you won’t see any “ducks in a row” AI racing in GT6.

To our surprise, Taku then started to reverse-interview Chunx and SeanManly, asking the SimHQ Motorsports team what tracks they might want to see developed for GT6. The two offered up some US tracks that appeal to amateur racers and pros alike, such as Buttonwillow, Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta,
and Mosport. We’ll see where that goes, but Taku was clearly interested in the discussion.

Taku told us that there will be 200 new cars created for GT6, with 1200 total (older GT version cars) in the game.
Specific track/car lists will be forthcoming when the game is closer to release.
Expect to see Gran Turismo 6 on store shelves this holiday season.

For those wondering when Gran Turismo will come to the PS4, Taku didn’t have an answer on that,
but another website had some insight from Mr. Yamauchi that keeps me from holding my breath.
On the plus side, if you already own a PS3 and a PC/PS3 compatible wheel, you’ll only be paying for the
GT6 disc to get your racing fix. For any other next-gen console racer, you’ll be investing in a console, a new wheel, and the game.

"We asked about Multi-Class racing, and were told that while there will be multi-class racing in GT6, there won’t be a way for the game itself to conduct multi-class race scoring (i.e. class winners)."

Honestly, how is that difficult to include in the game? 🤬 sake PD.

"We asked about Multi-Class racing, and were told that while there will be multi-class racing in GT6, there won’t be a way for the game itself to conduct multi-class race scoring (i.e. class winners)."

Honestly, how is that difficult to include in the game? 🤬 sake PD.

I know right? Really wanted it too, seriously....

It really is a stupid approach, there will be multi-class racing but there won't.

What it translates to is basically the same as GT5. LMPs and GT cars, Gt500 and GT300 cars will be pointlessly put into the same race again with the slower cars serving only as moving chicanes.

Back