Gran Turismo 7 Could Double GT Sport's Photo Scape Locations

Will they all be taken by somebody sitting down? And be pointing towards the sun?
Haha. Looks like I’m not the only one looking for scapes with full sun facing the car (meaning behind the point of view of the camera). I guess it’s much harder to compute flares and such versus dimmer light and facing the sun?
I guess it’s impossible practically but it would be awesome if we could change time of day and weather to better chose illumination.

I'm guessing more photos from track location that we didn't get in GT Sport: Mount Panorama, Brand's Hatch, Tsukuba, Willow Springs, Catalunya, Suzuka, Goodwood, Red Bull Ring, Interlagos.

Also, wondering, if since they shot at New Zealand, they'd have shot in Sydney and Melbourne.

Aside from picture location, probably also take advantage of the previous pros in its first iteration? Where you get real generated locations to use as photo.

This is the exactly the compete absence of sense we've come to expect from PD.

Sport Mode revolves around the same 3 tracks every week as an admission there isn't enough of them, and yet they double down on focusing on scapes.

No-one looked at GT Sport and thought to themselves 'of all the shortcomings of this game that GT7 needs to fix, its needing to increase the scapes from 1500 to 3000'.

How many players even use more than 30 scape locations in the game? 1%? Wasteful overkill.

They could've hired another track modeler at least with what they're investing in scapes. That's something PD actually needs.

Last edited:
If this is a good news, then I'd call a miracle the fact that Polyphony Digital could have doubled the size of their track locations to make long distance tracks or even open world road networks.

Of course I'm ironic because Gran Turismo 7 needs to revolutionise the franchise.

That's really not the prime piece of news I need for that game.

I really hope we can place more than 3 cars this time...

Ooh yes, I'd like that too.

Larger locations to shoot a wider amount of cars.

For instance in GT Sport I've spent a week and a half making replica liveries of the Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick Martini on every single Porsche car I could own but couldn't put them all in the same picture.

However scapes is far from being a prime feature in the game, they could mess up that feature and make the rest of the game unbelievably good I wouldn't care.

Ooh yes, I'd like that too.

Larger locations to shoot a wider amount of cars.

For instance in GT Sport I've spent a week and a half making replica liveries of the Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick Martini on every single Porsche car I could own but couldn't put them all in the same picture.

However scapes is far from being a prime feature in the game, they could mess up that feature and make the rest of the game unbelievably good I wouldn't care.
There is clearly enough space in many of the existing locations for more cars to be placed

Well I don't care about more scapes if the game's economy is still bad, penalty system is still bad, car roaster is still limited, offline career is still limited, duplicates are still there, unbreakable fences in rally stages are still there, unrealistic collisions physics are still there, button for clutch is still not there...

...the list goes on and on...

Last edited:
This is the exactly the compete absence of sense we've come to expect from PD.

Sport Mode revolves around the same 3 tracks every week as an admission there isn't enough of them, and yet they double down on focusing on scapes.

No-one looked at GT Sport and thought to themselves 'of all the shortcomings of this game that GT7 needs to fix, its needing to increase the scapes from 1500 to 3000'.

How many players even use more than 30 scape locations in the game? 1%? Wasteful overkill.

They could've hired another track modeler at least with what they're investing in scapes. That's something PD actually needs.
I disagree, Gran Turismo is so much more than just the racing side of things.
GT always has primarily been about the cars.
A huge amount of people play the game yet hardly ever race. They are either creating liveries or photographing the cars or both.
GT has literally turned some players into fans of particular vehicles, brands or even whole genres of cars and not just through racing or driving them.

Taking amazing lifelike photos and sharing the content across social media is great brand exposure. The manufacturers themselves have come to see the value in this.
Sure, more cars and tracks are welcomed and needed, especially on the track front but don’t underestimate the number of people taking advantage of this ground breaking part of the game. Giving them extra content is just as important as new content for what you use the game for.

Last edited:
I expect more locations in Switzerland (especially alpine villages like Mürren, Zermatt and the Lauterbrunnen Valley). Plus, the return of Lucerne from GT5 in its true form.

I also expect Canada to debut, with the town of Banff, Moraine Lake and the Lake Louise.

I don't think the photographer is in charge of your sport mode shenanigans. Might wanna take those complaints elsewhere.

That's the impression I get with some of these complaints. I get PD makes oddball decisions, but to make complaints that already seem to make far reaching assumptions when we still don't have a solid grasp on the full game including its release date (for a console that itself still doesn't have a confirmed release date) is just getting rediculous.

Working on them for 5 years and there are more to come. Unless PD photographers are given special concessions to travel outside Japan today, that might be a bit tricky.

Only way, would be if they have photographers based overseas. Or is this something PD can contract out as well?

Back