Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,470 comments
I was very disappointed in the swapped Lancer originally, but inspired by this discussion, went back to it. It can actually be a very viable option for the Tokyo grind. A rough tune got it down to a finish of 26:50 and it was already quite stable, relativily easy clean race bonus. For a more technical track, it's still a no go. And you really, really have to tune the 1st gear to be usable for the slowest corner (in Tokyo, the final hairpin).

Last edited:
After 3 weeks of not playing the game, I logged in and did the daily marathon, got a 6 star engine ticket which contained the NSX engine.

I'm really starting to think that the less I logged on, the better my ticket will be. Has been like this everytime I stopped playing everyday.

Anyway, which NSX is better for the engine swap?

Last edited:
After 3 weeks of not playing the game, I logged in and did the daily marathon, got a 6 star engine ticket which contained the NSX engine.

I'm really starting to think that the less I logged on, the better my ticket will be. Has been like this everytime I stopped playing everyday.

Only missed a hand full of daily tickets since launch and haven't received a single nsx swap. My guess would be the 02 but no idea. Enjoy!

I also got an engine swap ticket for my daily today. Didn't realise it was a prize for those. Got the LT4-Camaro for the TVR. Anything post bonanza is good by me!

Last edited:

That's such a dumb idea I think PD would do it 🤣

Any ideas when the Willy's Jeep is back in the legenardary dealership?
I know this is a game but I don't like to butcher the prize/zero miles originals so want to get a used one to engine swap 😋

I know this is a game but I don't like to butcher the prize/zero miles originals so want to get a used one to engine swap 😋
Don't know, as I'm waiting for it too, along with the Ford roadster. It seems like the rotation in Legendary takes a lot longer than in the UCD. :grumpy:

Don't know, as I'm waiting for it too, along with the Ford roadster. It seems like the rotation in Legendary takes a lot longer than in the UCD. :grumpy:
Im not sure if you guys have done the "mission" where you recieve it for gold on all challenges, but there is that option! (I know alot of have been at this game for a while, may have done these out of lack of content 🫠)
Can only get it once, and depending on skill level it can be tedious.

Edit: It was "magic Mountain" mission

But, it's just like washing your car, and then it rains-
You would win the jeep, and it would literally pop up right after you went thru the hassle!

It was only like 26k I believe the last time it rolled thru LCD, so at least its cheap! 😬

Last edited:
there is an enormous lag on 5 gear ! you need 3 seconds to gain power....i can't imagine this tune on fast exits...Defending Lancer swap is......suicide :P
I was very disappointed in the swapped Lancer originally, but inspired by this discussion, went back to it. It can actually be a very viable option for the Tokyo grind. A rough tune got it down to a finish of 26:50 and it was already quite stable, relativily easy clean race bonus. For a more technical track, it's still a no go. And you really, really have to tune the 1st gear to be usable for the slowest corner (in Tokyo, the final hairpin).

Does this lap still mean no for technical tracks and fast exits?

Im not sure if you guys have done the "mission" where you recieve it for gold on all challenges, but there is that option! (I know alot of have been at this game for a while, may have done these out of lack of content 🫠)

You would win the jeep, and it would literally pop up right after you went thru the hassle!

It was only like 26k I believe the last time it rolled thru LCD, so at least its cheap! 😬
Thanks for the info. 👍 I did win the Jeep & have modified it. It's a lot of fun but I need another for the swap. Crate Hellcat engine is waiting to get stuffed in that bad boy. ;)

Last edited:
Got the rampage 380rs, still figuring out a full build tune but if I had to compare it against the tvr and F40 swaps, the 380rs has less aero stability and won’t hold the same speeds in corners as the other 2 nor will it out run them in top speed.

I've got that one but as I mentioned, I don't like to alter the prize/0 mile classics that you can win. A bit pedantic I know, but it would be sacrilege IRL 😋 so I'd rather get a "used" when doing engine swaps/body modifications etc. Unless it's a car readily available from the main dealerships, I always swap/alter the "used" versions.

I've got that one but as I mentioned, I don't like to alter the prize/0 mile classics that you can win. A bit pedantic I know, but it would be sacrilege IRL 😋 so I'd rather get a "used" when doing engine swaps/body modifications etc. Unless it's a car readily available from the main dealerships, I always swap/alter the "used" versions.
Used to be like that but those 0 mile cars in GT6 are doing nothing for me, lol. Run em, haha.

So I've been saving two engine tickets (NSX Super GT in one, Lexus GT500 in the other) for the next update, hoping for some other engines. I've logged on today and they've completely disappeared. Any suggestions?

So I've been saving two engine tickets (NSX Super GT in one, Lexus GT500 in the other) for the next update, hoping for some other engines. I've logged on today and they've completely disappeared. Any suggestions?
My guess is you didnt close the game down after you opened them so it’s saved with these engines in your inventory. Have you checked to see if they are there?

My guess is you didnt close the game down after you opened them so it’s saved with these engines in your inventory. Have you checked to see if they are there?
Immediately closed the game down. Played it for days since, and the tickets have been there, until today. I played this morning, they were there, logged off for a bit, logged back on and they were gone. The only thing I can think of that was any different today is that I was also logged into my granturismo.com account to download scapes photos.

I don't have any NSX engines in my inventory, and I have the same number of SC430 engines as before.

Last edited:
Immediately closed the game down. Played it for days since, and the tickets have been there, until today. I played this morning, they were there, logged off for a bit, logged back on and they were gone. The only thing I can think of that was any different today is that I was also logged into my granturismo.com account to download scapes photos.

I don't have any NSX engines in my inventory, and I have the same number of SC430 engines as before.
When did you get them? Remember there is an expiry date on them (typically a month)

When did you get them? Remember there is an expiry date on them (typically a month)
In the latest update. I've usually always opened them as soon as I get them - only this month I was going to try and save them for the next.

In the latest update. I've usually always opened them as soon as I get them - only this month I was going to try and save them for the next.
Other than accidentally redeeming them or letting them expire, I’m all out of ideas!!

Did they expire? Only good for 30 days.

So in couple experiences when my tickets expired they were still visible in the gifts screen. It’s not until I clicked on them to try and redeem it reminded me they were expired. However, on those occasions the tickets expired either earlier that same day or night before. On those occasions It was the first time I entered the gift screen after they expired. IDK if after a certain point they get removed and are no longer visible, such as visiting the gift screen when they are expired and then leaving again without opening them.

If they were the engine tickets from the extra menus you can check the date the last car was acquired. Tickets from December 17 expired today.

Also, is there a max ticket storage like there is for tuning parts? like 30? eg. If you were holding one to all daily tickets plus a couple engine… idk

Attachments

• 5EAFB81A-756D-400C-9A1E-5F585D10DE20.png
    5EAFB81A-756D-400C-9A1E-5F585D10DE20.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Seems likely I must have redeemed newer tickets and kept older tickets, not realising the expiry. Thanks anyway everyone.

Heads up, anyone with a K-swapped Abarth.

Much like the fabled Brappuccino of old, you can pit this thing against speed-limited Tomahawks at Route X, for about 41k per lap, or 62k with the CRB. With one lap in the Abarth taking about 5 minutes properly tuned, you can earn around 750,000 credits per hour, just for racing in a straight line.

Last edited:
Heads up, anyone with a K-swapped Abarth.

Much like the fabled Brappuccino of old, you can pit this thing against speed-limited Tomahawks at Route X, for about 41k per lap, or 62k with the CRB. With one lap in the Abarth taking about 5 minutes properly tuned, you can earn upwards of 1.2 million credits per hour, just for racing in a straight line.
Who has the script for this?

Small correction that I made - it'll be around 750k Cr/h, not 1.2+ million. Which means it might be less efficient than the Pan-Am Tomahawk script.
Speaking of pan am. Does anyone have one that works since the remote play update? I never really looked into it after that. I have every car so not really needed but just curious.

Back