Gran Turismo 7 Gets Its Own London Underground Station in PS5 Launch Stunt

It looks so cool, too bad I'm not living in the UK, otherwise I would travel there just to make some pfps :D:D

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pedant but West Ham is also on the Hammersmith & City and Jubilee Lines whilst Mile End is also on the District and Central lines! If we’re not including tube lines, West Ham is also a stop on the DLR and Seven Sisters sees Overground and National Rail services. And yes, I have visited every tube station in a day before! :lol:

Sorry to be a pedant but West Ham is also on the Hammersmith & City and Jubilee Lines whilst Mile End is also on the District and Central lines!
Yep, I just didn't want a massive-ass, informational overdose sentence. I used to do Cannon Street or Victoria to South Kensington every day :D

If you wanted to visit all of these stations, you could go from Gran Turismo 7 Sisters to Oxford Circus on the Victoria line, then switch to the Central to Ratchet & Clankaster Gate, then back the opposite way on the Central to Miles End, then switch to District/H&C to end up at Horizon Forbidden West Ham.

Although that's illegal right now, and you'd be arrested for non-essential travel.

Oh, will we have another Copper Box event like what GTS had then?
Anyway, I'm envious of you British people.
Doubtful in the current climate, that was very much a live event sort of thing for people with tickets to come in and check it out. Though if they leave it late enough...

Given the subway is a public transport I think this is too much.
Well, yeah, except TfL have been doing this for years and letting brands take over stations for a good chunk of money.
Yes, I think it's pretty silly too. But it's hardly gonna spoil anyone's life, so, whatever.

Oh, will we have another Copper Box event like what GTS had then?
Anyway, I'm envious of you British people.

No, this is just a Sony thing to promote/launch the console. Nothing to do with PD who organise their own events.

While this feels like a minor marketing stunt to be honest, the fact that Sony keeps pushing GT7 in marketing material for PS5, at least tells me that the game is not that far away from release.

While this feels like a minor marketing stunt to be honest, the fact that Sony keeps pushing GT7 in marketing material for PS5, at least tells me that the game is not that far away from release.
If this qualifies as minor I wonder what would be average for you!

Given the subway is a public transport I think this is too much.
Considering there is a national lockdown in England, and those using the Tube should be only travelling for work or education, this is probably the least impactful Tube advertising with regards people being confused about anything being temporarily changed. No tourists to bamboozle. ;)

I don't know why, but it is nice to see Sony doing something to mark the PS5 being released in the UK/Europe.

Encouraging that GT7 was included in the marketing. :)

Last edited:
"Non-essential travel", funny way to call that trip. Stations look really cool, and essential to see, since limited time event.

Last edited:
yeeeeeeh more info about Gran Soonismo 7
I was recently reminded that the 2020 FIAGTC World Final is this December, and that could be a place where we get more info on GT7. At least, I think it’d be a great venue to do so. Insofar that if GT7 doesn’t appear, I’d call it a wasted opportunity.

On a side note, I also would not be surprised if GTS only has one update left, maybe two at most. I’d actually be fine with the GR Yaris being the last update and any other planned content (e.g. the Porsche concepts and Lamborghini VGT) just being added in GT7 instead.

Last edited:
I was recently reminded that the 2020 FIAGTC World Final is this December, and that could be a place where we get more info on GT7. At least, I think it’d be a great venue to do so. Insofar that if GT7 doesn’t appear, I’d call it a wasted opportunity.

On a side note, I also would not be surprised if GTS only has one update left, maybe two at most. I’d actually be fine with the GR Yaris being the last update and any other planned content (e.g. the Porsche concepts and Lamborghini VGT) just being added in GT7 instead.

Well the last update will almost certainly be to "de-online" the game when the servers are turned off so all the offline stuff still works.

Well the last update will almost certainly be to "de-online" the game when the servers are turned off so all the offline stuff still works.
I like your optimism, :) but I wouldn't put money on that happening. :eek:

You do realise both GT5 and GT6 both still try to connect to a server when you load them don't you?

You do realise both GT5 and GT6 both still try to connect to a server when you load them don't you?

Sure, but they didn't completely rely on online to function, and didn't GT5 at least have a patch to make some things work without the connection?

There is zero chance they'll just disconnect the servers and leave GTS as a game that can't be saved or played at all. They'll just deactivate the Sport/actual online stuff, allow single player stuff to be played offline and make the saves local, or maybe even keep the servers on solely for saves. Who knows.

Back