Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
Heads up, anyone with a K-swapped Abarth.

Much like the fabled Brappuccino of old, you can pit this thing against speed-limited Tomahawks at Route X, for about 41k per lap, or 62k with the CRB. With one lap in the Abarth taking about 5 minutes properly tuned, you can earn around 750,000 credits per hour, just for racing in a straight line.
A stable k swap abarth? Whats that? 🤣🤣

The only way I can get it slightly stable is without all weight reduction. And the roll over factor is hilarious. The fact that Ai cannot roll, makes for some goofy custom races against the abarth swaps!

Haven't nessed with abarth much, having too much fun with jeep, I may have to bug you for a nice abarth set-up! I have been lazy and using tomahawk x and just do 2 laps on time trial, which yields only my ticket rewards, and not race rewards.

Used to do one 700pp 30 min lesarthe a day, but even that has gotten tedious, with lack of content and unstable online play, its daily and I'm out!!!

Last edited:

The only way I can get it slightly stable is without all weight reduction. And the roll over factor is hilarious. The fact that Ai cannot roll, makes for some goofy custom races against the abarth swaps!

Haven't nessed with abarth much, having too much fun with jeep, I may have to bug you for a nice abarth set-up! I have been lazy and using tomahawk x and just do 2 laps on time trial, which yields only my ticket rewards, and not race rewards.

Used to do one 700pp 30 min lesarthe a day, but even that has gotten tedious, with lack of content and unstable online play, its daily and I'm out!!!
Well, I hate to be that guy, but it's... "not a problem if you tune it right". 🤣🤣🤣 just kidding.

My tune still wheelies like a madman, and loves to hop on the banked turns, but at least it doesn't seem to roll over. Tops out around 245, but I know it could go higher if the damn front would just stay on the ground.

I'll have to try the Jeep From Hell as well. Haven't messed around with it that much.

Well, I hate to be that guy, but it's... "not a problem if you tune it right". 🤣🤣🤣 just kidding.

My tune still wheelies like a madman, and loves to hop on the banked turns, but at least it doesn't seem to roll over. Tops out around 245, but I know it could go higher if the damn front would just stay on the ground.

I'll have to try the Jeep From Hell as well. Haven't messed around with it that much.
The Hellcat Jeep is surprisingly alright. I tried it with the stock hellcat engine, CS tyres and a custom transmission and nothing else; it was pretty underiveable. SS tyres, suspension, LSD and Torque diff made it fairly decent, won the Hypercar parade at Trial Mountain fairly easily. I've now gone full dumb-dumb with RS tyres and 950bhp and it's still a bit crazy but not as bad as you'd think. Porsche Beetle is still much worse.

I'd imagine some ballast in the front and max rear downforce, low front downforce might help a little.

stock vs swapped 4wd hatch challenge at Tokyo 600.
all swapped are faster.

#2 no stop (others are 1 stop)
#4 & #6 on sports medium (others are sports hard)
4wdhatch.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE ON THE ABARTH GRIND:

The Jeep from Hell pays out the exact same as the Abarth on Route X, but while it's a lot more stable, the top speed is far too lacking to be viable.

The Hellcat Jeep is surprisingly alright. I tried it with the stock hellcat engine, CS tyres and a custom transmission and nothing else; it was pretty underiveable. SS tyres, suspension, LSD and Torque diff made it fairly decent, won the Hypercar parade at Trial Mountain fairly easily. I've now gone full dumb-dumb with RS tyres and 950bhp and it's still a bit crazy but not as bad as you'd think. Porsche Beetle is still much worse.

I'd imagine some ballast in the front and max rear downforce, low front downforce might help a little.
On the right track here fellas. I have had a load of fun and good results racing Nordshleife historic sports and turbo sports / WTC600 events in the k swap Abarth with tunes on Sport Softs. Tuning out the wheelies is pretty easy with suspension, adding ballast helps balance the car and reduce roll over tendancy. I also run lots of toe. If you get too aggressive swinging the wheel or hitting curbs of course you can still tip it over sideways.

It's seems less worthwhile to me to get an enjoyable setup on Racing tyres. I tried tuning for the Deep Forest WTC700 on RH and while it feels relatively stable for the first few corners it tips over quite easily through the essess, even with no weight redux and maximum ballast. Might be ok on a more wide open track - may yet give LeMans a go but expect the chicanes and 90 degree right handers will be problematic. EDIT actually it's not that bad at DF with maxed out front camber (1m39s lap during WTC700 race), just a bit thirsty for LeMans, and still not very competitive.

Examples attached.
P.S. also included a drift setup - it's a handful but it works! Search showcase 'Demented Mini drift trial replay' ;)
P.P.S trail braking helps stop roll overs, avoid coasting in turns.
P.P.P.S have since installed increased body rigidity and so far it has improved the Nordshleife tune, would recommend.

Attachments

• k-Abarth Nordshliefe (a).jpeg
    k-Abarth Nordshliefe (a).jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 19
  • k-Abarth Nordshliefe (b).jpeg
    k-Abarth Nordshliefe (b).jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20
  • k-Abarth Nordshliefe (c).jpeg
    k-Abarth Nordshliefe (c).jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
  • K-Abarth Tokyo East.jpeg
    K-Abarth Tokyo East.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 21
  • k-Abarth drift (1).jpeg
    k-Abarth drift (1).jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 17
  • k-Abarth drift (2).jpeg
    k-Abarth drift (2).jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • K-Abarth WTC700 Deep Forest v2.jpeg
    K-Abarth WTC700 Deep Forest v2.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Examples attached.
P.S. also included a drift setup - it's a handful but it works! Search 'Demented Mini drift trial replay' ;)
thats awesome! If only I could connect.. seems to be network error this evening.

Np-104602-3.

Edit-
Tested at 633mb dload, 35k up, finally connected, but 1 person every lobby, some room names "server messed up".
Guess its single player night.
20230117_210948.jpg

9 Pages of rooms with 1 person, open search fields.

Last edited:
On the right track here fellas. I have had a load of fun and good results racing Nordshleife historic sports and turbo sports / WTC600 events in the k swap Abarth with tunes on Sport Softs. Tuning out the wheelies is pretty easy with suspension, adding ballast helps balance the car and reduce roll over tendancy. I also run lots of toe. If you get too aggressive swinging the wheel or hitting curbs of course you can still tip it over sideways.

It's seems less worthwhile to me to get an enjoyable setup on Racing tyres. I tried tuning for the Deep Forest WTC700 on RH and while it feels relatively stable for the first few corners it tips over quite easily through the essess, even with no weight redux and maximum ballast. Might be ok on a more wide open track - may yet give LeMans a go but expect the chicanes and 90 degree right handers will be problematic. EDIT actually it's not that bad at DF with maxed out front camber (1m39s lap during WTC700 race), just a bit thirsty for LeMans, and still not very competitive.

Examples attached.
P.S. also included a drift setup - it's a handful but it works! Search showcase 'Demented Mini drift trial replay' ;)
P.P.S trail braking helps stop roll overs, avoid coasting in turns.
Just watched that replay, it was fire 🔥

thats awesome! If only I could connect.. seems to be network error this evening.

Np-104602-3.

Edit-
Tested at 633mb dload, 35k up, finally connected, but 1 person every lobby, some room names "server messed up".
Guess its single player night.

9 Pages of rooms with 1 person, open search fields.
What does this have to do with Engine Swaps?

I got an engine ticket for my daily mileage.
It gave me the Voodoo engine.
I know it goes into the Roadster, but is it a worthy swap?
I also know there's an update due, so there might be a new car it goes into.

p78
I got an engine ticket for my daily mileage.
It gave me the Voodoo engine.
I know it goes into the Roadster, but is it a worthy swap?
I also know there's an update due, so there might be a new car it goes into.

The Roadster swap is fun but I’d hold on to the engine for now - update should be coming next week so you may as well wait and see what’s new, plus you may want to keep an unmodified Roadster as they haven’t been available to buy for many months.

Won a Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) last night, two days after buying one... So I dropped in the Nismo GT500 engine I had waiting for it. Looking forward to giving that a run at Tokyo tonight. Anyone got a good tune for it??

Won a Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) last night, two days after buying one... So I dropped in the Nismo GT500 engine I had waiting for it. Looking forward to giving that a run at Tokyo tonight. Anyone got a good tune for it??
Congrats, I've got this on my second account and I love it.
Praiano recently published a tune for the swap, it is rather good, I love it!
Fuel consumption is really good for Le Mans.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13924804
Before that, I used his 'normal' Z34 tune and it worked really well too.

Last edited:
Congrats, I've got this on my second account and I love it.
Praiano recently published a tune for the swap, it is rather good, I love it!
Fuel consumption is really good for Le Mans.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13924804
Before that, I used his 'normal' Z34 tune and it worked really well too.
Thank you! I'll give that a run at 600PP for Tokyo tonight and see how I get on! It's mainly the suspension and diff settings I use from his tunes, then adjust the gears for the track...

So, the roulette gifts me 500k Cr. Thought it’d be cute to buy two Abarths and swap one engine to take a pic of the different engine. Fail.
View attachment 1224398

Why bother, when they don’t even model the engine?
They’d have probably needed to have actually had access to (or built themselves) a functional build, I don’t think PD takes engines and other parts out when scanning/modeling cars. I’d love a noticeable visual difference too but I really don’t know how they’d do it outside extremely specific real world swap combos that they might have access to. They have offices in Japan, LA, and UK, and have/had an audio guy in western WA, so they’d need a vehicle in those specific spots, or send out a team to where the car is to model something extremely specific that won’t even result in an entirely new vehicle being introduced to the game.

Last edited:
They’d have probably needed to have actually had access to (or built themselves) a functional build, I don’t think PD takes engines and other parts out when scanning/modeling cars. I’d love a noticeable visual difference too but I really don’t know how they’d do it outside extremely specific real world swap combos that they might have access to. They have offices in Japan, LA, and UK, and have/had an audio guy in western WA, so they’d need a vehicle in those specific spots, or send out a team to where the car is to model something extremely specific that won’t even result in an entirely new vehicle being introduced to the game.
I can see the same thing with a visible engine like the Enzo/F40 swap. At least it’s still a Ferrari engine. But at the least, the “ABARTH” should delete.

I've got the Audi pikes peak engine and apparently goes in a golf, wtf?
Anyone tried it?

Also the Aventador, VK45DEGTR, LS7 Rampage, LT1 Corvette, LT5 Corvette and the K20 CI civic.
The Aventador sounds fun in the Countach. Anyone tried any of these and can tell me what they are like?
Thanks in advance.
I missed the glitch and pray to Jebus every day for a 787b engine.

Last edited:
So, the roulette gifts me 500k Cr. Thought it’d be cute to buy two Abarths and swap one engine to take a pic of the different engine. Fail.

Why bother, when they don’t even model the engine?
Did you upgrade both, because the left one is the swapped one i'm guessing, seeing the exhaust?

Having platinumed the game, and spent about 300 hours in it, I got my first (and only) engine roulette win a few days ago from a random 5-star daily marathon reward.

It was of course an engine I already had from the glitch days, but there you go, don't give up hope!, maybe in another year or so I'll get another one, fun fun!

I've got the Audi pikes peak engine and apparently goes in a golf, wtf?
Anyone tried it?

Also the Aventador, VK45DEGTR, LS7 Rampage, LT1 Corvette, LT5 Corvette and the K20 CI civic.
The Aventador sounds fun in the Countach. Anyone tried any of these and can tell me what they are like?
Thanks in advance.
I missed the glitch and pray to Jebus every day for a 787b engine.

The LS7 swapped DeLorean is a handful but can win WTC 800 events.
The 26B engine pushes an RX-7 faster than an RX-8 but it's more difficult to tune and control the RX-7. All three cars that can use it will get incredible gas mileage with it.
I used the one Civic engine I got on a '65 Mini Cooper. It wins that Clubman race easily but isn't useful for much else.

Back