Gran Turismo 7 "Classic Original Course Registration"

How many OG tracks you think are going to appear on GT7?

• Total voters
Brazil
Brazil
wagnerFAM98
Hey GTPlanet! I'm back with a little nostalgic "game". I've collected every original track from GT1 to GT6 and put it into a list to see how many of them will appear on Gran Turismo 7. Basically, whenever a new classic original gets 100% and officially confirmed by Polyphony Digital and GTPlanet, I'll be checking it into this list.

I said it's a little game because you can make predictions and guesses over this list, from which one you think will be the next classic track to be revealed to those you feel are very unlikely to return, so let's take it friendly!

Of course this entire list isn't a prediction or even a confirmation of mine, I'm by no means saying that every track listed here will appear on GT7, we all know that's impossible. The goal here is to see how much of past GT7 will have when it comes to classic original tracks.

All of the original tracks currently on GT Sport are not on this list, including SSRX. As I said before, this list is GT1-6 only.

Got all these GT4 references on that list? That's a point for you!

Grand Valley 0223.jpg

June 11, 2020 - Trial Mountain Circuit confirmed!
September 9, 2021 - High Speed Ring confirmed!
December 3, 2021 - Deep Forest Raceway confirmed!
February 20, 2023 - Grand Valley Speedway confirmed!

Last edited:
The more tracks the better, new or old. It depends a little on how much effort it takes to port a track from GT5/6 to GT7 or if it needs a scratch build.

Trial Mountain suggests scratch builds will be the order of the day but that's not confirmed. Tracks from earlier titles than GT5 will likely need remodelling due to the levels of detail anyway.

But I'd like as many tracks as PD can manage, but we're far less likely to see tracks that haven't appeared since PS1 than those that appeared on PS3. We may see something from the PS2 era but its still unlikely.

I think we will see the proper OGs. Trial Mountain obviously already confirmed, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, Tokyo R246 and SSR5/Clubman R5. All highly requested above all others. Again I dont think its far fetched, they're good at reimagining the content into new games and onto new consoles. I reckon the GT6 models will be in a good enough place to not need hundreds of hours of work to be GT7 and PS5 ready. The new lighting etc will do a lot to give the illusion of more improvement than there is.

What I would like to see additionally, Citta Di Aria, Costa Di Amalfi, El Capitan, Eiger Nordwand, Cape Ring and Grand Canyon.

5-10... just hope that it's not only Trial Mountain (actually hoping more than 10). Also I'm not enthusiastic of the old rally tracks returning, despite them being grouped as the part of the classic tracks that people also want to return. I mainly want GT to implement the real rally, which is point-to-point time trial races. GT5's GT Rally is a step in the right direction. I don't mind the old tracks like Tahiti Maze returning, as long as they implement that kind of rally first (Pikes Peak, that one is a point-to-point and a real track, that one must return).

I also wonder if any of the returning original tracks will be stretched too to fit more than 6 cars on grid.

Last edited:
Some, I think, are redundant. We do not need SuperSpeedway nor the Test Course, especially when we respectively have Northern Isle and Special Stage Route X. (Ideally, I'd like to see the Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway, and I think it's still possible despite the damage from the 2011 earthquake, as PD has modeled historic circuits already with older layouts of Fuji, Monza, and Brands Hatch. I'm sure there's enough data and reference material that it could work - but only if PD really wanted to add it.) That said, I do wonder what will happen when some courses with similar ideas are added alongside each other, like Tokyo Expressway and the Special/Clubman Stage circuits, as they both have this Tokyo highway motif.

Anyway, I really hope that if more original circuits return in GT7, they go the way of Trial Mountain and return with as many changes as needed for better racing, both online and offline. The only exception I can think of is Apricot Hill, which I think is largely fine as-is. But other original circuits will likely need changes, just like real circuits do, as we can easily see with Spa-Francorchamps, Interlagos, and Le Mans. I especially cannot see some circuits, such as the High Speed Ring, staying as they are.

Not to mention that I believe many of these circuits were made around the hardware constraints at the time, including the fact that only six cars could be on the track at the same time during the PS1 and PS2 era. I, for one, welcome any changes that will be needed for better racing, if only for a change of scenery.

My prediction, realistically, is 4-5 original tracks returning. As far as what they'd be, I'll guess Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Tokyo R246 (and Trial Mountain of course)

Some, I think, are redundant. We do not need SuperSpeedway nor the Test Course, especially when we respectively have Northern Isle and Special Stage Route X. (Ideally, I'd like to see the Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway, and I think it's still possible despite the damage from the 2011 earthquake, as PD has modeled historic circuits already with older layouts of Fuji, Monza, and Brands Hatch. I'm sure there's enough data and reference material that it could work - but only if PD really wanted to add it.) That said, I do wonder what will happen when some courses with similar ideas are added alongside each other, like Tokyo Expressway and the Special/Clubman Stage circuits, as they both have this Tokyo highway motif.

Anyway, I really hope that if more original circuits return in GT7, they go the way of Trial Mountain and return with as many changes as needed for better racing, both online and offline. The only exception I can think of is Apricot Hill, which I think is largely fine as-is. But other original circuits will likely need changes, just like real circuits do, as we can easily see with Spa-Francorchamps, Interlagos, and Le Mans. I especially cannot see some circuits, such as the High Speed Ring, staying as they are.

Not to mention that I believe many of these circuits were made around the hardware constraints at the time, including the fact that only six cars could be on the track at the same time during the PS1 and PS2 era. I, for one, welcome any changes that will be needed for better racing, if only for a change of scenery.
You can tell why PD enlarged the scale of the tracks in GT5 to more cars on the track.

Madrid is one of my favorite street circuits. Much wider than Monaco, but it does narrow at the start and end of the circuit. Middle of the circuit opens up for opportunities.

Pit road would need to be lengthened to accommodate more than 16 cars. T1/Final turn may need a rethink. Not really sure if PD would be able to adjust the circuit due to real world layout.

Had good races in seasonals and Lobbys. So, it's still a doable track.

I have a great feeling track list is gonna suck at launch just like GT Sport
your feeling is wrong... I feel like this is something they have been working on.. remember kaz taling about deep forest? it's probably remade just like trial mountain. What would set GT7 apart would be citta di aria and costa di amalfi though

Well, some track in the Swiss Alps must return... I think it will be...

1- Matterhorn

Some non-Japanese street circuits...

2- London (Formula E)
3- Citta di Aria (Formula E)
4- New York
5- Seattle (I doubt some of this because of the jumps)
(I would love Hong Kong to return but I don't think)

Some that look like real-world circuits...

6- Grand Valley Speedway
7- Apricot Hill Raceway

Other very fanciful Trail Mountain style...

8- Deep Forest
9- El Capitan

And...

10- High Speed Ring

Very basic list, after all. ;)

Last edited:
your feeling is wrong... I feel like this is something they have been working on.. remember kaz taling about deep forest? it's probably remade just like trial mountain. What would set GT7 apart would be citta di aria and costa di amalfi though
We have had those feelings so many times crushed, im not surprised castrol96 dont believe PD now.

Do you want to know what Castrol means in czech? :)

The Worst Case scenario is:
All tracks from GT Sport + Daytona and Trial Mountain.

Which already isn't that bad.

And I am pretty sure there will be more tracks.
That'd mean GT7 has less progression than even GT6 with 7 new tracks.

Let's go with 7 classic tracks for GT7 shall we? Counting Trial Mountain as #1....Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill, Tokyo R246, Midfield Raceway and El Capitan.

Outside of Seattle, thats my dream list.

Jerome

We have had those feelings so many times crushed, im not surprised castrol96 dont believe PD now.

Do you want to know what Castrol means in czech? :)

Yeah, more than likely game will have a disappointing launch with 6 new tracks if you look at GT6 but overtime it could become good if they support it like GT Sport. Which if releases this year

I'd rather wait for a launch late next year with probably 15-20 new tracks locations mainly originals plus GT Sport tracks. It is enough time for them to make this game mega rather than having to wait years for dlc.

I feel positive about the car list which was good in GT Sport plus they are outsourcing now possibly get around 500-600 still uncertain with circuits.

I feel very confident in Deep Forest coming to GT7 at launch, the fact that it was even in the GTS code at a time suggests it was already being worked on (Might've been one the first one they began working on) Others I think are coming at launch are High Speed Ring as well as Apricot Hill Raceway and Midfield Raceway, mainly due to how they were the most modern and up-to-date of the classic Original Circuits so the ground work is already there to build upon for next gen.

I'm pretty sure all the courses (original and real) from GT Sport are going to be in GT7. That said, if I had to pick five original courses from each era besides the PS4 era, here's what I'd pick:

PS1/PS2:
-Grand Valley (including variants like Grand Valley East)
-Deep Forest
-Trial Mountain (which is already confirmed)
-Coasta di Amalfi (but remade as a point-to-point rally state - perhaps a hillclimb?)
-Tokyo R246 (Especially if it gets a similar treatment to Trial Mountain.)

PS3:
-Karting Space (Because karts need love, too)
-Circuit de la Sierra (Complete with a revamped Time Rally mode?)
-Cape Ring (I loved how there were just so many variants.)
-Circuito di Roma (It's Rome. Why not? EDIT: I also consider this to be separate from the Rome circuit seen in the PS1/PS2 era.)
-Eiger Nordwand (The short circuit was pretty fun.)

I also think a lot of the city courses could be replaced with real-world street circuits that've been used for Formula E alone, such as Hong Kong and NYC. This is despite the fact that for NYC, the Formula E circuit was in Brooklyn rather than GT4's Manhattan. Nevertheless, I do recall hearing PD wants to add Formula E itself, so I could see some of the respective circuits being added as well.

I also think Seattle Circuit would be terrible for racing, and I think that's even if PD remodeled the circuit alongside the current city roads, as I recall reading that the original layout no longer exists in reality. And hopefully, Cote d'Azur could return, renamed as the official Monaco GP circuit, without needing licensing loopholes.

I think this is also before we get into stuff like the potential return of a course maker, though I'd personally be content with it being left behind. Though if it does return, I'd love to try my hand at recreating various tracks from other videogames in it, maybe even from the likes of Mario Kart or F-Zero, though reinterpreted to be much more appropriate for Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
I think this is also before we get into stuff like the potential return of a course maker, though I'd personally be content with it being left behind. Though if it does return, I'd love to try my hand at recreating various tracks from other videogames in it, maybe even from the likes of Mario Kart or F-Zero, though reinterpreted to be much more appropriate for Gran Turismo.

Instead of this custom course maker i would prefer custom events where I can pick cars and their liveries in grid both in online and offline racing.

The PS3 Rome track was massively inferior to the old one in terms of layout, IMO. The PS3 one was just weird, like they modelled this in great detail:

gran-turismo-5-rome-6.jpg

But because of the way the track goes around it you don't even see it while racing, only photomode. Another bizarre PD choice.

I voted 10 circuits; The original GT had 11, but if we remove Clubman Stage Route 5 and Special Stage Route 11 (I chose to keep Autumn Ring Mini, because of karting missions), then it becomes 9. And I thought all of the 9 original GT circuits will have higher priorities than those added in later games. Seeing that the new GT is "going back to the roots", it might rely on Gen 1 favoritism, although I am totally fine in this case; a race in High Speed Ring or Trial Mountain is always sweet!

That would be great. But I doubt we will get both. It would be too nice :D
Because I don't think custom events take that many time or resource, it just picks anything within the game resource (cars, tracks, lap numbers, etc.) to be used.

Latest Posts

Back