Gran Turismo 6 Subaru BRZ S'12 grip tune

Slovenia
Slovenia
So I tried to make my first tune on Subaru BRZ S'12, and I thought it would be great if I post it right here. Tune should probably work on Toyota 86 and on Scion FR-S too.

So here is the tune for Subaru BRZ S '12:

Tires: sports hard

Suspension: fully customisable: (F is for front, R is for rear):
-ride height: both F and R on 80mm
-spring rate: F is on 6.92 kgf/mm, R is on 8.97 kgf/mm
-dampers(compression): F:4, R:5
-dampers(extension): F:5, R:6
-Anti roll bars: F:5, R:4
-camber angle: F:2.0, R:1.7
-toe angle: F: -0.20, R: - 0.05
-racing brake kit: F:8, R:7

Transmission setup (fully customisable transmission) :
First, put final gear to 5.000. Then top speed on 180km/h (112 mp/h). Then tune the gears:
First gear: 2.901
Second gear: 2.180
Third gear: 1.766
Fourth gear: 1.454
Fifth gear: 1.217
Sixth gear: 1.014
Then put final gear on 3.500
You can change the final gear, the way you'd like.

Drivetrain:
Tune fully customisable LSD:
Initial torque:8
Acceleration sensitivity:6
Braking sensitivity: 14
Buy triple plate clutch kit and carbon propeller shaft.

Power:
Buy all parts, that give you the most power. Do an oil change.

Body:
Use any spoiler you like, and put rear downforce to 20. Buy weight reduction parts, so your car will have 1030kg.

Tune your cars power or body(weight), to match your PP level.

The tune feels nice to ride, and it handles the way I wanted. Any comments would be great! Feel free to message me, if you want me to make more tunes! Thanks! Have a nice day!

Hi mate,
I tried your tune, pretty good.

Then I did my own, you should try and let me know what you think.

-ride height: both F 90mm and R on 80mm
-spring rate: F is on lowest kgf/mm, R is on lowest kgf/mm
-dampers(compression): F:1, R:1
-dampers(extension): F:1, R:1
-Anti roll bars: F:3, R:3
-camber angle: F:0.00, R:0.00
-toe angle: F: 0.00, R: 0.00
-racing brake kit: F:5, R:5

Drivetrain:
Initial torque:5
Acceleration sensitivity:10
Braking sensitivity: 20

Same gear box setting.

FYI, tunes also depend on what driving aids are used or not used and tyres.

Hi mate,
I tried your tune, pretty good.

Then I did my own, you should try and let me know what you think.

-ride height: both F 90mm and R on 80mm
-spring rate: F is on lowest kgf/mm, R is on lowest kgf/mm
-dampers(compression): F:1, R:1
-dampers(extension): F:1, R:1
-Anti roll bars: F:3, R:3
-camber angle: F:0.00, R:0.00
-toe angle: F: 0.00, R: 0.00
-racing brake kit: F:5, R:5

Drivetrain:
Initial torque:5
Acceleration sensitivity:10
Braking sensitivity: 20

Same gear box setting.

FYI, tunes also depend on what driving aids are used or not used and tyres.

Thanks mate! Means a lot :D I also tried your tune and it feels preety nice. But in my opinion, it oversteers a little bit, maybe a little bit more, that would suite my taste, but still an great tune. The car is easy to control even if it understeers.

Hello

Going to try out these over the next few days to compare to the set up on my car. I love the BRZ/86/FRS cars they are great club racers to focus on handling balance.

Where are you driving, Silverstone is my go to Club racer location.

Hello

Going to try out these over the next few days to compare to the set up on my car. I love the BRZ/86/FRS cars they are great club racers to focus on handling balance.
I'm a big midfield raceway fan
Where are you driving, Silverstone is my go to Club racer location.
I'm a big midfield raceway fan, if your for a little competition on gt6 check out the CHALLENGE HUB. Click the link below.

I can throw a 86 race if you like

Midfeild GT Classics

Sounds good Ill run these tunes at Midfeild Silverstone and Apricot Hill for variety.

I'm more into the tuning n nodding side of things but Ill look over the competition maybe try it out eventually

Midfeild GT Classics

Sounds good Ill run these tunes at Midfeild Silverstone and Apricot Hill for variety.

I'm more into the tuning n nodding side of things but Ill look over the competition maybe try it out eventually
If your a tuning fan then the BATTLES are right up your ally, THE BATTLES are not about how fast you are but more about which car is the fastest.
It's a good way to tune a variety of cars, some of us use our own tune other use other peoples tunes.
We normally share our BATTLE tunes as well, it will be a good way to show off yours.

Oh my mistake then, I thought that was no tune only, yeah for sure I'd be interested, ill look it over more this weekend
I run many challenges, NO-TUNE, BATTLES, GONE IN 60 SECONDS, ONE HIT WONDER and INVITATIONALS invitationals are random style events.
Check out post#1 - #5

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Oh my mistake then, I thought that was no tune only, yeah for sure I'd be interested, ill look it over more this weekend

I was start dealing with gt6 early in 2018, we are a good bunch , having fun with various challenges that can give everybody a chance to win , fast or slow , we share tunes , uploading replays and the best part is that you never get bored.
We wait your entrance mate .

I've had a chance to do some runs at Apricot Hill, to keep my testing suspension based the 3 set ups run the same everything except suspension settings.

The cars like this are all hitting laps inside 0.2 of each other but driving feel is drasticly different from one set up to the next making for interesting testing .

Come to join us mate and give your self a chance to surpass your self and be a better tuner in varius tracks with varius cars .
Trust me on this , the feeling you get when you go beyond your limits is second to none, you might be not so fast but thats not the main goal, the goal is to move further from the the spot you think is your limits and the joy you get doing it , sharing this with the others.
We wait for you in next round ,choose what is comfortable for you to race and join us, will be our pleasure to share things with you and grow our company.

What tires do you guys like for like a streatable track day tire. I honestly like SS the best as what I feel is a dot rated track day tire.

So far my testing has been on SH tires and they good but the car needs SS. Funny but its kinda like when the 86/BRZ came out it had poo poo tires but now I think its TS has Michelin Pilot Sports comparable to P-Zero

In real life I drive a sub 1000kg car with 463whp and P-Zero Rosa hold my power good, comparable to SS in GT6

SH closer to budget brand summer tires, spin 1st, 2nd, 3rd at the track

Come to join us mate and give your self a chance to surpass your self and be a better tuner in varius tracks with varius cars .
Trust me on this , the feeling you get when you go beyond your limits is second to none, you might be not so fast but thats not the main goal, the goal is to move further from the the spot you think is your limits and the joy you get doing it , sharing this with the others.
We wait for you in next round ,choose what is comfortable for you to race and join us, will be our pleasure to share things with you and grow our company.
No truer words have never been spoken

What tires do you guys like for like a streatable track day tire. I honestly like SS the best as what I feel is a dot rated track day tire.

So far my testing has been on SH tires and they good but the car needs SS. Funny but its kinda like when the 86/BRZ came out it had poo poo tires but now I think its TS has Michelin Pilot Sports comparable to P-Zero

In real life I drive a sub 1000kg car with 463whp and P-Zero Rosa hold my power good, comparable to SS in GT6

SH closer to budget brand summer tires, spin 1st, 2nd, 3rd at the track
I haven't had much real life race experience but I would think SS is a good start.

Would you be interested if I do a FT86 race in the CHALLENGE HUB?

86 comp sounds good but with some club racer style restrictions :D I'd be interested in something like that

I've always thought a Honda shootout be fun, got a few decent Hondas that even tho they ff are fun to drive

Basically same as they run club 86 but since the "feeling of speed" is not all there ie 100mph feels like 50 be slack on engine modifications.

Specify engine specs tires all cars must run. Car weight fully dropped for racing. Stock transmission and differential, not fastest stock but everybody the same so no advantages. Goal being to focus everything on suspension tuning and driving.

These are the quick details but its standard stuff for stuff like club racing or spec miata etc

Best car for this is the 86 Racing package (not the 86 race car) basically a club racer out the box IRL

We don't normally do specific mods you can and can't do has it can't be policed, but will do is this:

Max PP (all engine mods and weight reduction)

Stock gear box and diff

Sports soft tyres

It would be a trust race, How does that sound?

The suspension tuning without the gear box is half job.
In most of the cases espesialy in low power cars , just a proper gearing can give you 1-2 or more sec per lap.
All thats sounds like a tuning competition the most , using quite a few cars.
And on the other hand without the ability to control the specs of a challenge , trust thing, can put a lot of water inside the barrel.

Y'all talking actual race or Time Attack?

My thought was a time Attack. Honor system but at same time a reply file can be called up. Everybody can load replay files.

The tranny flip trick is usually an easy way to go a bit faster but these type of things in club or spec racing are strictly forbiden. Focus on suspension tuning and driving without any little tricks. I would go so far as to even restrict reversed rake tuning making cars required to be level or forward rake. This in attempts to eliminate tuning around tricks to actual tuning the suspension.

I find since this is a video game people get consumed with using all the little tricks to be the fastest or faster the cars end up fast but drive like alien space ships. Take out those tricks and the cars behavior and feel becomes much more real and IMHO fun

My final testing grounds for cars are the S races where some tire wear is thrown in with pp handicap. Its the proving ground.

Last edited:
If you take a look at the 1 page of the hub you will understand what is about and what coming next .
Usualy run 4 events per week or 2 weeks .
This week was a TT and soon will follow a new challenge that a slower player can challenge the top players in a challenge he likes with the rules he likes.
@bjl23 can give you more details as he is the man behind all this.
If you spend some time to read a little you may catch the " mood" we move on .

You have a point with the S races and tyre wear ,were the set up must also last and not be just fast.
Anyway they are so many parameters that you can set an event ,just need people to follow and like it.
But we can't have them all or be good everywhere, me i don't like so much older cars but some love them, still i compete with them , having fun and the pleasure to discover my limits and sometimes surpass them.
And for your information we are far from the driving aliens that can run one handed , blindfold and with the ds3 behind their back and still can win.

PS
Since you are good at tuning ( i guess ) your presence will be more than wellcome.

Last edited:
Could you link the Hub, im seeing a lot of "stickies" and stuff but having a bit of trouble navigating though the stuff, lots of sections n sub sections. I would certainly be interested in taking part in some events. As summer winds down and my project car goes in storage for winter I get back into the V games and RC's. I got more time for GT.

Ill probably post up a small tuning challenge or something for any interested in simulating a real world type club/spec racer tune vs the AutoCross style most be doing

The game should have spec and club type events in the career vs the random scrap they have aside from the GT3/GT500 type events.

Good is relative :/ , I like to think I tune cars that have great real world feel and are still quick some of my cars I have much enjoyment ripping endless laps

I will do this as a time attack event, with the honour rules in place. A replay will be needed to show you have used the correct tyre. Just so you know @K3Tuning this is different to what we normally do at the CHALLENGE HUB so it will most likely be a 1 off.

If you enter the BATTLES you can set your own tuning rules do that we be a good way for you and other to do car set ups like this.

Please read though pages 1 to 5 in the CHALLENGE HUB.

Enjoy.

Been having a good time with these 86 set ups so far.

The cars hot lapping inside 0.0XX so really the big difference is character and driving style required to run quick. The cars hot lap times near identical but how you have to drive them is very very different. Polar opposites one car is very lose kinda floaty with a lot of over steer, have to turn in really early to settle the car by apex to avoid lots of mid corner steering corrections while the other is very very tight, has a tendency to under steer then over steer but very predictable a lot more driving with the throttle to correct vs steering

Back