Gran Turismo 7 25th Anniversary Celebrations Detailed: Increased Prize Payouts & Free X2019

• Thread starter Famine
  • 88 comments
Raising the prize money 5X in Sport Mode tells me that the amount of people racing online has really fallen off. I don't know if there are publicly available numbers for this. I personally haven't done any online racing besides Race A for months, and only A because my ratings are unaffected.
Did notice last night was only 11 entries on red bull ring

Special parts can only be won for cars that can also be won from the roulette, and only cars from Brand Central can be won.
This part is especially ridiculous when you realise that almost every road car has a "Titanium Connecting Rods and Pistons" option in the settings menu, and for some cars, like the Skyline and Supra RZ, you can literally see the option for an Ultra-High RPM Turbo!

I really don't know what goes on in Kaz's head sometimes. S parts need to be unlocked for every car, not just the ones you can earn in roulettes.

Automobilista 2 has it, you should check it out - one of the best PC sims out there.
Is it actually licensed too? Thanks for the info eitherway. But of course, it's the one sim engine my PC cannot run at 60 fps (same goes for the pcars series too since it's the same engine. The CPU requirements are way too high for my piece of crap CPU) which is why I haven't bought it yet. I loved AMS 1 so it's definitely a shame for me.

Maybe I'll upgrade my PC next year.

Sort of seems like that's exactly what they're addressing. All the new events both online and offline have 2-10x the payouts. Seems more or less exactly what people have been asking for in terms of giving them a break from the grind.

Wish those payouts became the norm but we'll see where it goes in the future.
Not exactly something to get over excited about as it will not give people a break from the grind. It wont even equal the current grind. Race A paying out 5x will be about 100k per race, so 300k/hr if you are finishing towards top.

Fantastic ideas with the city layout and snow. May I add more ideas, make the water move around and waves crashing into shore. And make the boats move against the waves. 👍

But be very careful, if they make the menu look too good, I may sit on my coach and stare at it all day and forget about the actual game. 🤣
I worry for your passengers

Hope this is the right thread.

Is the road atlanta 30 minutes worth it?

I just don't get how a 30 minute race with P1 cars is worth less credits then a 25 minute race with GT3 cars? :boggled:

Hope this is the right thread.

Is the road atlanta 30 minutes worth it?

I just don't get how a 30 minute race with P1 cars is worth less credits then a 25 minute race with GT3 cars? :boggled:
We cannot decide if something is worth your time or not. It's objectively not as plentiful credits wise as others, but it stands as a fun event.

Compared to the Le Mans 30 mins? It's not.

Arguably a more difficult race because Wilk starts 40 seconds ahead of you and it doesn't have the almost-guaranteed 50% clean race bonus.
It's worth it for the Gr.1 race. Fast cars, tough track.

I'm jealous of you guys who can find fun in these chase the rabbit races.
Only on tracks I enjoy driving on. That's why I like Nick's suggestion. If it were everywhere i could race it on the tracks i want to, not the ones PD chose for me. It's a moot point though, they won't do it

Raising the prize money 5X in Sport Mode tells me that the amount of people racing online has really fallen off. I don't know if there are publicly available numbers for this. I personally haven't done any online racing besides Race A for months, and only A because my ratings are unaffected.
The trophy for doing one Sport mode race is at 14%.

Are we really getting 400% payout last week for race A, and 600% at the first race in Monza for the sport race this week? Im not really noticing a higher payout or am i wrong. I thought getting 27.000 credits for 7 or 8 place is a race last night was normal. Or am I wrong? Anybody noticed more payout?

update: did some more races, got some more higher places and yes im getting more payout. 100.000 for 2nd place in a race.

Last edited:
How hard can it be to add the 30minute 700pp race to ALL tracks
Why only 700pp? Why not have 30 minute races with equal payouts but allowing different cars suited to the tracks. Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, 800pp, 700pp, 750pp, 650pp etc? Why not a 30 min US muscle car race and a 30 min supercar race? Variety is very much in need in GT7.

Last edited:
The demo races are paying rather good,i made 2.2 million last night winning two races.
You can do two races a night starting Tues(29th) for six straight nights,finish top 3 twice will get you about 1 million per night or more.
For Thurs/Sun nights you can try this strategy for Nations Cup,RH for first 15-16 laps,RM for the next 7-8, RS for final 5-6 laps,paid out 1.3 million with fastest lap and clean. Use RS for Qualifying.
Don't spin out,i used TC 4,lapped the field in 2nd race and i'm in a D-A/B field of drivers.
Lemme know if you win !:cheers:

Well,hope ya'll made some coin tonight.

Race 1 at Fuji, Qual 2nd, finished 2nd, 870k.
Race 2 at Fuji, Qual 1st, finished 1st ,880k, easy and fun 1.7 mill.

PD if your listening, put these type of races in the daily rotation(24/7),45-60 minute races with 2-3-4 pit stops.
I'd be there all day, not for the credits but for the joy of fun racing.
3 different races every 10 days would do it,just like your doing now.
:cheers:

Last edited:
I am just glad to see that selling cars is what I predicted. A dynamic system of prices so that you can invest in legendary cars and sell them later to make a profit. This is why selling cars took a while to develop.
You'll never make a profit buying any car and selling it in GT7. The selling prices are approximately 30-50% of the purchase prices.

I am just glad to see that selling cars is what I predicted. A dynamic system of prices so that you can invest in legendary cars and sell them later to make a profit. This is why selling cars took a while to develop.
No it isn't. The "dynamic system" has already been shown to almost certainly not actually be based on real sales/buying data by players.
By the way if people believe the prices go up and down depending on actual supply and demand, I hope the following 2 screenshot show different. Screenshots are both taken on Sunday Nov 27th so the last 3 days since version 1.26 rolled out “supposedly“ are already with community updates.

View attachment 1211190

View attachment 1211189

No way that Z 432 has been sold so much more than the NSX Gr.B. 😉

So it’s the same as the daily roulette tickets… all rigged 😎

It's most likely just a simple max value and min value they've set for each car with a semi-random algorithm to bounce between those two figures.

As Dave says, the max value will never be more than the sale price. The only exception is if a car sees a huge increase in sales price again like the 911 Strassenversion which went from 3m to 9m to buy. If you bought one at 3m, you would make a small profit. But that's a rare exception.

Why not make the 2 offline races repeatable payouts ? I cant see any reason whatsoever apart from pd being stingy.

Last edited:
Why not make the 2 offline races repeatable payouts ? I cant see any reason whatsoever apart from pd being stingy.
Are they really only a 1 time affair? So basically temporary missions?

PD just get more and more frustrating with every update.

... This is one hell of a copium post lol.

Hopefully you are just misunderstanding, or rather, not understanding how it works.

It's literally a random algorithm with a max resell value of not being anywhere near the price of the car when new.
Prices of all cars so far, from what I've checked since the update was released, have been anywhere between 1/3rd of the price to about 2/3rds (30 to 60% basically, more or less).

I am not that bothered by this, in pretty much the vast majority of games the resale value of anything you sell is always below that of when you buy them. This is specially true for cars in games.

There's only one way to make a profit from this and it's pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, it's when a LCD car (and only LCD cars get this treatment) gets a huge price increase between updates.
The only cases of cars that had this happen for them are the Ferrari F40 and the Porsche 911 Strassenversion, and only the 911 is possible to sell for a profit if you had bought back when it cost 3 million (the car is now 9 million, 3x the price).

This was a very rare exception, not the rule. Any car that costs more than 12-13 million credits, you are never going to profit off of them ever, because they will reach the 20 million cap and 60% (more or less the highest resale value I've seen) of 20 million is 12 million.

Last edited:
I might think his post is sarcasm? Because, it would've been cool to actually make a used car store where people can sell their legendaries to other players.

Why not have 30 minute races with equal payouts but allowing different cars suited to the tracks.
Not only 30min races but 10-15 laps ones too, i prefer them most of the time, because they are faster. The least they could do is a 30 min norschleife race because people like and drive that track so much.

My post was incorrect due to my pure ignorance. I hadn't checked all the values of the cars and just enjoyed making some money from selling them. And I assumed they had created fluctuating prices to allow for a profit. I was wrong.

So thanks for correcting my misunderstanding and also teaching me a new word - Copium.

Every day is a school day!

... This is one hell of a copium post lol.

Hopefully you are just misunderstanding, or rather, not understanding how it works.

It's literally a random algorithm with a max resell value of not being anywhere near the price of the car when new.
Prices of all cars so far, from what I've checked since the update was released, have been anywhere between 1/3rd of the price to about 2/3rds (30 to 60% basically, more or less).

I am not that bothered by this, in pretty much the vast majority of games the resale value of anything you sell is always below that of when you buy them. This is specially true for cars in games.

There's only one way to make a profit from this and it's pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, it's when a LCD car (and only LCD cars get this treatment) gets a huge price increase between updates.
The only cases of cars that had this happen for them are the Ferrari F40 and the Porsche 911 Strassenversion, and only the 911 is possible to sell for a profit if you had bought back when it cost 3 million (the car is now 9 million, 3x the price).

This was a very rare exception, not the rule. Any car that costs more than 12-13 million credits, you are never going to profit off of them ever, because they will reach the 20 million cap and 60% (more or less the highest resale value I've seen) of 20 million is 12 million.
I did see a valuation price of over 14 million for the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe which is 70%.
I'm now at the same stage as GTS,having to buy cars to stay under the cap limit.
Aleast this system is paying alot more than GTS.:cheers:

I did see a valuation price of over 14 million for the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe which is 70%.
I'm now at the same stage as GTS,having to buy cars to stay under the cap limit.
Aleast this system is paying alot more than GTS.:cheers:
Yes, that we get to sell cars for that much, is really good.
Would really like to know the true values for min and max.

I've also seen cars at 25%, like a Gr.3 car at 100k or thereabouts, and Gr.3 cars are 450k (or more in some very specific cases like the Ford GT LM and Aston Martin DB9 GT1 for example).

I'm at the stage where I have to tune cars (with literally all parts from Tuning Shop and GT Auto), buy some more duplicates, and still struggle to stay below the cap limit.
😏

Back