Gran Turismo 7 beta coming soon.

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
England
cssgareth1987
Seen a few posts by a friend on Twitter who's seen a quest on the PS to unlock a beta code for GT7.

I've completed the quest too, and been given a beta code but the codes aren't redeemable yet it seems.

CleanShot 2021-07-12 at 09.54.04.png

We might have lost the footie, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more exciting!

CleanShot 2021-07-12 at 09.57.45.png

I wonder if this will be a 'worldwide' beta demo, hopefully it is, will be interesting to see the game in it's development phase if true.

How was it found? Because the test text makes it seem like, well, a test. The text doesn't say 7 and BETA CODE EARLY!!! doesn't look very Sony/, professional.

Last edited:
It sounds like a scam. The beta code I got was 1234-5678-9012 which definitely suggests otherwise.

For me it says Global but only available in Italy? I'm sure it's just to test the website before they launch the real beta. And I hope if it really comes to PS4 too, let us have a beta too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-112932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210712-112932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Don't believe this to be a scam since it is through the official Sony website. However, it says "TEST", and
Well not a scam, but again, evidently just a test.
Agreed, seems like a test, hence the ... "TEST".

However, this is interesting, and seems like there is a Beta incoming. Gonna keep my eyes open for this. Interestingly this seems to be Italy specific🤔

It's hard to believe this is not a scam, but it genuinely doesn't seem to be... It's just that whoever was in charge of the wording made it look ridiculously unprofessional and scammy. I mean there are emojis ";-)" and the full caps BETA CODE EARLY!!!" honestly just sounds exactly like something a scammer would write.

Anyway, in the quests, the PS+ reward seems to be only for Italy, however, the GT7 thing is global, since availability isn't specified, other than saying it's global, despite being called "Italy Gran Turismo Beta Access".

Maybe it's worth noting it specifies "PS5 only".

Last edited:
Don't believe this to be a scam since it is through the official Sony website. However, it says "TEST", and

Agreed, seems like a test, hence the ... "TEST".

However, this is interesting, and seems like there is a Beta incoming. Gonna keep my eyes open for this. Interestingly this seems to be Italy specific🤔
Well it could go either way. It depends if this was just a generic test of their systems and they chose Gran Turismo at random, or it's a test for a true Gran Turismo beta.

The fact it doesn't even mention 7 has me leaning towards the former personally.

The URL has campaignKey=Italy_0221 which suggests it was created in February 2021, quite some time ago now. Still curious how it was found @Cssgareth ?

Well it could go either way. It depends if this was just a generic test of their systems and they chose Gran Turismo at random, or it's a test for a true Gran Turismo beta.

The fact it doesn't even mention 7 has me leaning towards the former personally.

The URL has campaignKey=Italy_0221 which suggests it was created in February 2021, quite some time ago now. Still curious how it was found @Cssgareth ?

There's a thread on that. Hope that helps!

There's a thread on that. Hope that helps!
Well still not really clear how it was first discovered unless I'm missing something, but thanks.

Anyway looking more, the whole thing seems like one big internal test page/site that isn't meant to be publicly seen. If you click the little dropdown on the age rating for more info it has yet more test/dummy text clearly not intended for the public:

test2.jpg

Then there is stuff like this:

DmckRbe.jpg

How and why all this exists viewable to the public I don't know, but it's clearly all dummy/test content. So the only question that remains is if the GT Beta was used because it is a real future thing, or if it was just randomly chosen for dummy content. Impossible to know, of course.

Last edited:
Well still not really clear how it was first discovered unless I'm missing something, but thanks.

Anyway looking more, the whole thing seems like one big internal test page/site that isn't meant to be publicly seen. If you click the little dropdown on the age rating for more info it has yet more test/dummy text clearly not intended for the public:

View attachment 1067087

Then there is stuff like this:

DmckRbe.jpg

How and why all this exists viewable to the public I don't know, but it's clearly all dummy/test content. So the only question that remains is if the GT Beta was used because it is a real future thing, or if it was just randomly chosen for dummy content. Impossible to know, of course.
There's also a quest for testing out some of the Angular elements of the page. 😂

There's also a quest for testing out some of the Angular elements of the page. 😂
Yup, this is evidently all the work of devs. Which certainly questions whether they have any true knowledge of whether there would be a Gran Turismo beta. My guess is they just used it at random.

I think we're a year away from any possible beta, and even then what would it be for? We're not expecting any major changes to the net code for Sport races and most of the game is going to return to mostly single player.

Someone screwed up with the dev panel perhaps, either way I hope it'll become real soon :)

Got the beta code and I was getting excited about ordering a PS5 finally but it turns out to be a fake.

Will keep waiting.

Looks like someone from Kindergarten wrote "FREE CODE!!1!"
It's just what you usually stick in the codebase when you think nobody else is going to see it. Someone else is paid to write the real copy, so you have to just improvise as a dev to test out what you're doing.

Also from personal experience when you get a bit frustrated you start writing on buttons things like 'this is SUPPOSED to ****ing open in a new window!'. 😋

Last edited:
Is it possible to do the quest without a PS5 like maybe through the Playstation app or website? I know the code doesn't work but as it seems to not be a complete scam I still want to do the steps because maybe it happens to give a real code later and/or is used to gauge interest for a possible beta.

Is it possible to do the quest without a PS5 like maybe through the Playstation app or website? I know the code doesn't work but as it seems to not be a complete scam I still want to do the steps because maybe it happens to give a real code later and/or is used to gauge interest for a possible beta.
If there is a genuine beta this quest is 100% not going to have anything to do with it. As already discussed it's some sort of developer area of the site not intended for public viewing or use, but somehow is.

That said, if you really want to do it just log in on the website linked in the OP.

Seen a few posts by a friend on Twitter who's seen a quest on the PS to unlock a beta code for GT7.

I've completed the quest too, and been given a beta code but the codes aren't redeemable yet it seems.

View attachment 1067069

We might have lost the footie, but this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more exciting!

View attachment 1067070
Soon™ by Kaz standards is 5 years away from now. I think it's safe to assume that there will be a multiplayer beta, given that Sport Mode will still be a big part of the game. They've to test their servers and fix some issues with the multiplayer somehow.

Last edited:
I really hope this beta is a sign of things to come rather than some trivial exercise to "test" an app. There has to be more to it but then again there may not be.

If this is true, this is the one time I'm upset I don't own a PS5. But just like Volgin, "I am a patient man". I do hope this is true and a beta eventually does come. Especially if it allows to see the differences between a PS4 version and PS5 version.

Back