Gran Turismo 7 ‘hero car’ (aka the car that appears in the cover of the game)

• Thread starter NickXP
  • 189 comments
Greece
Greece
Which do you think is going to be the GT7 hero car that will appear in the game’s box art ? I believe it could be the next Nissan Z if it gets revealed in time.

Official Nissan Z teaser from Nissan :

Last edited:
Well people seem to expect it will be a new car on every game cover, but isn't the one in GT Sport's cover from 2015? Maybe they had it as the car cover before delays in 2016, but that's still not new.

The Next-gen Z is still at least a year away, So I'm not sure if it will make it in time for the launch if GT7 comes out this year.

Failing that, I think the BMW M3 / M4 (G80 / G82) or a performance variant of the Porsche 911 (992) like the Turbo S or GT3 are good shouts.

I'd say the Corvette C8 is a strong shout - if that is the case, it would be following a pattern (GT5 Mercedes, GT6 Chevrolet, GTS Mercedes...)
Considering their new relationship with Porsche though, maybe a current model is a possibility.

Well people seem to expect it will be a new car on every game cover, but isn't the one in GT Sport's cover from 2015? Maybe they had it as the car cover before delays in 2016, but that's still not new.
Yes but this exact car was still in production when GT SPORT came out. Gran Turismo game covers always have a new car that is in production when the game comes out.

I wouldn't think too hard about it. But if I had to guess, maybe the GT-R50? I don't think we've had a GT-R on the cover of a game aside from GT5 Prologue, which had the initial iteration of the R35, and I don't think you can get much different from the 2007 model than the recent GT-R50. Especially since I recall that PD was involved with the R35.

C8, Supra, SF90?

I think we already had the C7 on the cover of GT6, didn't we? Though I could see the Supra A90 being on the cover. Not sure why they'd suddenly pick a Ferrari, though.
I can give you the car, and the color. Toyota Supra 2020 in Horizon Blue.

Agreed, especially since Horizon Blue is the exclusive color that the 2020 model has over the 2019 model.
I'd say the Corvette C8 is a strong shout - if that is the case, it would be following a pattern (GT5 Mercedes, GT6 Chevrolet, GTS Mercedes...)
Considering their new relationship with Porsche though, maybe a current model is a possibility.

You make a good point, here. So maybe it really could be the C8. But if it were a Porsche, I'd likely pick the Taycan. Or maybe whatever that Porsche was that got unveiled in some files a week or two ago, and looked a lot like the 917 Living Legend Concept. I don't think they'd pick a race car, but maybe the C8.R could be on the cover.

Last edited:
Which do you think is going to be the GT7 hero car that will appear in the game’s box art ? I believe it could be the next Nissan Z if it gets revealed in time.

Official Nissan Z teaser from Nissan :

Sem título.png

It will be whoever is willing to pay Kaz the most to be on the cover...

Considering how financially bad Nissan is doing right now, maybe not...

I think it could be the next Mazda RX-7 2022 concept car...
Or one of the newest Porsche hybrid.

Toyota could be on the cover...
MB could be on the cover....

So many potential....
ButI don't think the Corvette C8.

Unless Kaz wants to give free publicity to the new Z.

Who knows....

Toyota Yaris GR. The new one with a 3 cylinder turbo and 4 wheel drive. That's what I would like anyway. But here are some more candidates:
Chevrolet Corvette C8
Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)
Nissan 400Z
Ferrari F8 Tributo
BMW M8
Ferrari SF-90
Porsche Taycan

One wild guess would be the Koenigsegg Gemera.

It's a possibility, but I don't think they'll use a car that has been in a previous title - not the best marketing strategy.
Yes of course, I'm nothing into that marketing and business strategy things, and that's probably what it's all about. I was only thinking about something that would look good. :)

Last edited:
ZR1 on the cover of GTPSP. GT-R on the cover of GT Concept. Possible it could be the C8.

The Megane Trophy was on my 15th Anniversary metal cover.

Weren't the McLaren F1 gauges on the cover of one of the games?

I would love it if it were one of these the cover car for Gran Turismo 7!
Chevrolet Corvette C8 '20
Ferrari SF90 '20
Italdesign Nissan GT-R50 '20
Lamborghini Vision GT '20
McLaren Senna GTR '19
Toyota Supra RZ [MK5] '20

Last edited:
I know it's unlikely but maybe it won't be a car at all, like with GT1 and GT2's (in some regions) boxes.

Yes of course, I'm nothing into that marketing and business strategy things, and that's probably what it's all about. I was only thinking about something that would look good. :)
The Supra would definitely have the right vibe!

Back