Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
Why do you guys keep responding to shingo? What left is there to discuss?
I would report the posts if you find it to be an issue.

I'd say it was like that for a page or two before I chimed in but whatevs
I'd say it falls in line with exactly how you were posting here, not anything about the thread and trying to play the man instead of the ball. Looking at that thread and your posts there shows as much. Doesn't even make much sense since that page you posted I only had about 3 responses, and was far from the only person in that thread calling out the same stuff that Emula was doing.

Now that you mention it, I was there when that thread became so hostile omg, in fact I remember Emula being banned for some time after that happened lmao
He essentially got banned for what boiled down to trolling and constantly posting lies and falsehoods, berating others because he didn't like getting questioned by mods and the community about the many odd things he's said. Oddly enough, his posting style and way he goes about things very much reminds me of another member in this thread.

If anyone doesnt want to go through 43(!) pages in this thread, many of which does not really add anything to the initial thread contents (based on the title), as far I am aware, it is still NOT confirmed officially whether GT7 is cross-gen or not (unless there was something I missed hidden away on page 24...).

Hopefully that saves someone a few hours of their life going back through this thread... 😉
Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

I'd say it falls in line with exactly how you were posting here, not anything about the thread and trying to play the man instead of the ball. Looking at that thread and your posts there shows as much. Doesn't even make much sense since that page you posted I only had about 3 responses, and was far from the only person in that thread calling out the same stuff that Emula was doing.
You dont say...
And you know there are other pages in that thread, plus other threads he created where I dont know why but there you are and going back to where we had the messages removed was going on for no real reason 😃

You dont say...
And you know there are other pages in that thread, plus other threads he created where I dont know why but there you are and going back to where we had the messages removed was going on for no real reason 😃
Yes, and it doesn't change anything. Ironic to point out people that post and arguing for nothing, then you go on to do exactly that - it's almost like you're oblivious. Yes, at 13,000 posts over 10 years, in one of the forums I'm most active in, you'll likely encounter my posts - it's almost like that would be common sense 🤔.

At this point, all you're doing is trying to troll, all the while not understanding what you're posting against is, ironically, your own actions. The same exact thing you did in the threads you said you were in.

Last edited:
Yes, and it doesn't change anything. Ironic to point out people that post and arguing for nothing, then you go on to do exactly that - it's almost like you're oblivious. Yes, at 13,000 posts over 10 years, in one of the forums I'm most active in, you'll likely encounter my posts - it's almost like that would be common sense 🤔.

At this point, all you're doing is trying to troll, all the while not understanding what you're posting against is, ironically, your own actions. The same exact thing you did in the threads you said you were in.
Its almost like you're missing the point on purpose.. but 13,000 wow you're pretty prolific in adding those comment tally and in no way were you going into those threads to troll Emula not someone with your high post count

Its almost like you're missing the point on purpose.. but 13,000 wow you're pretty prolific in adding those comment tally and in no way were you going into those threads to troll Emula not someone with your high post count
We're now at a level of recursive complaining that Inception can only dream of. Complaining about an argument about a complaint about an argument about a complaint about an argument that someone who was banned for his particular style of arguing about complaints was complaining about.

inception GIF

Enough. If you're not posting about the topic that's at the top of the page or matters connected to it, don't post.

Last edited:
I am just wondering will there be a big gap between PS4 and PS5 version of the game, in game play, visuals, FPS etc...

I am just wondering will there be a big gap between PS4 and PS5 version of the game, in game play, visuals, FPS etc...
Visuals, most likely, yeah - Miles Morales looks incredible on PS5. Could potentially see a 120fps mode too. Gameplay itself probably won’t have any glaring differences as all crossgen releases so far have feature parity

If anyone doesnt want to go through 43(!) pages in this thread, many of which does not really add anything to the initial thread contents (based on the title), as far I am aware, it is still NOT confirmed officially whether GT7 is cross-gen or not (unless there was something I missed hidden away on page 24...).

Hopefully that saves someone a few hours of their life going back through this thread... 😉
Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land
Indeed, we're in the same place we were a month ago. Push Square claiming they received confirmation from Sony PR that it's cross gen, but seemingly nobody else has received that, and Sony have neither confirmed nor denied said supposed confirmation.

Also, I think those awesome rumours of a June Sony event may have been incorrect. Let's see how the July Sony event rumours play out.

Visuals, most likely, yeah - Miles Morales looks incredible on PS5. Could potentially see a 120fps mode too. Gameplay itself probably won’t have any glaring differences as all crossgen releases so far have feature parity
I wonder how they will implement the VR features. PS4 was as basic as one can go and it would be weird if GT7 didnt have a more robust mode, maybe a "only on PS5 mode"
Also they most likely have PSVR2 kits and who know what that will entail for GT7 when it releases.

Well, I sold my PS5 yesterday for more money than what I paid for it. I am going to build a PC to play FH5 which looks amazing. I will even be able to play every GT game up until GT6 and with better graphics than ever thanks to emulators. That's not even piracy because I have bought the games. Goodbye GT7 and Sony with your cross-gen, anti backwards compatibility decisions.👋

Last edited:
Well, I sold my PS5 yesterday for more money than what I paid for it. I am going to build a PC to play FH5 which looks amazing. I will even be able to play every GT game up until GT6 and with better graphics than ever thanks to emulators. That's not even piracy because I have bought the games. Goodbye GT7 and Sony with your cross-gen, anti backwards compatibility decisions.👋
Okay.

You'll be missed, sir.

bj59YgN.gif

British Movie GIF by Pretty Whiskey / Alex Sautter

Ehh, Horizon 5 is Cross-Gen, Too..
And until now, theres no official Announce of GT7 Cross-gen. On Homepage, there still Stands PS5
If That borrows you, you should habe waited until the Next Sony Event probably bringing clarify.

Last edited:
Dude that’s sick so far.
Mate that isn't it🤣 THIS is:

FFWKiXr.png

It's still a work in progress but it has Special Stage Route 5, 7 and 11, High Speed Ring, Cape Ring, Trial Mountain, Midfield Raceway, Deep Forest, Grand Valley and the Complex String which I've made into a proper test facility for car development.

Last edited:
I wasn't one of the types that bought my PS5 purely for GT7 but I can't say I'm not disappointed by this. I want to play true next-gen games and expected one of Sony's oldest and most high profile developers to be a PS5 leader but I guess we should know by now never to expect anything even remotely decent or cutting edge from Polyphony, they're an absolute joke of a studio and have been since GT4 was released.

Wouldn't surprise me if we still have PS2 tracks and standard cars in GT7 just to add the icing on the cake.

Ehh, Horizon 5 is Cross-Gen, Too..
And until now, theres no official Announce of GT7 Cross-gen. On Homepage, there still Stands PS5
If That borrows you, you should habe waited until the Next Sony Event probably bringing clarify.
Well, yes fh5 is also cross-gen but it will also be available on PC which means that it will probably look better and it won't be affected much. Also it will have tons of cars many of which I wish they were in gt games but they aren't.

I feel there are different expectations of Xbox FH fanbase vs PS4/5 GT7 fans.

Most people here are not happy about GT7 being cross gen.

I would imagine most XBox FH fans would be unhappy if FH5 was NOT cross gen. This is a long standing MS thing.

I'll let you think about why XBox people like their stuff being on as many platforms as possible while its the opposite on this side of the pond.

Last edited:
I feel there are different expectations of Xbox FH fanbase vs PS4/5 GT7 fans.

Most people here are not happy about GT7 being cross gen.

I would imagine most XBox FH fans would be unhappy if FH5 was NOT cross gen. This is a long standing MS thing.

I'll let you think about why XBox people like their stuff being on as many platforms as possible while its the opposite on this side of the pond.
Horizon is ok as is, it just need more content and better integration for existing features for next game*. GTS is worst game in franchise according to Metacritic, its oblivious why people don't want GT7 to be crossgen. Also, FMotorsport going all in with next gen and its spicing situation.

* There are some folks not impressed with H5 looks too similar to H4, but looks like they are in minority

While I agree that GT Sport can come across as "the worst", the engine is at least very good so I would not be unhappy if the engine continues as it is across both gens, as is happening,

Probably pointed out multiple times, I guess with GTS going backwards by not offering ToD & adjustable weather, that's rubbed many the wrong way. No doubt the online saving and afterthought GT League, raised hate levels.
Overall, GTS is fine. Had such features been included(let's leave out the argument of PS4 power, etc.), there'd probably be the same arguments about what cars we didn't get, over what the graphics would look like on PS5.

I don'think is a big problem. Is there the possibility to play GT7 on both consoles? That's okay. It is clear that there is a problem with the construction and distribution of PS5, let's not forget there are about 10 million PS4 users playing GT Sport. GT7 is not the first and it won't be the last game for both consoles.

I'm not trying to be overly positive here but the GT Sport engine is absolutely fine.... as long as they add a few things like they did to GT6.

There's a lot of problems with GT Sport and this past gen but the engine isnt one of them.

I'm not trying to be overly positive here but the GT Sport engine is absolutely fine.... as long as they add a few things like they did to GT6.

There's a lot of problems with GT Sport and this past gen but the engine isnt one of them.
As long as they get rid of all these bugs, as the control freeze at start, blackscreen, botched pit exit, or outright crashing the game...

Back