Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

Yep. Just waiting to see that intro. So, Gran Turismo is back, it'll probably start with a view inside an EV.

Electricity flowing, sparking around batteries. Birds chirping while looking at the sun rise at a legacy circuit.

Avatars walking to their seats in the grandstands, flags waving as a few Super GT GT500 and GT300 cars *snap, crackle & popping*, round a bend after braking.

Music building and full on racing begins. Names of cars and pictures of various headlights switch speedily to show what cars are in the game.

Damage, spinning, crashes, crowds standing, cheering, hugging one another.

Drift cars in tandem, leaving a trail of smoke, with a faintness of doof doof background music inbetween the opening theme music.

In-car views, scenery whizzing by. All types of weather clips. Photo flashes in different scenes from nature backgrounds to museum displays.

Intro ends with a classic roadster starting up and driving away into the sunset.

"Gran Turismo 7: The Real Driving Simulator"

Last edited:
I just hope that Gran Turismo 7 won't release at an unrealistic 70 or even 75 bucks. That's almost as much as a Gameboy Advance on its introduction.

I payed a full £65 for GT Sport and it was barebones at launch.

Should've been sold for £25-35

Last edited:
I just hope that Gran Turismo 7 won't release at an unrealistic 70 or even 75 bucks. That's almost as much as a Gameboy Advance on its introduction.
I bet it'll be $70. I wouldn't even mind if it's $70. It's not like I buy games often, anyway - I actually only buy games very rarely. That's not to say I pirate anything, but it's just that I value my time a lot, so I don't simply buy/play every single game that catches my eye. I suppose I have relatively specific tastes, and GT is among them. Though recently, I've definitely been thinking of Star Wars: Squadrons, Metroid: Samus Returns, and the upcoming remaster of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010). As for Star Wars: Squadrons, that'd be the first EA game I had bought/played in nearly a decade.

Last edited:
I don't care what it'll cost. Obviously one of the advantages of only playing one game.

It's a one-off expense, including the console every other iteration, every so many years.

You guys who play lotsa stuff 'though, I feel ya. It's typically been in the $100 -> $120 range here in Australia, and I'd expect the same this time 'round. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it's under $100.

I don't care what it'll cost. Obviously one of the advantages of only playing one game.

It's a one-off expense, including the console every other iteration, every so many years.

You guys who play lotsa stuff 'though, I feel ya. It's typically been in the $100 -> $120 range here in Australia, and I'd expect the same this time 'round. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it's under $100.
Well you could probably get it for $90 at JB Hi Fi.

Cool man; thanks. :cheers:

Traditionally I've bought my consoles and GT from EB Games and prior to that Game. Unless I dreamed it, EB is going out of business or is already gone, so it may "have" to be JB anyway 'cause I like to support local bricks-and-mortar stores.

Last edited:
Still torn over digital or disc for this.

normally I’d go disc all the way for various reasons including being able to sell it on or physically having it long after as memorabilia (still got my other GT’s).

However disc swapping is a bit of a pain and as this will presumably be my most played game digital kind of makes sense

Get the disc version. If you get the digital version, you'll never be able to play the games you bought again if your PSN account ends up banned. Plus, online service will eventually shut down, meaning it will no longer be possible to get games legally. That happened with the PSP Go.

Get the disc version. If you get the digital version, you'll never be able to play the games you bought again if your PSN account ends up banned. Plus, online service will eventually shut down, meaning it will no longer be possible to get games legally. That happened with the PSP Go.

Digital is cheaper and games will be cheaper atleast in my country. But in the end of the day it's not such a big difference. I will be getting the PS5 only for GT7 so.

How many times do people have to say that individual retailers leaving release dates/years on pages is unreliable, especially when Sony/PD have said nothing about the game

Do y’all really think a random goods store will get the release date out there before Sony announce it?

I preordered the Collector's Edition of GT Sport on the PS4 for the same $59.99 price tag I did for the 15th Anniversary Edition of GT6 on PS3 so I don't see how GT7 will sell for more then that as a PS5 title. Hell I'll be shocked if ANY base PS5 title is selling for more then $59.99 (And whatever equivilent in other territories because I'm terrible at Conversions)

Last edited:
How many times do people have to say that individual retailers leaving release dates/years on pages is unreliable, especially when Sony/PD have said nothing about the game

Do y’all really think a random goods store will get the release date out there before Sony announce it?
If I remember correctly from GT5 days, it needs to be said about 15 times per day...

Mid October with no word, no promotion, nothing at all for months, and people still think it could release in 2020? A major first party AAA title?

I think it's safe to say it's not a launch title, but it could be what is considered near-launch if it releases before March 21, which is unlikely to be the plan, but it's not impossible. I think if it had a date in mind we'd have seen it by now if it were with the next few months though.

I cannot think of a benefit in not releasing information until close to release for a AAA title. I can see the sense in it not releasing untilt he console is at least 6 months old and is readilly availalble to the masses and already in a lot of homes.

Last edited:
I preordered the Collector's Edition of GT Sport on the PS4 for the same $59.99 price tag I did for the 15th Anniversary Edition of GT6 on PS3 so I don't see how GT7 will sell for more then that as a PS5 title. Hell I'll be shocked if ANY base PS5 title is selling for more then $59.99 (And whatever equivilent in other territories because I'm terrible at Conversions)
Except that it's actually already been confirmed as a thing. Not for every game, but games are definitely increasing in price next gen.

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70. The first indication of that change came on July 2, with the announcement that this year's "NBA 2K21" will cost $60 for current generation consoles but $70 for next-gen consoles"

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70."

"Then, in mid-September, Sony announced $70 pricing for some PlayStation 5 launch games."

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-game-price-increase-60-70-nba-2k-xbox-ps5-2020-7

"PlayStation 5 games will cost up to $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), Sony has revealed. Alongside pricing and launch date for the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition, Sony announced that its first-party launch titles will cost between $49.99 (about Rs. 3,700) and $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), confirming the dreaded $10 increase that had been incessantly discussed ever since 2K revealed a price increase for NBA 2K21 on PS5 and Xbox Series X. For Sony, the two launch games priced at $70 are Demon's Souls and Destruction All Stars."
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps5-games-price-70-usd-5000-rs-playstation-5-sony-2296629

All this information is a month old.

Mid October with no word, no promotion, nothing at all for months, and people still think it could release in 2020? A major first party AAA title?
BuT tHeY sTiLl HaVe 4 WeEkS, So ThEy StIlL hAvE tImE tO gO gOlD fOr LaUnCh.

Last edited:
Except that it's actually already been confirmed as a thing. Not for every game, but games are definitely increasing in price next gen.

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70. The first indication of that change came on July 2, with the announcement that this year's "NBA 2K21" will cost $60 for current generation consoles but $70 for next-gen consoles"

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70."

"Then, in mid-September, Sony announced $70 pricing for some PlayStation 5 launch games."

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-game-price-increase-60-70-nba-2k-xbox-ps5-2020-7

"PlayStation 5 games will cost up to $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), Sony has revealed. Alongside pricing and launch date for the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition, Sony announced that its first-party launch titles will cost between $49.99 (about Rs. 3,700) and $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), confirming the dreaded $10 increase that had been incessantly discussed ever since 2K revealed a price increase for NBA 2K21 on PS5 and Xbox Series X. For Sony, the two launch games priced at $70 are Demon's Souls and Destruction All Stars."
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps5-games-price-70-usd-5000-rs-playstation-5-sony-2296629

All this information is a month old.

Huh, well darn.

If it is a launch title, seems like there going to the build content like they did with GT Sport which is adding content monthly after release. The concern with this would be career mode which is usually structured around the content that’s already in the game, hard to do with content being added later, this was the problem with GT Sport which felt there was no end result your where trying the achieve.

This is something I hope they address by at least expanding the AI's car selection as the game grows, if not adding new events. I liked that in Forza 4 (no idea if the newer ones do it, but probably so), the AI would use DLC cars if you owned them.

Back