Gran Turismo 7 Could be PlayStation 5 Launch Title, Says Official PS Magazine

Eks
This is something I hope they address by at least expanding the AI's car selection as the game grows, if not adding new events. I liked that in Forza 4 (no idea if the newer ones do it, but probably so), the AI would use DLC cars if you owned them.
I would love the career mode to evolve with DLC for new events, and for the AI to use DLC cars in events they are eligible for. The AI in Forza 7 use DLC cars in some races (not sure if that's free race only or career as well) but there were no new events added to the career. No big loss there though as Forza 7's career is one of it's weak points, the free race is the highlight of that game IMO.

I imagine it'll be a while, especially if they're still working on courses, cars, and so on.

Imagine how long it would take to map out the entirety of the Silk Road as a multi-stage rally course. If it took eight months for PD to map out the Tuscany Rally, I would imagine the Silk Road would take a lot longer.

Except that it's actually already been confirmed as a thing. Not for every game, but games are definitely increasing in price next gen.

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70. The first indication of that change came on July 2, with the announcement that this year's "NBA 2K21" will cost $60 for current generation consoles but $70 for next-gen consoles"

"But for the next-gen consoles PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which launch this November, that standard price is increasing to $70."

"Then, in mid-September, Sony announced $70 pricing for some PlayStation 5 launch games."

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-game-price-increase-60-70-nba-2k-xbox-ps5-2020-7

"PlayStation 5 games will cost up to $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), Sony has revealed. Alongside pricing and launch date for the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition, Sony announced that its first-party launch titles will cost between $49.99 (about Rs. 3,700) and $69.99 (about Rs. 5,200), confirming the dreaded $10 increase that had been incessantly discussed ever since 2K revealed a price increase for NBA 2K21 on PS5 and Xbox Series X. For Sony, the two launch games priced at $70 are Demon's Souls and Destruction All Stars."
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/ps5-games-price-70-usd-5000-rs-playstation-5-sony-2296629

All this information is a month old.

BuT tHeY sTiLl HaVe 4 WeEkS, So ThEy StIlL hAvE tImE tO gO gOlD fOr LaUnCh.

He is talking about 2020 not for mid november :)

Mid October with no word, no promotion, nothing at all for months, and people still think it could release in 2020? A major first party AAA title?

What an obsession about what people think... Let people think whatever they want. :)

Last edited:
He is talking about 2020 not for mid november :)

What an obsession about what people think... Let people think whatever they want. :)
Unless someone has invented mind control without me knowing you can indeed think what you want but this is a discussion forum, so naturally I'm gonna question what your logic or reason is. Is there any logic, or just blind hope?

The mindset seems to be that you're not allowed to have your own opinion it seems, only those that agree with him are. Otherwise, exactly word for word of what he said could be used against him.

Last edited:
So questioning the logic of what a person thinks or what people think is not allowing people to "think what they want to think" now?

Unless someone has invented mind control without me knowing you can indeed think what you want but this is a discussion forum, so naturally I'm gonna question what your logic or reason is. Is there any logic, or just blind hope?
The mindset seems to be that you're not allowed to have your own opinion it seems, only those that agree with him are. Otherwise, exactly word for word of what he said could be used against him.
So questioning the logic of what a person thinks or what people think is not allowing people to "think what they want to think" now?

Some "marketing experts" here make the same mistakes :

- there is only one way of making marketing
- only is valid if it happened in the past
- 2020 is a common year
- ps5 launch is a common console launch
- PD is a common enterprise as how it shows his WIP
- if your opinion doesn't fit usual marketing you are wrong, you have no clue, you are hoping nonsense... and so on

For GT7, PD (or Sony) can follow the usual marketing planning
but they can also make it different and add surprise on their campaign

Surprise factor is a very powerfull element in marketing, don't hope all companies will do the same because that's the best way of lose attention and expectation.
I'm not guessing nor hoping about what they are going to do but what they can do, and they have not to do the same as the basic usual marketing, in time and in method.

All can be questioned, but taking other than "usual marketing" and "usual planning" (a lot more in 2020) as having no clue is ridiculous.

Last edited:
The surprise factor and its inevitable viral nature are precisely what I've been hoping PD / Sony will employ, mate.

The associated hype if it suddenly drops will be off-the-charts. If the usual drawn-out-teaser method were to be employed, there's a risk of burn-out and a loss of enthusiasm from many potential customers.

So, as I keep saying, I remain hopeful, optimistic even, that we'll see it sooner rather than later, and with any luck, late this year. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Y’all pulling off some crazy mental gymnastics to try to prove a game that a game that has only been shown off once in the last 4 months is coming this year

GT is a system seller, and currently Sony’s best selling series overall. Do y’all really think Sony will completely forgo a marketing campaign and surprise announce the game to come out next month or by the end of the year?

I get that people are excited but this is basic common sense at this point

Y’all pulling off some crazy mental gymnastics to try to prove a game that a game that has only been shown off once in the last 4 months is coming this year

GT is a system seller, and currently Sony’s best selling series overall. Do y’all really think Sony will completely forgo a marketing campaign and surprise announce the game to come out next month or by the end of the year?

I get that people are excited but this is basic common sense at this point

Nobody is trying to prove nothing in this side.
Sony doesn't forgot the marketing campaign, it has begun in June and we don't know when it will continue.
Nobody has lost the basic common sense neither.

Yeah...I dunno about that..

There’s been multiple PS5-related events since June. If the game was coming sometime soon, they would’ve provided more info on the game months ago, and they would’ve 100% put a spotlight on the game simply because of how big the series is for Sony/PlayStation

GT7 only appeared in the June event. It’s been radio silence since then. It was even left out of last months event that was explicitly highlighting launch games, and games launching around the first few months of the console. I’m pretty sure Sony wouldn’t purposely leave out such a big title if they intended on releasing the game this year

Nobody is trying to prove nothing in this side.
Sony doesn't forgot the marketing campaign, it has begun in June and we don't know when it will continue.
... and it's not a case of "do we really think that Sony will", as it's been framed, but rather, it's being entertained as a possibility.

Improbable, maybe, but not impossible IMHO.

EDIT:
I hear ya, TS050. You posted 1 minute before I submitted.

Last edited:
Yeah...I dunno about that..

There’s been multiple PS5-related events since June. If the game was coming sometime soon, they would’ve provided more info on the game months ago, and they would’ve 100% put a spotlight on the game simply because of how big the series is for Sony/PlayStation

GT7 only appeared in the June event. It’s been radio silence since then. It was even left out of last months event that was explicitly highlighting launch games, and games launching around the first few months of the console. I’m pretty sure Sony wouldn’t purposely leave out such a big title if they intended on releasing the game this year

The last event, there was no Sackboy and Destruction All Star and.... These games are launch games.

Since June we've had some informations about GT7 and even an update of PlayStation website. So it's not "radio silence".

Be careful, I'm not saying that GT7 will be released this year. I still think the game will be released next year, first half. But I don't find it annoying that some people have little hope.

Some "marketing experts" here make the same mistakes :

- there is only one way of making marketing
- only is valid if it happened in the past
- 2020 is a common year
- ps5 launch is a common console launch
- PD is a common enterprise as how it shows his WIP
- if your opinion doesn't fit usual marketing you are wrong, you have no clue, you are hoping nonsense... and so on

For GT7, PD (or Sony) can follow the usual marketing planning
but they can also make it different and add surprise on their campaign

Surprise factor is a very powerfull element in marketing, don't hope all companies will do the same because that's the best way of lose attention and expectation.
I'm not guessing nor hoping about what they are going to do but what they can do, and they have not to do the same as the basic usual marketing, in time and in method.

All can be questioned, but taking other than "usual marketing" and "usual planning" (a lot more in 2020) as having no clue is ridiculous.
No one is telling other people not to think what they want or to discuss points on here, it's a forum, opposing views are to be exchanged and things are to be discussed.

That's kind of the point of a forum.

As for your other points you tell me when the last time a AAA game was launched as a surprise?

With regards to marketing I actually am heavilly involved in marketing as part of my job, so I hope I know a little bit about how marketing works. Surprise factor can be a powerful tool, but I cannot see how doing that with a AA game launch would be anything but a bad thing for sales figures. If you are so keen on that idea, go and have a look at other AAA games and their launches and you tell me when the last AAA game was released as a surprise and how that actually was organised?

Even surprise launches of other products, like technology, don't usually come completley out of the blue. Their release dates are more often than not announced at a scheduled conference used to promote that particular product, a conference that has received it's own marketing in advance.

Sure Sony can release it as a surprise (although the game going gold would be well known anyway), but you know what they are far more likely to actually do? Follow the science behind the metrics that will maximise sales. Sony can also decide they want to scrap GT7 entirely. PD can decide to make the cars in GT7 flying cars, but I'm pretty sure we know what they will do (or rather won't do) in that regard.

2020 being the unusual year it has been doesn't mean you throw all sense out the window and surprise people with a launch, if anything it should mean the opposite. With more people under economic pressure a surprise launch could have a worse impact than normal.

The last event, there was no Sackboy and Destruction All Star and.... These games are launch games.

That’s true, but in the days following the event both games received big information blowouts from Sony themselves. This hasn’t happened with GT7. We’ve been given very small tidbits of information since the announcement, but it’s mostly nothing that important.

Also, Sackboy and Destruction All-Stars at least appeared in the events sizzle reel near the end, despite not getting an actual spot within the event. GT7 didn’t show up at all.

Yes, hope for 2020 but expect 2023. That is what I'm doing.

Assuming they started developing this after GTS came out

You really think it’s going to take them 6 years to develop this?

Last edited:
No one is telling other people not to think what they want or to discuss points on here, it's a forum, opposing views are to be exchanged and things are to be discussed.

That's kind of the point of a forum.

As for your other points you tell me when the last time a AAA game was launched as a surprise?

With regards to marketing I actually am heavilly involved in marketing as part of my job, so I hope I know a little bit about how marketing works. Surprise factor can be a powerful tool, but I cannot see how doing that with a AA game launch would be anything but a bad thing for sales figures. If you are so keen on that idea, go and have a look at other AAA games and their launches and you tell me when the last AAA game was released as a surprise and how that actually was organised?

Even surprise launches of other products, like technology, don't usually come completley out of the blue. Their release dates are more often than not announced at a scheduled conference used to promote that particular product, a conference that has received it's own marketing in advance.

Sure Sony can release it as a surprise (although the game going gold would be well known anyway), but you know what they are far more likely to actually do? Follow the science behind the metrics that will maximise sales. Sony can also decide they want to scrap GT7 entirely. PD can decide to make the cars in GT7 flying cars, but I'm pretty sure we know what they will do (or rather won't do) in that regard.

2020 being the unusual year it has been doesn't mean you throw all sense out the window and surprise people with a launch, if anything it should mean the opposite. With more people under economic pressure a surprise launch could have a worse impact than normal.

"Launched as a surprise" is not the same concept as using surprise as a factor as I said before.
You get always lost in the nuances and reducing things.

Last edited:
"Launching as a surprise" is not the same concept as using surprise as a factor as I said before.

You get always lost in the nuances and reducting things.
If it's not launching as a surprise then what is the surprise you are speaking of? We already know GT7 is coming, we had that surprise when saw the announcement trailer. They can't surprise us with "GT7 is coming" again. That's done.

They can surprise us with features, cars, tracks etc. But that's not what is being discussed here, the release date is. Announcing a release date "could" be seen as a surprise if it were announced at a time least expected. But that isn't neccessarily surprise marketing and it doesn't mean the announced date will be near and if it is near then you're talking about a surprise launch.

Surprise is a very powerful tool, but we're not talking about delivering on an order earlier than promised, a surprise feature, affiliation or unexpected rewards here, we're talking about a major game release.

I would love for you to answer some of my points, at least once. If you still aren't willing to do that as per the previous occasion, then I have no interest in this as you are clearly not willing to move the discussion forward only argue.

Last edited:
Assuming they started developing this after GTS came out

You really think it’s going to take them 6 years to develop this?
I remember GT HD concept coming out in 2006 and it featured one playable track and a handful of cars. The first and for now only trailer for GT7 came out early this year and it featured one viewable track and a handful of cars.
GT5 came out in 2010, so with those calculations, I may even have my expectations be one year too early.

Last edited:
If it's not launching as a surprise then what is the surprise you are speaking of? We already know GT7 is coming, we had that surprise when saw the announcement trailer. They can't surprise us with "GT7 is coming" again. That's done.

They can surprise us with features, cars, tracks etc. But that's not what is being discussed here, the release date is. Announcing a release date "could" be seen as a surprise if it were announced at a time least expected. But that isn't neccessarily surprise marketing and it doesn't mean the announced date will be near and if it is near then you're talking about a surprise launch.

Surprise is a very powerful tool, but we're not talking about delivering on an order earlier than promised, a surprise feature, affiliation or unexpected rewards here, we're talking about a major game release.

I would love for you to answer some of my points, at least once. If you still aren't willing to do that as per the previous occasion, then I have no interest in this as you are clearly not willing to move the discussion forward only argue.

Easy, with a shorter marketing campaign, giving more information or giving the launch date in a event, continuing the GT7 marketing campaign with the ps5 launch...

There are many options, not only the most usual one.

Last edited:
I remember GT HD concept coming out in 2006 and it featured one playable track and a handful of cars. The first and for now only trailer for GT7 came out early this year and it featured one viewable track and a handful of cars.
GT5 came out in 2010, so with those calculations, I may even have my expectations be one year too early.

Including delays, on average GT games release every 3/4 years. GT5 is the outlier.

There’s various reasons why GT5 took so long to come out. Kaz and feature creep, the PS3 being horrible to develop on, random delays, etc.

We’ve heard from various sources that the PS5 is very easy to develop on, and the game is clearly using some of GT Sport’s assets to speed development up - kinda don’t see how they’ll be developing this for another 3 years unless something overwhelmingly negative happens in the development of this game

Last edited:
Easy, with a shorter marketing campaign, giving more information or giving the launch date in a event, continuing the GT7 marketing campaign with the ps5 launch...

There are many options, not only the most usual one.
None this is unusual though, although a shorter marketing campaign is not likeley (though definition of "shorter" is highly subjective), it's not a surprise either. Release dates are regularly revealed at events too, that's quite normal. When you talk about surprise this not what I think, none of this is surprising or unusual in any way.

If this is all you're saying, that's fine.

Including delays, on average GT games release every 3/4 years. GT5 is the outlier.

There’s various reasons why GT5 took so long to come out. Kaz and feature creep, the PS3 being horrible to develop on, random delays, etc.

We’ve heard from various sources that the PS5 is very easy to develop on, and the game is clearly using some of GT Sport’s assets to speed development up - kinda don’t see how they’ll be developing this for another 3 years unless something overwhelmingly negative happens in the development of this game
That may be correct and I hope it is. It is hard for me to expect much right now given how little of the game has been seen so far. However long it does end up taking to get released, I do both hope and expect that it will be worth the wait.

None this is unusual though, although a shorter marketing campaign is not likeley (though definition of "shorter" is highly subjective), it's not a surprise either. Release dates are regularly revealed at events too, that's quite normal. When you talk about surprise this not what I think, none of this is surprising or unusual in any way.

If this is all you're saying, that's fine.

The surprise factor can be when it's not at the usual timing or with the typical dates planning.

Not only what but also when.

Last edited:
The surprise factor can be when it's not at the usual timing or with the typical dates planning.

Not only what but also when.
There are no usual dates, you don't see an announcement trailer followed up by another trailer on 6 months with every title for example. It's all planned, but it's not tied to pre-set schedule dictated by past releases.

What you will see is a build up of information closer to a games release, when you get long lulls without informaton that's because they don't want to drive the hype up too early and dimish the impact of later announcements. It's all controlled and it's all deliberate.

I think we'll get the release date at least 3 months before release, it's certainly isn't a launch game like a lot of people thought it would be.

Last edited:
There are no usual dates, you don't see an announcement trailer followed up by another trailer on 6 months with every title for example. It's all planned, but it's not tied to pre-set schedule dictated by past releases.

What you will see is a build up of information closer to a games release, when you get long lulls without informaton that's because they don't want to drive the hype up too early and dimish the impact of later announcements. It's all controlled and it's all deliberate.

I think we'll get the release date at least 3 months before release, it's certainly isn't a launch game like a lot of people thought it would be.

PD marketing is not as controlled and as deliberate as in other games.

I didn't say usual dates , but usual planning and timing.

An example with unusual timing or planning could be : Giving the GT7 launch date (15 december for example) the day PS5 launches (I'm not guessing nor hoping, only giving an example).

An example with unusual timing or planning could be : Giving the GT7 launch date (15 december for example) the day PS5 launches (I'm not guessing nor hoping, only giving an example).
It's very controlled, it's controlled by Sony.

My mention of dates is in the same context as you're mention of tiimng, no need to get bogged down in semantics.

Yes I agree with that, announcing the release date the day the PS5 launches would be unusual but it could happen. We could start to see GT7 news ramp up in December, we just don't know, but whenever it is that we start to recieve that news will be planned well in advance.

What is unusual about PD marketing? They announce an initial release date 6+ months away, give a big blowout of info as they do then promote it up to release. It usually gets delayed, but that's also very common.

Anyway there is an obvious factor here you're missing. Pre orders. The pre order business is huge these days,ccompanies want you to be able to do it as soon as possible and are throwing more and more incentives out to do so. It allows them to judge demand and make adjustments based on it. Why would they miss out on the usual 6+ months of pre orders just for some pointless surprise factor? They could be selling thousands of copies right now, but instead people are spending their cash on others titles.

AAA games do not release within 60 days of their initial release date announcement, and with only the same amount of promotion. You can keep claiming precedent doesnt matter all you like but it exists for a reason.They just don't. Keep hoping and dreaming all you want, but GT7 is not releasing in 2020.

Last edited:
Back