Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,541 comments
I'm beginning to wonder howuch they work on these engine swaps. My RX-8 breaks away even under full auto drive, yet for some reason I find the DeLorean quite tame as long as I use a little finesse.
If the Amuse is as good as ya'll say, I can't wait for another LS7 to put in it. The DeLorean makes good use of it IMO.
But this is coming from the guy who won relatively early at Tokyo with a 26B RX-7.
I also got hold of a C6 engine yesterday, I had them deliver it straight into the nearest Trans Am.
Tires? What's that?
I love the LS9 Trans-Am. It's such a cool car but is let down by the oil crisis era engine, but that beautiful LS9 fixes that, and it sounds soooooo good 🤤. Makes me proud AF to be American even though I ain't 🤣.

Got the Ford GT test car engine wondering if I should chuck it in the focus or keep it incase something else to drop it in shows up.

On another note we need a bonanza again. Missing engines makes me hurt.
I'll sit on mine for years waiting for a GT40 MK1 swap, lol. Well, anything other than a Focus... A swap into the new GT would be nice as well, then we'd have a proper V8 GT

Hmmmm, I managed to tune it! I had to think a bit outside of the box and I'm still making some corrections, but as I said before, the aero on the S2000 has so much potential that after a good tune, this thing is crazy good. I've gotten a 6:14 on Nordshleife so far and a 1:48 on Tokyo East Clockwise (making only 340 on the long straight). It eats corners, brakes in an instant and listens to you like a child. No need for any assistance either.

For me, it's the best sleeper car so far. You can compete against every road car, Group 3 and even sometimes Group 2 in corners and smoke them. The acceleration is exceptional as well (thanks to unlimited grip), so corner exits in the S2000 look like you've enabled some kind of cheat code :P

The one thing is that you need to drive it more like a racing car and keep in mind that the aero is pushing so much air at all times that if you're in line, there is no way to correct it by steering. To rotate a bit more in corners, it's best to actually tap the brakes a bit and the S2000 magically finds its line again.

This tune is good enough. i messed up some setting yesterday, but i think it's all fixed. I mainly focus on suspension and aero, not an expert on differential so maybe you guys can find better settings.
If you want S2000 to add more under/oversteering play with "Toe Angle". When braking from top speed make shure you driving in a straight line, you can change braking balance as well.

Have fun :) pls share if you find some better settings ;P

View attachment 1220479View attachment 1220480
Thanks @jesko14 !

I going to try this one! i'll let you know :):)

For all the naysayers, it's possible to win WTC 800 events with the engine swapped DeLorean. The key is to focus on stability and grip at the expense of power and stay below 730 PP. I took off all the bolt on HP upgrades and set the power output to 70, then put on the best suspension, tires, brakes, etc. It actually handled really well!
If you run it up to 800, you'll be hitting 210+ MPH on the straights. Maybe you need that at St Croix, but not Spa or Sardegna. You can't keep it on the road with that much power going to the wheels. The burnouts will rival those of the first movie and the DeLorean WILL fly again!

Last edited:
It's nice we got an engine swap for the older Abarth 500, but I still want to see a swap for the more typical Fiat 500 from the 60s, if only because the Mini Cooper S '65 and the Volkswagen Beetle 1200 got one. Maybe we could see a Ferrari engine become compatible? Perhaps a Dodge or Alfa Romeo engine could also be an option, for that Fiat-Chrysler connection.

Last edited:
It's nice we got an engine swap for the older Abarth 500, but I still want to see a swap for the more typical Fiat 500 from the 60s, if only because the Mini Cooper S '65 and the Volkswagen Beetle 1200 got one. Maybe we could see a Ferrari engine become compatible? Perhaps a Dodge or Alfa Romeo engine could also be an option, for that Fiat-Chrysler connection.
I wanna see what its apparent ultra-high turbo option does for it instead. If PD ever let us earn it, that is.

Thanks @jesko14 !

I going to try this one! i'll let you know :):)
Np. Give it a few laps to adjust, driving style of this rocket, is kinda wicked :D

BTW What happend to rullette ? I did not get any part nor engine for 40+ days now :( This system is so lame

Edit: so after all the waiting finally i got a part from rullette....duck my luck....:D

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-11 o 00.32.34.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-11 o 00.32.34.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Np. Give it a few laps to adjust, driving style of this rocket, is kinda wicked :D

BTW What happend to rullette ? I did not get any part nor engine for 40+ days now :( This system is so lame :D
Snagged a NSX 17 high lift camshaft S off a ticket yesterday. Also have stage 5 weight reduction.

Anyone seen titanium rods or ultra turbo for that car? Currently 893hp curious if anyone is higher.

Snagged a NSX 17 high lift camshaft S off a ticket yesterday. Also have stage 5 weight reduction.

Anyone seen titanium rods or ultra turbo for that car? Currently 893hp curious if anyone is higher.
I've got a fully decked out NSX. S cams, titanium conrods, Stage 5 weight, carbon propshaft, the whole lot. 934 HP.
I think the low or medium turbos actually give better performance than the high-RPM one.

Just had a realisation. The reason why the Escudo-swapped Evo sucks so bad is that the Escudo's ridiculous powerband doesn't accommodate for cars with few gears - unless you wanna top out at, like, 150 mph.

But imagine an Escudo-swapped car with lots of gears.   Imagine something like the new Z or LC500 Escudo-swapped, cars with 9 and 10 gears. Imagine an Escudo-swapped CVT! Literal constant max power! That thing would be a beast!

My new GT7 dream is an Escudo-swapped Prius or Aqua!

Last edited:
Just had a realisation. The reason why the Escudo-swapped Evo sucks so bad is that the Escudo's ridiculous powerband doesn't accommodate for cars with few gears - unless you wanna top out at 150 mph.

But imagine an Escudo-swapped car with lots of gears.   Imagine something like the new Z or LC500 Escudo-swapped, cars with 9 and 10 gears. Imagine an Escudo-swapped CVT! Literal constant max power! That thing would be a beast!

My new GT7 dream is an Escudo-swapped Prius or Aqua!
Not a problem if you tune it right
FmM7rDTWAAISf9k.jpg

Not a problem if you tune it right
View attachment 1222120
This is a pic of an evo doing 182mph...?

What exactly is this photo supposed to prove...?

If you're sharing how "it's tuned right", a video showing you taking off and going through the gears would do it more justice. If you dont wanna share the sheet, then-

show us "your tune" in action, a photo proves nothing. 😉

If you're sharing how "it's tuned right", a video showing you taking off and going through the gears would do it more justice. If you dont wanna share the sheet, then-

There are polite ways to ask for a tune and then there’s you,

So no, Go figure it out yourself then, go read a book/webpage or a YT video explaining tuning

As to what it proves, well a escudo swapped evo isn’t topping out at 150mph as per the post I quoted,

Last edited:
There are polite ways to ask for a tune and then there’s you,

So no, Go figure it out yourself then, go read a book/webpage or a YT video explaining tuning

As to what it proves, well a escudo swapped evo isn’t topping out at 150mph as per the post I quoted,
I dont want the tune. We all know it tops out more than 150. I just wanted to see lag free video. My point WAS THAT A screenshot does not prove anything about a tune reducing turbo lag. Calm down pikachu- 🤣

I dont want the tune. We all know it tops out more than 150. I just wanted to see lag free video. My point WAS THAT A screenshot does not prove anything about a tune reducing turbo lag. Calm down pikachu- 🤣
Ahh moving the goal posts now are we...
Post was about:
The reason why the Escudo-swapped Evo sucks so bad is that the Escudo's ridiculous powerband doesn't accommodate for cars with few gears - unless you wanna top out at 150 mph.
But anyway here's this video of the gearing I've just made to go 0-200mph, where's the ridiculous power band again?

Ahh moving the goal posts now are we...
Post was about:

But anyway here's this video of the gearing I've just made to go 0-200mph, where's the ridiculous power band again?

Let's not turn this into an argument. My "150 mph" point was a joke, I'm well aware that it can go way above that.
But it's a fact that the Escudo's powerband is ridiculous, and not well-suited for the Evo, which only has 5 gears.
Meanwhile, a car with lots of gears, or even a CVT, could utilise its power way better.

I don't remember this much drama for any other GT game, haha. But seriously I can't even race in the lobbies anymore unless it's my room. I get kicked out of every room for "cheating". 2 decades+ of sim racing and tuning. Apparently being good is cheating, lol.

Smile boys and have fun smoking noobs!
We are all here to help each other. (So I thought) Alot of long time community members, (some us over a decade)
Some people take it way too seriously.

This mechanism is new the title, and polyphunky gives us 0 information about it. EVERY person that visits this thread come here to find helpful tips and learn from others experiences. And yes, lobbies are still a mess. If your not bop racing it's role playing and fake traffic everywhere..

Just had a realisation. The reason why the Escudo-swapped Evo sucks so bad is that the Escudo's ridiculous powerband doesn't accommodate for cars with few gears - unless you wanna top out at, like, 150 mph.
Yep, thats why i turned mine into a 1/4 car. A Tsukuba time attack car could be an option too, been thinking about trying that and this has just reminded me.

where's the ridiculous power band again?
The ridiculous power band is apparant every time you change gear where the car barely accelerates for a second. Don't get me wrong, you seem to have done a good enough job here for what you're working with, but the fact still remains that the powerband is NARROW AF, then theres transient turbo lag to add to that too. As he said, more gears would work sooooo much better with this engine, whereas something like a Chevy LT5 would be absolutely fine with a 5 speed.

Olympic swimming pool powerband beats waterfall shaped powerband 🤣

We are all here to help each other. (So I thought) Alot of long time community members, (some us over a decade)
Some people take it way too seriously.

EVERY person that visits this thread come here to find helpful tips and learn from others experiences. And yes, lobbies are still a mess. If your not bop racing it's role playing and fake traffic everywhere..
Why would anyone want to share or help others out if they're met with sass such as yours:

Nothing about this makes someone want to share their experiences with you.

This mechanism is new the title, and polyphunky gives us 0 information about it.
Have you tried this:

Additionally YT videos in there hundreds spanning from GT2 to GT7 speak about gearbox tuning and the principles are still the same even back to GT2.

Ya'll going on about a powerband... Tune it to fit jeez have a longer final gear to extend it and have the ratios close enough so the gear lands in the powerband, doesn't need more gears, needs know how on tuning but I guess it's easier to complain than research yourselves

Why would anyone want to share or help others out if they're met with sass such as yours:

Nothing about this makes someone want to share their experiences with you.

Additionally YT videos in there hundreds spanning from GT2 to GT7 speak about gearbox tuning and the principles are still the same even back to GT2.

Ya'll going on about a powerband... Tune it to fit jeez have a longer final gear to extend it and have the ratios close enough so the gear lands in the powerband, doesn't need more gears, needs know how on tuning but I guess it's easier to complain than research yourselves
hyperspeed:" Lets not turn this into an argument"
YOU READ PAST THAT POST AND NOW..

I said poly gives us no information "about engine swap mechanism" (as in which vehicle compatible)
and you refer me to beyond apex.

I work at a dealership, I dont need tuning help.

Sorry if you got offended, We all know escudo does more than 150.
(His name is hyperspeed ffs...)

Your first response was a screenshot:
" it does if you tune it right"....
(Nice response to such a contributing member)

"Hey, that thing moves once you get it right, took me forever, good luck!" -(not share tune)
-Or-
"Hey, pm me, I have one I am working on-(share tune)

I will now ignore.
Ps- Alex put me on ignore please 🙏

--BACK TO ENGINE SWAP COMPATIBILITY--

Last edited:
I work at a dealership, I dont need tuning help.
Oh ok good for you but doesn't actually mean you know what you're doing, you could be the janitor at the dealership for all I know,
Could ask you the same for some "Legendary" tunes then
Sorry if you got offended, We all know escudo does more than 150.
(His name is hyperspeed ffs...)
Not offended, pointing out inaccuracies.
additionally what does someone's username have to do with a car's top speed I have no idea... again reaching here
Your first response was a screenshot:
" it does if you tune it right"....
(Nice response to such a contributing member)
Sorry what was I supposed to contribute here? I was stating the inaccuracy about the car's limited top speed.
"Hey, that thing moves once you get it right, took me forever, good luck!" -(not share tune)
-Or-
"Hey, pm me, I have one I am working on-(share tune)
Again why would I share a tune with you with that sassy message post of yours.

Sounds like you're playing a tiny violin and moving goal posts around.

Last edited:
You can tune a gearbox around an engine having a power band peakier than Pikes Peak but you can't fix the powerband itself. Think there was a full blown breakdown in communication.

Back to the actual thread, what's the maximum power output of the Hellcat engine?

You can tune a gearbox around an engine having a power band peakier than Pikes Peak but you can't fix the powerband itself. Think there was a full blown breakdown in communication.

Back to the actual thread, what's the maximum power output of the Hellcat engine?
My Hellcat is currently sat at 999hp with the Titanium Pistons added, but around 950hp without them. 👍

Back