Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,510 comments
Do you actually know the roll chance of getting one? It could be 1/1000 or 1/25 roulettes, nobody really knows how rare it is right? All I know is quite a few people have already obtained more than one engine swap in the first 2-3 days the game has been out, so to me, it really can't be THAT rare that you would never get one. I imagine that chances are you will have a decent handful of engine swaps once you complete single player.
No one knows.

Perhaps this thread could also be used for other "secret" tuning parts only available through the roulette? So far I've seen a Carbon Driveshaft and Weight Reduction Stage 5 in streams.
Caught another part in Tidgney's stream: Stroke Up S. So if there are extra-rare ways to get extra power...

It's less that it's the 787B one in my mind, more that it's a 4 rotor engine (I know it lists it as from the 787B, but still).

I know a guy building a billet 4 rotor at the mo, so stands to reason the game is kinda offering that instead of the actual 787B engine.

I'm wondering if they'd ever add engines to the list that are from cars that aren't actually in game...? For example the 20B from the eunos Cosmo...
No way, that would be too much work for just an engine

just pulled this gem today. looks like i can put it in a miata and suprisingly a corvette.
GT7.jpg

I think you own a separate part for the Corvette, i don't think the engine is applicable to it.
your right, i have ceramic brakes for that car. its a little though because when i click on the miata to install the engine it says"your car is compatible" but then says you dont have any parts. not sure if im missing something or what.

Sharing this on behalf of my buddy who just scored this beauty. Can you say ... Family
I also never narc'd on nobody.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit in the Miata, or Nissan S-Chassis.

Last edited:
your right, i have ceramic brakes for that car. its a little though because when i click on the miata to install the engine it says"your car is compatible" but then says you dont have any parts. not sure if im missing something or what.
It's a bad menu. It just means that you are currently in the Miata. Don't know why it does that but that's the reason.

No way, that would be too much work for just an engine
It is just an engine though.

I think it would be a fun feature for PD to add the engines for upcoming DLC cars to the roulette before they're actually finished.

I guarantee there are at least 50 on the go right now, and it's not the data entry, physics or sound design step that takes 6 months, it's the modeling.

Once the car is added to the game, and as others have already suggested, purchasing a new engine should go into your tuning parts list, not the car directly. That way you can choose what to do with it, but it actually costs a sensible amount for the car / engine in question. Also, you'll need to own the car to get an engine to be able to swap in the first place (unless it comes up on the roulette), so rarity is preserved in all the right places.

Last edited:
It would be cool if everyone that have win an engine swap, could share it's current level and cafe menu number.

I've win 1 engine, 13B rotary. I'm currently at collector level 16 and i'm at the 31 menu book.

Since I'm in this level, my 2 last daily workout were 4 star and featured engine swap. Didn't win an other one sadly.

Is the daily workout star level is random or it match the current level from the last one you've win in the café menu ?

If it do match the last café menu roulette we've won, we could simply do the daily workout and have 20% chance a day to win an engine swap...

Maybe I'm wrong tho !

EDIT: I'm totally wrong ! Just won a 1 star daily ticket.

Last edited:
It is just an engine though.

I think it would be a fun feature for PD to add the engines for upcoming DLC cars to the roulette before they're actually finished.

I guarantee there are at least 50 on the go right now, and it's not the data entry, physics or sound design step that takes 6 months, it's the modeling.

Once the car is added to the game, and as others have already suggested, purchasing a new engine should go into your tuning parts list, not the car directly. That way you can choose what to do with it, but it actually costs a sensible amount for the car / engine in question. Also, you'll need to own the car to get an engine to be able to swap in the first place (unless it comes up on the roulette), so rarity is preserved in all the right places.
i dont see polyphony adding just an engine, tbh

It would be cool if everyone that have win an engine swap, could share it's current level and cafe menu number.

I've win 1 engine, 13B rotary. I'm currently at collector level 16 and i'm at the 31 menu book.

Since I'm in this level, my 2 last daily workout were 4 star and featured engine swap. Didn't win an other one sadly.

Is the daily workout star level is random or it match the current level from the last one you've win in the café menu ?

If it do match the last café menu roulette we've won, we could simply do the daily workout and have 20% chance a day to win an engine swap...

Maybe I'm wrong tho !
I've completed all menu books and i'm at collector's level 32 but still no engine for me and i don't get roulette tickets apart of the daily workout...

If it's going to be tied to luck at least offer more ways to earn tickets, trade in a duplicate car for a ticket, rarity based on vehicle price. Earn them as championship rewards, seasonal events etc.

What are the current ways to earn roulette tickets?

Caution !! not sure if its a major bug on something I did but,

I Had a Samba Bus with an Porsche engine swap, I did some setup changes on it and notice my rims has default back to original rims - I went to GT auto the change my rims back. After I change my rims, I lost my engine swap with no way to recover it ??

I would hold out in swapping engines, if this is in fact a bug.

I saw my first engine on a 4-Star ticket last night (along with some form of weight reduction, a 650S GT3 and a Lamborghini invitation) but only won 5,000 credits.

Do all the engines use the VR38 from the GTR as a generic icon?

Last edited:
Caution !! not sure if its a major bug on something I did but,

I Had a Samba Bus with an Porsche engine swap, I did some setup changes on it and notice my rims has default back to original rims - I went to GT auto the change my rims back. After I change my rims, I lost my engine swap with no way to recover it ??

I would hold out in swapping engines, if this is in fact a bug.
Similar thing happened to me as well but just wheels not engine swap because the car didnt had an engine swap. Deleting the settings sheet seems to also revert those parts to default for some reason. Beware.

Last edited:
Back