Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,477 comments
so wait, they put 2 S13s and none comes with the sr20det? god damn
I know this really bothers me they didn't do the 1991 Silvia K's instead of 1990. At least the engine swap is an option, hopefully they make them where you can buy instead of pure luck of roulette.

I know this really bothers me they didn't do the 1991 Silvia K's instead of 1990. At least the engine swap is an option, hopefully they make them where you can buy instead of pure luck of roulette.
its just stupid, i can understand having the early model because of the bitone painting, but cmon, the my91 is special because of the sr20det!

and the superhicas at a lesser extend

its just stupid, i can understand having the early model because of the bitone painting, but cmon, the my91 is special because of the sr20det!

and the superhicas at a lesser extend
The 91 is special to me because I actually have one imported here in the states. 2-tone white and gold with 70k kilometres. But that was why I got a 91 K's was because of the SR20DET being factory.

Yes, you can, but if real life is anything to go by, an REW would produce more power at peak. In addition to that, it's art imitating life. I own an RX8 and the aim is to eventually plop an REW in it, so being able to do that in game as well would be great
I think that can be easy fixed in a update.. let’s hope PD heard these ideas.💡

Yes, you can, but if real life is anything to go by, an REW would produce more power at peak. In addition to that, it's art imitating life. I own an RX8 and the aim is to eventually plop an REW in it, so being able to do that in game as well would be great
Perhaps, but for the purposes of a game, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

So far, the other engine swaps seem to be following the pattern of putting a newer (or larger) engine into the older cars. This goes in direct contradiction of that and the benefits aren't as clear to someone who isn't into rotaries. Might be approaching a slippery slope by saying this but perhaps some things are just a little too nerdy.

I've heard the facelift RX-8s are also a lot less ******. Is there any truth to that at all?

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far. Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Chevrolet

LT1-Corvette - unknown

Dodge
Hellcat-Charger - Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Ford
Coyote-5.0L-Mustang - Ford Mustang GT '15, Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

Honda
K20C1-Civic-'20 - Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98

Mazda
13B-REW-RX-7 - Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
R26B-787B - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02

Nissan
SR20DET-Silvia - Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90

Porsche
M96/76-Porsche-'01 - Volkswagen 1200 '66
M64/03-911 - Volkswagen 1200 '66, Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Toyota
2JZ-GTE-Supra - Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
Nice list already

Awesome thread, thank you @Famine!
All the swaps except the 2JZ into S15 are logical and to be expected. I especially love the madness of swapping the 787B engine into an RX-7, like whaaaat :embarrassed:

It's equally frustrating and exciting... Will make it quite special to begin with encountering people with engine swaps online. So far I've had 2 come up on the roulette... I had the cash option both times, in fact I've only ever not had money once. What luck!

This is simply amazing. Thought it wasn’t going to be in the game. RX-7 your be in my garage soon😊
Thats not the problem. The problem is, to get the particular engine just by "luck". This price roulette thing remembers me on the player roulette with 5-Star agent in PES. You could be lucky to get a black ball (world class player) player, but you might have just bad luck and get a white ball (weakest players) player... same here :(

Thats not the problem. The problem is, to get the particular engine just by "luck". This price roulette thing remembers me on the player roulette with 5-Star agent in PES. You could be lucky to get a black ball (world class player) player, but you might have just bad luck and get a white ball (weakest players) player... same here :(
If it was the other way round, and engine swaps were as easy as changing paint, there would be a lot more complaints IMO. I think some people just don't want to work for things.

If it was the other way round, and engine swaps were as easy as changing paint, there would be a lot more complaints IMO. I think some people just don't want to work for things.
*work for a small chance for things

I think there should be a way to legitimately work for it.

What I would like to see is weekly menus that have engine swap roulettes at the end.

Think of engines being tied to the roulette wheel as the same kind of luck as donor cars becoming available in real life, by way of accident or buying a whole car to use the parts. Most of these engines are not crate engines, just waiting to be bought. Adds an element of luck and timing to a swap, as in real life.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with winning them from the roulette if the roulette itself wasn't rigged towards almost always giving you the worst award.
I hope there is more than only luck in the wheel.. i have seen in other games by rewards by “luck” that the change to get the best gun/part grows by everytime you spin the wheel (in this case).

So by example first spin motor change is 1% you dont win it, second spin change is 2% etc… (by example!)

VXR
Think of engines being tied to the roulette wheel as the same kind of luck as donor cars becoming available in real life, by way of accident or buying a whole car to use the parts. Most of these engines are crate engines, just waiting to be bought. Adds an element of luck and timing to a swap, as in real life.
That is a bad example because for 20+ years you can easily go online and buy any engine you want and have it delivered to you for $600 to $5000. Those places have pics of pallets lined with engines.

Honestly, one of the most anticipated features is locked by some luck game, this has to be changed ASAP, same goes for some other modifications, like weight reduction, and some specific engine parts...

And on top of all, rulette based possibility to buy some of the cars in game that revolves around car collection... Didn't expect this low blow from Kaz and his team...

Well, it can be fixed two ways:

1. when the player buys a new engine for his/her car, the previous engine becomes available to swap into another car (engine in it's stock form). The player still payed for it, when he bought the new engine, so it's not exactly given.

2. make engine exclusive roulettes. A roulette that has always 5 engines, so you are guaranteed one. How frequent would this roulettes show up, I don't know, but either by challenges or a specific daily mileage (let's say, 5 times the distance of the daily workout).

From what we've seen, we can't get V12s on everything, so there's no risk of there being a meta engine for every car or whatever.

VXR
Think of engines being tied to the roulette wheel as the same kind of luck as donor cars becoming available in real life, by way of accident or buying a whole car to use the parts. Most of these engines are crate engines, just waiting to be bought. Adds an element of luck and timing to a swap, as in real life.
Maybe they should implement engine swaps/replacements into the UCD, every now and then a 'donor car' or something could pop up for a limited time.

Or referencing what you said about buying a whole car to use parts, perhaps the ability to buy a car and take it's engine but sacrifice the rest of it to do so.

Whilst I do kind of agree with the notion that it should be a rarity and stuff, at the moment they way the roulette system is, it just isn't really able to shine as a feature for those who want to use. Stands to reason you could never even see an engine to win nevermind actually win one.

Awesome thread, thank you @Famine!
All the swaps except the 2JZ into S15 are logical and to be expected. I especially love the madness of swapping the 787B engine into an RX-7, like whaaaat :embarrassed:

Not just the madness of it, the idea that there are unexploded 787B engines just lying around :lol:

Very curious to see if these race engines have more customization options than they typically would in their donor cars.

Not just the madness of it, the idea that there are unexploded 787B engines just lying around :lol:

Very curious to see if these race engines have more customization options than they typically would in their donor cars.
It's less that it's the 787B one in my mind, more that it's a 4 rotor engine (I know it lists it as from the 787B, but still).

I know a guy building a billet 4 rotor at the mo, so stands to reason the game is kinda offering that instead of the actual 787B engine.

I'm wondering if they'd ever add engines to the list that are from cars that aren't actually in game...? For example the 20B from the eunos Cosmo...

Stands to reason you could never even see an engine to win nevermind actually win one.
Do you actually know the roll chance of getting one? It could be 1/1000 or 1/25 roulettes, nobody really knows how rare it is right? All I know is quite a few people have already obtained more than one engine swap in the first 2-3 days the game has been out, so to me, it really can't be THAT rare that you would never get one. I imagine that chances are you will have a decent handful of engine swaps once you complete single player.

Back