• Thread starter ZEE
  • 126 comments

Do you like this GT7 Box art design?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEE

United Kingdom
Nurburgring, Germany
Good day to all the GTPlanet folks, I am making this thread as people are clearly feeling the need for speed and wish to see some cool ideas expressed for the upcoming Gran Turismo title for the PS5. I made this thread to not interfere with the GT Interface thread in the GT7 forum.

Please find below my contribution and design ideas for the PS5 game and would love some feedback from all forum members, old and new.

Finger crossed, We will hopefully see GT7 next year in 2021 (it's very unlikely GT7 will be a launch title at the PS5 launch whenver we see the console, :lol:).
Please rate my artwork below and like. I look forward to all your great feedback and your own designs also! This thread is open to all. :gtpflag:

GT7 BOX ART PS5 Design by ZEE J v1.jpg

Feeling inspired again, I trudged around the forums and found my old posts.
It's been a while since I came back on the forums, but if you would like to take a trip down memory lane, here some covers from an oldy thread of Gran Turismo 4 box art that inspired me to make the new one!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/box-art-version-2.29632/

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
ZEE
Good day to all the GTPlanet folks, I am making this thread as people are clearly feeling the need for speed and wish to see some cool ideas expressed for the upcoming Gran Turismo title for the PS5. I made this thread to not interfere with the GT Interface thread in the GT7 forum.

Please find below my contribution and design ideas for the PS5 game and would love some feedback from all forum members, old and new.

Finger crossed, We will hopefully see GT7 next year in 2021 (it's very unlikely GT7 will be a launch title at the PS5 launch whenver we see the console, :lol:).
Please rate my artwork below and like. I look forward to all your great feedback and your own designs also! This thread is open to all. :gtpflag:

View attachment 928340

Feeling inspired again, I trudged around the forums and found my old posts.
It's been a while since I came back on the forums, but if you would like to take a trip down memory lane, here some covers from an oldy thread of Gran Turismo 4 box art that inspired me to make the new one!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/box-art-version-2.29632/

Thanks for looking!
I really like it, nice color scheme, and the Supra detail is spot on to me. It has the GT vibe in it.

Last edited:
I really like it, nice color scheme, and the Supra detail is spot on to me. It has the GT vibe in it.

Thank you very much Hallitrd, appreciate all your feedback but would love to see more from other members. I loved your artwork in the GT7 Interface threads and would love to see your designs and more before this supposed June 11th reveal of the PS5, but I am very skeptical at the mo to see GT7 be launched there, hope it's not GT sport A-B-C-Spec. :banghead: :lol:

I did some covers quite a few years ago for GT4, so here's one from me after quite break. Apart from the joke one I posted a hew months ago anyway. ;) :lol: Had to get it finished in case they showed the real thing within the next few days. ;)

View attachment 928852

Very nice redhed17, love the little fiat 500 trundling along on the back cover. My only tiny criticism is not to sticker bomb the front with boring PEGI rating logos and brand logos, I do hate it went PlayStation cases do it, keep it simple Sony will ya. I am pretty sure GT7 will be 8K, not 4k but maybe 4K to run at 60fps stable?

Also, JK Creativeworks thanks for your artwork post, it looks really cool. :cheers:

Last edited:
ZEE
Very nice redhed17, love the little fiat 500 trundling along on the back cover. My only tiny criticism is not to sticker bomb the front with boring PEGI rating logos and brand logos, I do hate it went PlayStation cases do it, keep it simple Sony will ya. I am pretty sure GT7 will be 8K, not 4k but maybe 4K to run at 60fps stable?
Thanks for replying ZEE. My aim is to be a touch realistic, so all the stickers whilst not that attractive, are likely to be similar to what ends up in shops. ;)

I'll stick with 4k HDR for now. It'll do for me as I only have a 4k TV, and will probably never get a 8k TV. ;) Hopefully 4k, with more than, but at least 60fps, is easily achieved by the PS5 rather than 8k with limited usability or fps at 8k. :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem right that other games get Koenigsegg's. ;)

Thanks Redhed17, I really liked Koenigseggs in DriveClub but found the cars very hard to drive in that game, but they were modelled and sounded real good. I am really not sure why they don't have Konigs in GT because they are amazing cars and something that PD is surely lacking from a master car list.

But on the high side, after seeing such cool designs, I burnt the midnight oil yesterday and updated my design ideas for the front cover to fix the incorrect no.7 legibility and tweaked my box art for all of you to see, hopefully this is closer to the final version by PD themselves.:lol:

GT7 BOX ART PS5 Design by ZEE J v4.jpg

Dunno why it looks a bit washed out here but the red really pops on my Mac. I just put super sport for fun to homage GT sport, :P:sly:.
Anyways hope you all enjoy it and bring on the 11th of June!

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Very cool cover design Fikridroid, spec 2 already. 👍 I see you been overly generous in the patches/rewards box on the front side. :P

Just a few constructive criticisms, I noticed the rear cover looks similar to another PlayStation game, GOD of War 3 maybe? Also it's the US version of the template ya used, I prefer to design my cover art for the EU market. I purposely avoided designing the back as they are the most fussiest areas of any game box art design with silly sponsors and way too much info to appreciate the art, hence maybe why I prefer steel-book covers over the plasticky ones. :sly: Also the VR element & awards stickers on the box won't role out until the game gets re-packaged maybe a year or two after it's initial release date, so I would avoid those too.

But overall great effort, lets see some more designs from the community folks.

Wonder what color the cases will be next gen, they usually change each gen right??? A way to differentiate them on store shelves etc

Somebody is either is really good at photoshopping or they printed out a decent looking cover design for that prank! :cheers:

Also I love the Porsche 918 Spyder, is that car in GT Sport? I rarely see it in photos in the game?

Very nostalgic and well done StealthVel, it would be really cool to see if PD could make a feature in GT7 that reminiscent about GT4 as they showed in the trailer for the new menu system. But a very cool update clean design, thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Back