Gran Turismo 7 Tuning Shop & GT Auto

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 465 comments
Both dirty oil and chassis wear were used as tuning tools in GT 5 and 6. With dirty oil you could shift the torque curve slightly so you could add extra hp and still maintain a car in a certain pp range (but you had to upgrade the oil and then run it down to dirty (rubber banding). This was great for gaining a few extra kmph. Some cars weren't eligible for certain events unless you did thousands of km's (again rubber banding) to drop the car to the specified pp level. I really hope this necessity doesn't reappear in GT 7 :indiff:.

Chassis wear was something I used to use a lot to tame down some of the more unruly cars eg. I would never stiffen or redo the chassis on my GT 500 NSX's but RWD Nissan GT 500 were fine stiffened and redone for me.
That dirty oil trick was very good in the GT6 Time Trials, to get down to a certain PP range.

As for the Supras, the 2019 Supra would be a different PP. Adding to what FPVMIC is saying, for a car to run in event, some parts might not be able to delete. Say, the weight reduction. Might not be able to adjust once it's applied.
I might be able to tune the 2019 up, but not lower the tune of the 2020 model. Or could we sell the parts? If someone can recall/confirm the tuning from past games, I think that was the case.
The weight should be able to be adjusted, with an option to add ballast. They could also allow us to reduce the power of the car, just like GTS, even if the player has to buy a Sports Computer for example. The 2020 Supra not being able to compete in lower PP ranges while the 2019 could, is not really an argument, since every brand has the same problem. I won't be able to downgrade a LaFerrari to race against an Abarth 500. I won't be able to tune a 250 GTO to compete against LMP1s. The more cars each brand has, the more classes and PP ranges they can take part.

I think that in GT4, some parts were permanent once you bought them (the weight reduction was one of them). Others you could uninstall as you please. Don't know how it will work in GT7, but wouldn't make sense for them to be permanent, bar some exceptions.

I think that in GT4, some parts were permanent once you bought them (the weight reduction was one of them). Others you could uninstall as you please. Don't know how it will work in GT7, but wouldn't make sense for them to be permanent, bar some exceptions.
I would expect the same thing. Some parts will be removable whilst major upgrades such as weight reduction or displacement increase will be permanent. If you want to put the weight and power back to standard, you'd need to add ballast and adjust your power limiter.

Last edited:
The weight should be able to be adjusted, with an option to add ballast. They could also allow us to reduce the power of the car, just like GTS, even if the player has to buy a Sports Computer for example. The 2020 Supra not being able to compete in lower PP ranges while the 2019 could, is not really an argument, since every brand has the same problem. I won't be able to downgrade a LaFerrari to race against an Abarth 500. I won't be able to tune a 250 GTO to compete against LMP1s. The more cars each brand has, the more classes and PP ranges they can take part.

You touched on the reasons why the 2019 and 2020 Supras are possibly in the game. Other than, maybe, Toyota PR, it is the fact the 2020 Supra got an upgrade. Whether we all want both cars and/or PD should have used resources for an altogether different car, no argument about the weight tuning. I was trying to recall or if anyone else could recall. I don't know why PD add certain cars, absolutely. It's just what we see PD do.

Anyway, there are players that may not want to tune(as in, prefer using stock standard cars). If said players have the 2019 Supra, they may not need to use the 2020 Supra.

I also get the idea of adjusting the performance tune. It's a pain to see an F50 compete in a lower class, when I'd prefer to use the ZL1 1LE, that can't be tuned as low, over the SS Camaro. I prefer the look of the ZL1.
I have detuned plenty of cars and many I left stock. It wouldn't ruin my immersion, if detuning below stock settings, weren't an option.

Then, we're back to people's fear of duplicates. Past games have us a choice of Supra SZ-R and FR Skylines. PD probably could offer manufacturer engine swaps, 4WD to FR conversions, instead of duplicates. Can't see PD ever providing those options..

You touched on the reasons why the 2019 and 2020 Supras are possibly in the game. Other than, maybe, Toyota PR, it is the fact the 2020 Supra got an upgrade. Whether we all want both cars and/or PD should have used resources for an altogether different car, no argument about the weight tuning. I was trying to recall or if anyone else could recall. I don't know why PD add certain cars, absolutely. It's just what we see PD do.

Anyway, there are players that may not want to tune(as in, prefer using stock standard cars). If said players have the 2019 Supra, they may not need to use the 2020 Supra.

I also get the idea of adjusting the performance tune. It's a pain to see an F50 compete in a lower class, when I'd prefer to use the ZL1 1LE, that can't be tuned as low, over the SS Camaro. I prefer the look of the ZL1.
I have detuned plenty of cars and many I left stock. It wouldn't ruin my immersion, if detuning below stock settings, weren't an option.

Then, we're back to people's fear of duplicates. Past games have us a choice of Supra SZ-R and FR Skylines. PD probably could offer manufacturer engine swaps, 4WD to FR conversions, instead of duplicates. Can't see PD ever providing those options..

The Supra 2019 was added before the 2020 version. So the reason was surely not to make the Supra available for lower tier races. Also, we don't know what PP they both have, but if they are, let's say, 459 and 489PP respectively, then they fit in exactly the same PP range, as most races are set 50 pp apart. So unless there is an event that is set at 460 or 470PP, one has barely any use. Of course they could have their PP under 500 and over 500 respectively, but that we don't know. It surely shouldn't be a priority though. Even Toyota has other cars that could be much more interesting additions.

I get it's frustrating to see cars racing eachother that do not fit in the same class in the real world (let's say Golf GTI vs Abarth 500, or even worse, a 250 GTO vs Mégane RS). But that's where the lack of cars gets you. The more cars, the better grids we get, and more options we have for those races.

Past games had a ton of cars because they were easier to model back then, since the level of detail was much lower. What would be the point of having more R32, R33 and R34 Skylines, with barely any differences? I'd rather have them spend resources on modeling their respective Touring Car versions from GT5/6. It would be nice some RWD Skylines and such, but I wouldn't take them as a priority over the hundreds of cars that we are still missing. Engine swaps and conversions could be cool, but it also takes away from the uniqueness of each car, so that might be the reason they are not in (mainly the engine swap).

It's not a double standard if, for one there is a clear evolution, and the other just a slight upgrade to the engine and nothing more. If it was an hardcore version of the new Supra (let's just pretend there was a factory TRD Supra), then that'd be fine. The hp upgrade between the two Supras can be done with a very cheap tune, while the rest stays the same. Now, the 2019 Supra has no use in the game, because it will cost pretty much the same as the updated one, and the new one is simply better, unless it is sold in the Used Car Dealership.

About the Aventadors, atleast they have some noticeable physical differences between each other. The rear end is completely different. And both cars were launched 4 years apart, which is a huge amount of time. I would agree with you if we had the Gallardo LP560-4 and also the facelifted 2013 Gallardo, in which case, I'd rather have the Superleggera.

The point is, base car plus hardcore version, no problem. Base car and slightly updated/facelifted version of the same car, it's a no for me. Atleast not until we are still missing so many great cars, from lower end brands to top ones. Then again, I'm not bothered by the Supras, because I assume they just copied and pasted the same car, and just changed the "stats". If they modeled the updated car from scratch, I'd say it was a waste of resources.
Now I'd like to know if you live up to your words of TRD Supra being tolerable, how about base GT-R and GT-R Nismo? The hp difference is smaller (564 to 591) than 2019 and 2020 Supra.

It's not only about getting a cheap tune. It's also about the educational factor, if people don't know that Supra has gotten a factory upgrade in newer release, especially for new Supra haters that keep mocking the car as having 335 hp, or even treating it as slower than other cars on similar power like.. old Supra, 370Z, Skyline, etc. when it's anything but (the 2019 Supra was more comparable to the likes of TVR Griffith). And then again, it's not the same, as the 2020 Supra doesn't get 382 hp by for example equipping a Turbo Kit Stage 1 or such. For the Silvia, it can be like SZ-R vs RZ below (and for S15, Spec-S was seen as the better drift car), it's not all only about who had the higher hp.

And wouldn't you say that you can get the hardcore version of the cars (the physical differences) by GT Auto's aero kit or such?
Past games had a ton of cars because they were easier to model back then, since the level of detail was much lower. What would be the point of having more R32, R33 and R34 Skylines, with barely any differences? I'd rather have them spend resources on modeling their respective Touring Car versions from GT5/6. It would be nice some RWD Skylines and such, but I wouldn't take them as a priority over the hundreds of cars that we are still missing. Engine swaps and conversions could be cool, but it also takes away from the uniqueness of each car, so that might be the reason they are not in (mainly the engine swap).
And even Mk4 Supra having one of the least variants among JDM since GT3, only having SZ-R and RZ, still causes outrage? And the SZ-R and RZ is different, like how SZ-R can be a far better drift car due to having a smoother, more predictable powerband as an NA car, or it can be more suited for tight circuits with lower torque and no lag, and the tuning path of both is different with their respective equippable and not equippable parts. Of course they'd be better focusing on more distinct cars, but removing the current "duplicate" cars won't be the solution for adding more distinct cars. And I don't know if the fear of duplicate cars will escalate to the point of, for example, people start treating R32 as a duplicate to R33 or such. The thing is, there are those who'd view any samely named car as duplicates, like any R8 in GT6, be it the street car, the R8 LMS, and even the LM car that bears no resemblance except the name.
The Supra 2019 was added before the 2020 version. So the reason was surely not to make the Supra available for lower tier races. Also, we don't know what PP they both have, but if they are, let's say, 459 and 489PP respectively, then they fit in exactly the same PP range, as most races are set 50 pp apart. So unless there is an event that is set at 460 or 470PP, one has barely any use. Of course they could have their PP under 500 and over 500 respectively, but that we don't know. It surely shouldn't be a priority though. Even Toyota has other cars that could be much more interesting additions.
You underestimate the new Supra's performance. Being only on 350Z level for 459? The 2019 version should be on something like Griffith 500 level of performance, so it should be around 497 PP. The Supra 2019 version was on N300 yeah like other JDMs, but it only counts the car's hp, including ****ing KTM X-Bow (which has 555 PP, on par with 458 Italia).

Last edited:

I get it's frustrating to see cars racing eachother that do not fit in the same class in the real world (let's say Golf GTI vs Abarth 500, or even worse, a 250 GTO vs Mégane RS). But that's where the lack of cars gets you. The more cars, the better grids we get, and more options we have for those races.

Lack of cars means nothing. PD are the ones with the data. They’re supposed to be the car nuts like some of us here. It wouldnt takes us long to sort out cars for classes. They group a Hellcat with a track car in the ZL1. Now, PD acknowledge grouping cars with the PP system as that is more controllable than grouping by horsepower figures alone. More cars doesn’t equal better grids. Good game design sorts that out.
I play a game, on console, that lets me handpick each car. The classes are already sorted, but I can make a custom grid of my favourites. That game doesn’t have as many cars as Gran Turismo Sport. Neither same size grid as Gran Turismo Sport.

Yes, we’ll see if PD have balanced the grid of cars with the PP system.

Now I'd like to know if you live up to your words of TRD Supra being tolerable, how about base GT-R and GT-R Nismo? The hp difference is smaller (564 to 591) than 2019 and 2020 Supra.

It's not only about getting a cheap tune. It's also about the educational factor, if people don't know that Supra has gotten a factory upgrade in newer release, especially for new Supra haters that keep mocking the car as having 335 hp, or even treating it as slower than other cars on similar power like.. old Supra, 370Z, Skyline, etc. when it's anything but (the 2019 Supra was more comparable to the likes of TVR Griffith). And then again, it's not the same, as the 2020 Supra doesn't get 382 hp by for example equipping a Turbo Kit Stage 1 or such. For the Silvia, it can be like SZ-R vs RZ below (and for S15, Spec-S was seen as the better drift car), it's not all only about who had the higher hp.

And wouldn't you say that you can get the hardcore version of the cars (the physical differences) by GT Auto's aero kit or such?

And even Mk4 Supra having one of the least variants among JDM since GT3, only having SZ-R and RZ, still causes outrage? And the SZ-R and RZ is different, like how SZ-R can be a far better drift car due to having a smoother, more predictable powerband as an NA car, or it can be more suited for tight circuits with lower torque and no lag, and the tuning path of both is different with their respective equippable and not equippable parts. Of course they'd be better focusing on more distinct cars, but removing the current "duplicate" cars won't be the solution for adding more distinct cars. And I don't know if the fear of duplicate cars will escalate to the point of, for example, people start treating R32 as a duplicate to R33 or such. The thing is, there are those who'd view any samely named car as duplicates, like any R8 in GT6, be it the street car, the R8 LMS, and even the LM car that bears no resemblance except the name.

You underestimate the new Supra's performance. Being only on 350Z level for 459? The 2019 version should be on something like Griffith 500 level of performance, so it should be around 497 PP. The Supra 2019 version was on N300 yeah like other JDMs, but it only counts the car's hp, including ****ing KTM X-Bow (which has 555 PP, on par with 458 Italia).
I didn't realize you were a Supra/Toyota fanboy. Which explains why you are so defensive about the Supra, which wasn't even being criticized. Funny how the Clio facelift was ok to be considered to be a duplicate, but the Supra with a bit more power is not a duplicate. Funny how no other brand got that treatment, with cars being upgraded, facelifted and even discontinued for a newer model, and yet none come to the game.

You also complain about there being more important things tha hp. Then your main point to justify the upgraded Supra, is the hp it gained over the previous model. What if Toyota came back in 2022 with a new update, that gave the Supra an extra 30hp. Then 1 year later, another one. Do we get every single one of them, or do we wait for either a definitive version, or some sort of sportier version of the car? Educational factor? Come on, the real reason the Supra is "underpowered" to some people's expectations, was because if it was more powerful, it would compete against the big boys, like Porsche 911. Also the car was supposed to be fairly cheap. Now it seats with barely any competition, while if it was more powerful and more expensive, it would have a ton more. That's the real education.

And, yes, we could technically get the body parts. But have you wondered how much time it takes to model those parts? Is not just a slightly different spoiler or side skirt, sometimes more than 30% of the exterior of the car changes. Sometimes even the interior changes. Just look it up, 458 Italia/Speciale, 488 GTB/Pista, 911 GT3RS/GT2RS/Turbo S, Focus ST/RS, Golf GTI/GTI Clubsport/R. I could be here all day. The point is, the amount of work to model those exterior details as tuning parts, would take almost as long as modeling the entire car. It's not about how much hp it gained, it's how different it looks, feels, what purpose it was made for and how much it improves over the base car.

Also, I never said the current duplicates should be deleted. They are already in the game, so there's that. The whole convo about duplicates, came about someone stating that GT7 won't have that bad of a car count, with a more deep tuning system, which isn't necessarily true, since atleast 147 of those cars can't be tuned (atleast externally).

And I was not underestimating the Supra's performance. Those PP values I gave were random, and will still be random since we don't know how much the new PP formula will change and what variables takes into account. It just served as an example.

Lack of cars means nothing. PD are the ones with the data. They’re supposed to be the car nuts like some of us here. It wouldnt takes us long to sort out cars for classes. They group a Hellcat with a track car in the ZL1. Now, PD acknowledge grouping cars with the PP system as that is more controllable than grouping by horsepower figures alone. More cars doesn’t equal better grids. Good game design sorts that out.
I play a game, on console, that lets me handpick each car. The classes are already sorted, but I can make a custom grid of my favourites. That game doesn’t have as many cars as Gran Turismo Sport. Neither same size grid as Gran Turismo Sport.

Yes, we’ll see if PD have balanced the grid of cars with the PP system.
PP doesn't solve that. A 250 GTO and a Abarth 500 could end up having similar PP values, which means they could face eachother. And that makes no sense. It's much better to pair rivals (M4, RS5, C63 AMG, Giulia Quadrif., RC-F, etc), making it a much more interesting race.

I didn't realize you were a Supra/Toyota fanboy. Which explains why you are so defensive about the Supra, which wasn't even being criticized. Funny how the Clio facelift was ok to be considered to be a duplicate, but the Supra with a bit more power is not a duplicate. Funny how no other brand got that treatment, with cars being upgraded, facelifted and even discontinued for a newer model, and yet none come to the game.

You also complain about there being more important things tha hp. Then your main point to justify the upgraded Supra, is the hp it gained over the previous model. What if Toyota came back in 2022 with a new update, that gave the Supra an extra 30hp. Then 1 year later, another one. Do we get every single one of them, or do we wait for either a definitive version, or some sort of sportier version of the car? Educational factor? Come on, the real reason the Supra is "underpowered" to some people's expectations, was because if it was more powerful, it would compete against the big boys, like Porsche 911. Also the car was supposed to be fairly cheap. Now it seats with barely any competition, while if it was more powerful and more expensive, it would have a ton more. That's the real education.

And, yes, we could technically get the body parts. But have you wondered how much time it takes to model those parts? Is not just a slightly different spoiler or side skirt, sometimes more than 30% of the exterior of the car changes. Sometimes even the interior changes. Just look it up, 458 Italia/Speciale, 488 GTB/Pista, 911 GT3RS/GT2RS/Turbo S, Focus ST/RS, Golf GTI/GTI Clubsport/R. I could be here all day. The point is, the amount of work to model those exterior details as tuning parts, would take almost as long as modeling the entire car. It's not about how much hp it gained, it's how different it looks, feels, what purpose it was made for and how much it improves over the base car.

Also, I never said the current duplicates should be deleted. They are already in the game, so there's that. The whole convo about duplicates, came about someone stating that GT7 won't have that bad of a car count, with a more deep tuning system, which isn't necessarily true, since atleast 147 of those cars can't be tuned (atleast externally).

And I was not underestimating the Supra's performance. Those PP values I gave were random, and will still be random since we don't know how much the new PP formula will change and what variables takes into account. It just served as an example.

PP doesn't solve that. A 250 GTO and a Abarth 500 could end up having similar PP values, which means they could face eachother. And that makes no sense. It's much better to pair rivals (M4, RS5, C63 AMG, Giulia Quadrif., RC-F, etc), making it a much more interesting race.
There are going to be modern cars that match once fast older cars. It makes sense if any two cars that seem different, by looking at them, perform the same. Some people may prefer cars run with modern cars over modern and classics together. That’s something I’d like to see in terms of PD grouping for historic cars(which we see they have done in the GT League historic events). However, if two cars perform the same, that’s what it is. Real life and virtual.

In GT6, using your examples, the Abarth 500 is 371PP and the 250 GTO is 454PP. Cant recall if they raced together.
We’ll see if PD amended it’s own formula “determined by a car's weight, engine power, and other factors that affect a car's racing performance.”

Whoa whoa, personal attack here to call me a fanboy of Supra/Toyota. To note, I'd support the existence of both Aventador and Aventador SV in 1 game, just defending a car you'd call duplicate doesn't mean I'm putting down the Aventadors, just using that as a comparison, and I would do the same if the cars discussed here aren't a Toyota or Supra (07XR8 brought up SZ-R, so I did that, for FR Skyline, well, different drivetrain is already obviously, like how FR is more prone to oversteer). For Renault, I don't consider R.S.01 and R.S.01 GT3 to be duplicates due to the latter being changed to meet FIA GT3 regulations, and that for cars not present in GTS, I wouldn't consider cars like BMW M3 or M3 CSL as duplicates, or Zonda C12S and C12S 7.3 (the hardcore version of Zonda should be R) to be duplicates, and it had only measly 5 hp difference, but they do have noticeable performance difference.
I'd want for them to get other cars admittedly, but I wouldn't mind if there's a clear difference other than just different year like the hp increase, like how in GT2 I like (so don't call me a fanboy) having several Cerberas like the Speed Six, 4.2, and 4.5, or Chimaera 4.0, 4.5, and 5.0. I also have to say that it's wack for the Supra to be sold as $100k in the game, like wtf they're thinking? I hope they change those cars' price. The real price of the new Supra starts from $43,090, which is similar to the likes of R34, which was started from $45,606 at 1999.
I know full well about that, and as I said above I'd tolerate the existence of the variants there as separate cars and not treat them as duplicates. just that I think probably I have more tolerance to treat cars as distinct like hp difference will do, or weight difference, where it seems that you'd tolerate only if it's less subtle like the interior. What would I treat as duplicates is if the car had only different year and/or name but nothing more, like 300ZX and Fairlady Z Z32, or R34 '99 and '00. But I guess I admit I had a mistake between the Clios that at least the '16 Clio had a bit heavier weight.

i14xkapUNBINob.jpg

Anyone work out if the yellow wheel icon are a return to tuner village? It’s a showroom and next to tuning shop, but below the UCD and Brighton Antiques. If someone mentioned it, I haven’t noticed.

There are going to be modern cars that match once fast older cars. It makes sense if any two cars that seem different, by looking at them, perform the same. Some people may prefer cars run with modern cars over modern and classics together. That’s something I’d like to see in terms of PD grouping for historic cars(which we see they have done in the GT League historic events). However, if two cars perform the same, that’s what it is. Real life and virtual.

In GT6, using your examples, the Abarth 500 is 371PP and the 250 GTO is 454PP. Cant recall if they raced together.
We’ll see if PD amended it’s own formula “determined by a car's weight, engine power, and other factors that affect a car's racing performance.”
Still that doesn't change the fact that there's a lack of cars for certain categories. Hopefully PD improves in that regard. The whole competition between brands is what makes cars evolve, and we are yet to see that properly represented in the game. Also having in the game cars that are direct competitors in real life, makes themed races possible, be it online or offline, created by the player or PD themselves. Right now, a "Super Hot Hatch Cup" only has one car, the A45 AMG, while in real life, it would have atleast 6 more cars to compete with.

In GT6 they would never race together because there were 1200+ cars, with a ton of them being eligible to race against the Abarth 500 way before the 250 GTO. If the tecnology on the GTO is taken into account, and maybe even some lap times, the PP of those cars might get closer, and with the lack of cars in the game, it's not that far fetched they face eachother in a race. It's not the end of the world, but I'd rather see the Abarth face against real life competition, and not a full grid of random cars that happen to have a similar PP.

@o000o I'll tag you instead of quoting the whole post.

All in all, the thing about duplicates, or versions of the same car that barely change anything, is that it is a easy way to boost the car count, without actually boosting it (with more variety). And that's assuming they didn't model those cars from scratch, because if they did, it's even worse. As for the Supra itself, it doesn't bother me, I just hope they copy and pasted the 2019 model, and just changed the specs. I simply don't like the idea of some cars getting yearly updates with the addition of the same car with slight improvements, and completely skipping generational jumps for other cars/brands.

As for the FR Skylines and such, it would be nice to have, but not a must. It's all about choices, do I choose another R-33 Skyline or I'd rather have a 240RS or R390 GT1 Road Car? M3 and M3 CSL or M3 and M3 GTR? Zonda C12S and C12S 7.3 or one of those and a Zonda F or Cinque? It would be nice to have everything, but since it's impossible, I have to make choices.

Still that doesn't change the fact that there's a lack of cars for certain categories. Hopefully PD improves in that regard. The whole competition between brands is what makes cars evolve, and we are yet to see that properly represented in the game. Also having in the game cars that are direct competitors in real life, makes themed races possible, be it online or offline, created by the player or PD themselves. Right now, a "Super Hot Hatch Cup" only has one car, the A45 AMG, while in real life, it would have atleast 6 more cars to compete with.

In GT6 they would never race together because there were 1200+ cars, with a ton of them being eligible to race against the Abarth 500 way before the 250 GTO. If the tecnology on the GTO is taken into account, and maybe even some lap times, the PP of those cars might get closer, and with the lack of cars in the game, it's not that far fetched they face eachother in a race. It's not the end of the world, but I'd rather see the Abarth face against real life competition, and not a full grid of random cars that happen to have a similar PP.

@o000o I'll tag you instead of quoting the whole post.

All in all, the thing about duplicates, or versions of the same car that barely change anything, is that it is a easy way to boost the car count, without actually boosting it (with more variety). And that's assuming they didn't model those cars from scratch, because if they did, it's even worse. As for the Supra itself, it doesn't bother me, I just hope they copy and pasted the 2019 model, and just changed the specs. I simply don't like the idea of some cars getting yearly updates with the addition of the same car with slight improvements, and completely skipping generational jumps for other cars/brands.

As for the FR Skylines and such, it would be nice to have, but not a must. It's all about choices, do I choose another R-33 Skyline or I'd rather have a 240RS or R390 GT1 Road Car? M3 and M3 CSL or M3 and M3 GTR? Zonda C12S and C12S 7.3 or one of those and a Zonda F or Cinque? It would be nice to have everything, but since it's impossible, I have to make choices.
No one are arguing they don’t want variety. Variety is just not needed over good game design. A One Make race affords good racing. The problem are PD, not the cars. I’m sure most of us want a plethora of similar cars in the same class. For whatever reason, we didnt get a VW Golf R this time or Audi RS3, etc. to compete with the A45.
Where did we see that, anyway? I couldn't find it in the screenshots on the official GT7 page nor anywhere in the release date trailer.
In the OP. it’s in the trailer just after the aero wings clip. Blink and you’ll miss it.

No one are arguing they don’t want variety. Variety is just not needed over good game design. A One Make race affords good racing. The problem are PD, not the cars. I’m sure most of us want a plethora of similar cars in the same class. For whatever reason, we didnt get a VW Golf R this time or Audi RS3, etc. to compete with the A45.
No one said that variety would hurt in any way "good game design". Good game design is pretty much subjective. Variety in itself can improve the game design, making the game much less stale. It even benefits tuning, as you have more cars to mess with. I personaly enjoy both: setting lap times around the track with non-race cars (stock) and finding out which is faster, and tuning up cars to their max potential and testing their acceleration and top speed. And both of these benefit a lot from car variety.
And now I wonder if body kits will have any effect on top speed, some bodykits sure look like they should had drag/downforce to a car.

And yes, you can make One Make Racing interesting, but you can do that as long as the car is in the game (they could even bring back manufacturer cups). If we have more unique cars in one class, we can have both the one make race for each of them and the full pack competing against eachother.

Last edited:
I think Forza Motorsport series use that kind of genre-based categorization for road cars (and race cars, too), although I heard the selections in each category can be wack.
---
Anyway, I figured out I make a list of wheels available in GTS and GT6 for reference purposes; first is GTS' rims (which I obtained from another thread):
ADVAN Racing GT
ADVAN Racing RC III
ADVAN Racing RG-D
ADVAN Racing RG-D2
ADVAN Racing RG II
ADVAN Racing RG III
ADVAN Racing RS-D
ADVAN Racing RS-DF
ADVAN Racing RS II
ADVAN Racing RT
ADVAN Racing RZ
ADVAN Racing RZ II
ADVAN Racing RZ-DF
American Racing AR61
American Racing AR104
American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THRUST
American Racing VN427
American Racing VN500
BBS FS
BBS LM-R
BBS Racing Wheel
BBS RE-CL
BBS RI-A
BBS RI-D
BBS RI-S
BBS RS
ENKEI 5spoke
ENKEI 92
ENKEI Baja
ENKEI GTC01
ENKEI GTC01RR
ENKEI JS+M
ENKEI NT03RR
ENKEI PF01
ENKEI PFM1
ENKEI RA030
ENKEI RA030
ENKEI RA033
ENKEI RA036
ENKEI RC-T4
ENKEI RC-T5
ENKEI RE130
ENKEI RP03
ENKEI RP03-TypeRC
ENKEI RP05
ENKEI RPF1
ENKEI RS05RR
ENKEI RSM9
ENKEI SC03
ENKEI SC05
KMC KM651
KMC KM677
KMC KM681
KMC XD Series XD125
MOTEGI RACING center lock
MOTEGI RACING MR120
MOTEGI RACING MR126
MOTEGI Racing Touge
OZ Racing Botticelli III
OZ Racing center lock
OZ Racing Envy 4H
OZ Racing Envy 5H
OZ Racing Italia 150
OZ Racing Leggenda
OZ Racing Quaranta
OZ Racing Raffaello
OZ Racing Superforgiata
OZ Racing Superturismo LM
OZ Racing Superturismo WRC
OZ Racing Torino
OZ Racing Ultraleggera
OZ Racing Wave
RAYS 57C6
RAYS 57D
RAYS 57extreme
RAYS 57Gainer
RAYS 57Transcend
RAYS 57Ultimate
RAYS 57XV
RAYS 57XX
RAYS C345RRIME
RAYS Center Lock Wheel
RAYS G07WT
RAYS G25 Edge
RAYS GT-C
RAYS GTS
RAYS RE30
RAYS TE37
RAYS TE37 ultra
RAYS TE37SL
RAYS TE37V
RAYS VOLK TRINITI V
RAYS VR.G2
RAYS ZE40
WORK EMOTION CR Kiwami
WORK EMOTION D9R
WORK Equip 01
WORK GNOSIS FCV02
WORK GNOSIS HS203
WORK M.C.O Racing CS
WORK Meister M1R
WORK Meister S1R
WORK Seeker GX
WORK XSA04C

*There is a decal for HRE wheels in Livery Editor, but there are no HRE wheels in-game.

GT6, via KudosPrime:
ADVAN Racing RG II
American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THURST
American Racing VN500
BBS LM-R
BBS RE-MG
BBS RS
BLITZ BRW Profile 08
Boyd Coddington Wheels LEGACY F-09
ENKEI 5spoke
ENKEI Baja
ENKEI COMPETITION S2
ENKEI ES-TARMAC
ENKEI JS+M
ENKEI RC-T2
ENKEI RP03
ENKEI RP03-TypeRC
ENKEI RP05
ENKEI RPF1
ENKEI RS05RR
ENKEI SC03
ENKEI SC05
ENKEI TC-T4
HAYASHI RACING STREETWHEEL
KMC KM677
KMC KM681
MOTEGI Racing Touge
OZ Racing Botticelli III
OZ Racing Envy 4H
OZ Racing Envy 5H
OZ Racing Italia 150
OZ Racing Quaranta
OZ Racing Superforgiata
OZ Racing Ultraleggera
OZ Racing Wave
PDI Classic Steel Smooth
PDI Classic Wire Knock-off 2Bar
PDI Classic Wire Knock-off 3Bar
PDI Classic Wire Knock-off Plain
PDI GTAa-xx series*
PDI GTAb-xx series*
PDI P525 (generic 5-spoke wheel)
PDI P525N (NASCAR wheel)
PDI P814 (generic 8-spoke wheel)
Prodrive GC-010G
RAYS 57D
RAYS 57Gainer
RAYS 57Ultimate
RAYS 57XV
RAYS 57Xtreme
RAYS CE28N
RAYS GT-C
RAYS GTS.
RAYS RE30
RAYS TE37
RAYS TE37SL
RAYS TE37V
RAYS VOLK TRINITI V
RAYS VR.G2
SSR Professor VF1

*Generic wheels, xx determines number of spokes (03-12). GTAb wheels have larger spokes vs GTAa ones.
**There are no user-installable center lock wheels in GT6.

Outside of GT6's wheels that aren't in GTS, I have the following on my rim wishlist:
  • Super ADVAN Racing Ver.2 (the three-spoke wheel)
  • RS Watanabe Eight-Spoke Aluminum Wheel
  • OZ Racing Formula HLT (with fake centerlock hubcap)
  • OZ Racing Magnesio
  • Any Speedline wheel, particularly the 5-spoke stuff
For what's it worth, the GTAa/GTAb wheels can also serve as "build your own wheel" tool, hopefully if it means centerlock variants are also available, because the game defenitely needs more centerlock wheels (this is important for custom liveries in Gr.3 class and higher race cars).

(4000th post whoo~)

Last edited:
I haven't seen any news about this, but are engine swaps a thing?

2jz drift Crown :)

Last edited:
Hope there are sticker options and PD don’t delete from cars that have them. The Trans Am and RX500 have cool tyre branding. Such a shame they don’t remain in Livery Editor.

If we could build this
View attachment 1083299

Into a similar(obviously, different cars) wide body like this
View attachment 1083300

It would give us another option. Let's say the WTCC car above is its own race car as is. The body kit would be available for the 330i above and maybe an M3 4-door(if in the game). So, other than the 4-cylinder race car, there's also the straight-six from the 330i and V8 from the M3.

The closest we’ve had to different engines in the same car, were the displacement upgrade for the Skyline. I’d like to put a rotary in an MX-5, but we’ve never done anything like that in GT.

The oil changes are an inconvenience and from the above comments, its just gamed for additional speed with the same performance points, which is not realistic anyway. Just charge the players maintenance costs after each event so you know its accounted for. Maybe it could be tied to the vehicle cost.

But why do something like that when you can implement something tedious and mundane in the name of immersion while your AI is no-one's idea of realistic or entertaining.

Back