Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
Cross brand engine swaps, I kind of hate them. Recently FH5 gotten a Mustang SVO added, the only gasoline V8 you could swap was a Corvette LS engine, not the Ford Mustang 5.8L V8, but you were allowed you to install a Ford Diesel V8 :grumpy:. Another good example would be the Jeep Gladiator, only engine you could install was a "Chevy" 7.4L Racing V8, no Dodge Viper 8.4L V10 and no Dodge Demon 6.2L V8, what a let down modern Forza.

IMHO Forza Motorsport 3 to Forza Horizon 1 had the best engine swaps in the series. In FM3, you could install a Boss 429 V8 engine into a Ford Mustang Cobra R and you could install a Big Block 540 HEMI into the Dodge Ram SRT10. You guys will like this, In Forza Horizon 1, you could install the Honda NSX V6 into a Honda S2000.

Cross brand engine swaps, I kind of hate them. Recently FH5 gotten a Mustang SVO added, the only gasoline V8 you could swap was a Corvette LS engine, not the Ford Mustang 5.8L V8, but you were allowed you to install a Ford Diesel V8 :grumpy:. Another good example would be the Jeep Gladiator, only engine you could install was a "Chevy" 7.4L Racing V8, no Dodge Viper 8.4L V10 and no Dodge Demon 6.2L V8, what a let down modern Forza.
I don't think cross-brand itself is so much of an issue as is the devs having no imagination whatsoever and just defaulting to a few set options with no real context. It's as phoned in as the rest of the game is.

Also pretty sure the Racing V8 is a Ford engine, not sure.

Last edited:
I spotted this on a YouTube video talking about the state of engine swaps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-06 005930.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-06 005930.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I think in this list, the car's name for the compartible engines should be written too (there are obvious ones like Supra or 787B, but not for the Porsche one).

Oh dang, this might dash my hopes of recreating the Marc Mazda V8. Oh well, maybe next time.

Do we know if any of the Gr. cars will even support engine swaps? Picking up the game tomorrow, so I'm just working with what's available right now.

Last edited:
Why would you swap a worse engine into the A90?
Fun, curiosity, uniqueness. I don't know if PD has modelled engine weight but maybe light weight builds etc.

Although given how bare-bones and underdeveloped the engine swaps are I would be surprised if they are that modelled and thought out.

Fun, curiosity, uniqueness. I don't know if PD has modelled engine weight but maybe light weight builds etc.

Although given how bare-bones and underdeveloped the engine swaps are I would be surprised if they are that modelled and thought out.
They have modelled in the weight difference.

What happens to the original engine after the swap?, Would it be added to our inventory to potentially use in another car?

What happens to the original engine after the swap?, Would it be added to our inventory to potentially use in another car?
Doubt it.

I’m also pretty sure it reverts when you request a new engine from the shop later on

Last edited:
As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far. Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Chevrolet

LT1-Corvette - unknown

Dodge
Hellcat-Charger - Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Ford
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang - unknown

Mazda
R26B-787B - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02

Porsche
M96/76-Porsche-'01 - Volkswagen 1200 '66
M64/03-911 - Volkswagen 1200 '66, Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Toyota
2JZ-GTE-Supra - Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
The 13B REW RX-7 engine is compatible with Eunos (NA) Roadster '89. Tried the RX-8 to no avail and currently don't have any other RX-7's to try swapping it into. Tried a few M3's, Silvia's, Z's, and none are compatible, though my collection is pretty sparse at this point. Will update if I find another car this engine can be swapped into.

NOT compatible with Roadster Touring Car and that is one I thought would work for sure.

Last edited:
I am glad that GT7 seems to have more finesse with its engine swaps compared to forza where you can seemingly swap anything into anything, and they are just generic engine layouts.
now imagine every single engine from the carlist is available for swaps, that would also help guys like me who mostly only drive old cars, so know we would have the chance to hear different engine noises while not needing to drive modern cars
@Famine I’ve now got a few more cars in the garage and I did a full sweep and only two compatible so far with the Coyote Engine.

No surprise both are Fords.

View attachment 1120604View attachment 1120605
in the 2015 mustang it goes as a replacement, not a swap per se

in the 2015 mustang it goes as a replacement, not a swap per se

You know the Mustang GT already comes with that engine right? Look at your screenshot buddy.
I know, however these are the cars that show up as compatible (that I own so far). I thought it better for completeness that we cover all bases. You can guarantee someone will win one and then go a buy a new engine at some point.

The 13B REW RX-7 engine is compatible with Eunos (NA) Roadster '89. Tried the RX-8 to no avail and currently don't have any other RX-7's to try swapping it into. Tried a few M3's, Silvia's, Z's, and none are compatible, though my collection is pretty sparse at this point. Will update if I find another car this engine can be swapped into.

NOT compatible with Roadster Touring Car and that is one I thought would work for sure.
This makes me sad and angry. Why TF can't you put an REW in an RX-8?! I've been in a real one with an REW in it FFS

This makes me sad and angry. Why TF can't you put an REW in an RX-8?! I've been in a real one with an REW in it FFS
Yeah that one disappointed me as well. The system seems to just be thrown together with little thought or logic involved.

Back