Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,505 comments
Hi guys I just got the LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) engine and I have the following compatible cars for it.

Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94

With the engine swap they all are under 600pp so which car would benefit the most from this engine swap?

Last edited:
I got the NSX GT500 engine and it’s a handful fully modded up in the 02 NSX trying to do high speed runs is like the car is on ice after 230mph it just loses all stability

Hi guys I just got the LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1) engine and I have the following compatible cars for it.

Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16
Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94

With the engine swap they all are under 600pp so which car would benefit the most from this engine swap?
The C3 stingray is the way to go. Praiano’s tune for this is one of my favorite swapped cars.

I got the NSX GT500 engine and it’s a handful fully modded up in the 02 NSX trying to do high speed runs is like the car is on ice after 230mph it just loses all stability
Here here, I got it in the 92 nsx. Bambi on ice coming out of corners. I'm almost there though in getting it right. Just have to be mega cautious on the acceleration.

A few pages back there was some talk about Focus RS swapped with the GT engine. Since PD took away my 13B Cappuccino Tokyo grind (way too stressful now with all the lapping and instant clean race bonus vanishing act), Focus "GT" at Le Mans is now my official money grinder. Since I am more into H pattern anyways, this build is with full custom manual gearbox and as such, meant for proper clutch-heel-toe fun. Sarthe and this is also a pretty nice combo for practicing heel-and-toe, btw.

This is a super easy drive with no worries for the changing weather at Le Mans, where it can without any stress make it to the end of lap 7 in under 30 minutes with one pit stop. My strategy is start with fuel map 1, pit end of 3rd lap, then fuel map 3 to the finish, racing intermediates (fresh set at pit) the whole way through regardless of weather (allows for very aggressive engine tuning under 700pp). Tire wear not a problem, some short shifting after pit to get through four laps with FM3. If want to be super safe, fuel map 4 after pit.

So a guaranteed 825k in exactly half an hour while having fun, and some variation from run to run because of the weather patterns. For now, not feeling so bad for Tokyo being lost.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221208122610.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221208122633.jpg

Edit: Minor ballast glitch will enable full power and a bit less understeery behavior:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20221208153113.jpg

Last edited:
The C3 stingray is the way to go. Praiano’s tune for this is one of my favorite swapped cars.
The tune by Praiano with the LT5 is the Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 and not the stingray C3 '69.
I think he named it wrong by mistake. When you're opening the pics you see it's the Convertible and not the stingray.

The tune by Praiano with the LT5 is the Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 and not the stingray C3 '69.
I think he named it wrong by mistake. When you're opening the pics you see it's the Convertible and not the stingray.
You are correct it’s the convertible. The LT5 engine swap & tune can be used for both ‘69 Vettes. I’ve got them both and can’t tell much of a difference.

I don't think I can bring myself to swap the V6 from the NSXs with the 4 cylinder GT500 engine. Onto the Amuse S2000 it goes.
I’d like to drop it in the Sierra though. The Sierras without the turbo were low in power, but this max 422bhp ain’t cuttin’ it, when the real cars have 520-680hp. I still love them though.

I don't think I can bring myself to swap the V6 from the NSXs with the 4 cylinder GT500 engine. Onto the Amuse S2000 it goes.
Exactly! Also, the only tune that works is to set up the NSX on stilts. It looks really funny on replay. But on the other hand, the times that the NSX cracks on any track are ridiculous.

Back to the S2000. The history of the car itself is very interesting. It's the last creation of Tanabe-san (who died before the car was finished), and it's supposed to be the ultimate time attack car, the best S2000 you could build.

An interesting read about the Amuse S2000 can be found here [link to article]

I've been testing it for a few days and so far it seems like it's one of the most unique swaps so far. I'm trying to get everything from this car but I feel like I can get more out of it and it can be even faster. But the speed depends more on your skills on the corners than on the pure power of the car.

First of all, its maximum speed is really low - on the Nordschleife, for example, you get a maximum of 320 km/h. But you accelerate like a madman. The S2000 is glued to the road so full power is transmitted to the wheels at all times. Next, you can attack corners like a Group 2 car, but when you lose the angle and aero, you're dead. Your brakes are so strong that you use 70-80% most of the time, so the car doesn't lock itself.

Last is the aero. Sometimes when the tires just can't hold the car anymore in a corner, the aero makes the car jump into the correct line. This behavior is so crazy, and it makes me drive this car lap after lap. The S2000 is a pure fun generator.
Time attack-wise, I think it can get around 6 minutes on the Nordschleife, maybe even lower. I got 6:20 but I'm a casual driver and I made so many mistakes.

In short, this swap turns an okay car into a proper racing monster. I don't think we've had a swap like this before. Sardegna 800PP is so easy in this car. You can lap everybody. What blew me away was that the S2000 can drive even when the tires are 100% red. lol.

I’d like to drop it in the Sierra though. The Sierras without the turbo were low in power, but this max 422bhp ain’t cuttin’ it, when the real cars have 520-680hp. I still love them though.
Yeah it's a joke how they capped most of the cars full power. MK4 Supra and the Skyline GTRs for example. Maybe we need a Ford Focus RS engine for the Sierra.

Yeah it's a joke how they capped most of the cars full power. MK4 Supra and the Skyline GTRs for example. Maybe we need a Ford Focus RS engine for the Sierra.
I have a feeling that if we could access special parts for the Skylines and Supra, their power numbers would skyrocket. Consider how the ultra turbos for the RX-7 and Veyron add around 100 HP over the high-RPM turbo.

Last edited:

I have a feeling that if we could access special parts for the R34 and Supra, their power numbers would skyrocket. Consider how the ultra turbos for the RX-7 and Veyron add around 100 HP over the high-RPM turbo.
True, on both counts. Well, we’ll see what happens next update. We did get a swap for the S14.

Nope. If it's an ultra-high turbo, that only applies to the stock RX-7 engine (the 13B) and not the R26B you can swap into it. So I'd recommend getting two RX-7s and using one part on each.
I’m really glad I saw this first, had no idea the turbo is matted strictly to the original engine, that’s a bummer.
Im in a similar situation and hoping for any recommendations/advice… Once again I have found info on similar tunes but from previous updates, I’m not sure if any stats have been changed.

Once again, thanks in advance for any contribution, you all have been very helpful.

I have
  • 787b motor
  • Ultra High Turbo for Rx7
  • Weight Stage 5 for Rx7

Info for another question:
-Stage 5 drops stock car by 617lbs (2800lbs to 2183lbs)
-Swap adds 46lbs, with stage 4 saves 560lbs (2846 to 2286)

Does stage 5 really only save 57lbs more than stage 4?
Ie. does it drop by a fixed amount or percentage based on the initial weight?

Possibilities

1) 787b into an RX8 & Save the Turbo + Weight Reduction for RX7

2) 787b into an RX7 & Install the Turbo + Weight Reduction into a 2nd Rx7

3) 787b & Weight Reduction into an RX7 & InstallTurbo into a 2nd RX7

Anyone have thoughts/suggestions?

I’m really glad I saw this first, had no idea the turbo is matted strictly to the original engine, that’s a bummer.
Im in a similar situation and hoping for any recommendations/advice… Once again I have found info on similar tunes but from previous updates, I’m not sure if any stats have been changed.

Once again, thanks in advance for any contribution, you all have been very helpful.

I have
  • 787b motor
  • Ultra High Turbo for Rx7
  • Weight Stage 5 for Rx7

Info for another question:
-Stage 5 drops stock car by 617lbs (2800lbs to 2183lbs)
-Swap adds 46lbs, with stage 4 saves 560lbs (2846 to 2286)

Does stage 5 really only save 57lbs more than stage 4?
Ie. does it drop by a fixed amount or percentage based on the initial weight?

Possibilities

1) 787b into an RX8 & Save the Turbo + Weight Reduction for RX7

2) 787b into an RX7 & Install the Turbo + Weight Reduction into a 2nd Rx7

3) 787b & Weight Reduction into an RX7 & InstallTurbo into a 2nd RX7

Anyone have thoughts/suggestions?
I'd go for a hypothetical Option 4. Drop the engine and Stage 5 weight reduction into the RX-7, then save the turbo for if you're lucky enough to win a 13B swap. Then drop the 13B and turbo into a Cappuccino.

I'd go for a hypothetical Option 4. Drop the engine and Stage 5 weight reduction into the RX-7, then save the turbo for if you're lucky enough to win a 13B swap. Then drop the 13B and turbo into a Cappuccino.
So I do have the other Mazda engine (13B) as well.
Wait a second!!!!

Are you saying that once I swap the RX7 engine into the Cappuccino or Eunos Roadster my Ultra Turbo will then fit on that car?!?
I was trying to test the fit (Turbo to Cap.) before trying any swap and didn’t understand at first what you meant.

Curious to see what the Ultra Turbo does on a swapped Cappuccino. Sounds like you came up with the best option here.
I wish there was not an the update in 5 days… I feel compelled to make sure no drastic changes are made.

Thank you for this, really great info regarding the specialty parts, I had no idea.

Last edited:
Wait a second!!!!

Are you saying that once I swap the RX7 engine into the Cappuccino or Eunos Roadster my Ultra Turbo will then fit on that car?!?
I was trying to test the fit (Turbo to Cap.) before trying any swap and didn’t understand at first what you meant.

Curious to see what the Ultra Turbo does on a swapped Cappuccino. Sounds like you came up with the best option here.
I wish there was not an the update in 5 days… I feel compelled to make sure no drastic changes are made.

Thank you for this, really great info regarding the specialty parts, I had no idea.
Good luck trying to control the thing. My friend has one and it's a glass cannon.

Wait a second!!!!

Good luck trying to control the thing. My friend has one and it's a glass cannon.
Yeah, it's quite an animal to handle, but with the right tune it's an absolute rocket. In any case, have fun with it!

True, on both counts. Well, we’ll see what happens next update. We did get a swap for the S14.
I hope we get another swap for the 96 in December, like they did with the 94- released, then dropped swap following month.

Curious what mil they will use..
Wait a second!!!!

Curious to see what the Ultra Turbo does on a swapped Cappuccino.

CAn vouch- Cappuccino with 13b and ultra turbo, =586hp k car- fun to drive but with such a short wheelbase it can get squirrelly!

Have one in the eunos roadster as well. Any $" parts that are compatible with swaps, I usually save them for that, rather than original chassis.

Example- saved my nismo titanium rods and ultra turbo, used them on the delta swap, because 1042hp hatch is more fun than 1042 hp r35.

Carbon shafts as well- not much performance, but it still works with swaps and original engines.
Scored a carbon shaft for tacoma, so dropped in the lexus swap, and the shaft.

unfortunately, no S parts or exhaust options for the "race" motors. Save those parts for the streetcars!!

Ran a little experiment last night with a good friend of mine.

In the NSX '92 you can see the engine in the back window, so wanted to see if the new engine swap would have a different appearance....

Unfortunately not 😞
Same for the pantera. 😢

…. Cappuccino with 13b and ultra turbo, =586hp k car- fun to drive but with such a short wheelbase it can get squirrelly!

Have one in the eunos roadster as well. Any $" parts that are compatible with swaps, I usually save them for that, rather than original chassis.
Thank you all for the advice, will definitely hold on to tuning parts for potential future swaps.

Just two quick things to clarify…

Is the Eunos Roadster as special of a swap (engine + turbo) as the Cap or is that better saved if I end up with a 2nd engine to swap?

Lastly, If the (RX7) Ultra Turbo is destined to go in the Cappuccino should I consider the RX8 for the other engine swap or stick with the RX7? As mentioned earlier I do have the stage 5 weight reduction for the RX7 but as I understand it only saves an additional 57lbs over stage 4.

Thank you all for the advice, will definitely hold on to tuning parts for potential future swaps.

Just two quick things to clarify…

Is the Eunos Roadster as special of a swap (engine + turbo) as the Cap or is that better saved if I end up with a 2nd engine to swap?

Lastly, If the (RX7) Ultra Turbo is destined to go in the Cappuccino should I consider the RX8 for the other engine swap or stick with the RX7? As mentioned earlier I do have the stage 5 weight reduction for the RX7 but as I understand it only saves an additional 57lbs
Its a personal preference imo.

Its hard decisions, the special parts you have is the limiting factor, they dont come around often enough.

Its really what you want out of it. If you have a 13b engine and an ultra turbo, you have 3 options for the turbo, and 2 for the swap(currently)
What do you want?
586 hp Cappuccino, eunos, or rx7?

The 787rx8 handles a bit better than rx7, and also has a 6 speed. The rx7 787 is just sexy!

They are all fun honestly, the handling level goes down as you increase hp, and the weight/wheelbase is also a handling factor.

Honestly, my "OP" swaps are just toys!!!

@Famine when the new patch comes out and new engines are discovered, would it be possible to add some kind of version control to the topic post? Since the list gets quite long, it would be nice to quickly see what got added in the latest patch.

Back