Gran Turismo 7 Included in Major PlayStation 5 Website Update

Hope it will be a launch game.

Sony reveals, in some country, lot in Europe for exemple, a major party of pre-command will receive PS5.
If you want to buy a PS5 in November, they said they won't be able to deliver consoles correctly before April 2021 (their worst senarios, so surely before).

They maybe waiting, changing plans to GT7. And as a GT fanboy, GT taught me the art of patience :D

PS: 2 days ago, PlayStation shared the GT7 trailer we ever seen, with engine and menu sounds (without music).

CiSbdNN.png

That middle paragraph is interesting.
So Sport Mode and FIA will also be a part of GT7. That's actually great for both classic and online players :cheers:
upload_2020-9-30_15-36-0.png

(It should be noted that the en-gb website doesn't have a link to this page yet, but en-us does.

Despite the website update, info is still too vague to build further excitement. No real new details and screenshots on it, so it’s probably safe to say that PD hasn’t reached out to Playstation’s marketing arm since we saw Kaz reveal the game months ago.

I think we need to see some of the hard facts, such as total number of cars, locations, track variations, etc. before we can start hoping for an imminent release window.

Of course, marketing strategies aren’t static so we cannot rule out a short gap between the next info blowout and the release date. Dream scenario would be an intensifying GT7 marketing campaign spanning October and November leading up to a release in December.

But knowing PD’s usual approach to new Playstation systems, the current state of affairs could drag on well into 2021. Only source of optimism in this regard is that the PS5 in terms of architecture is largely just a much improved PS4, so anything is possible this time around.

Given that Sony sees Gran Turismo as a tool for shifting consoles and that their upcoming new console may well be sold out this side of 2021 already, it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to rush the game out at launch. Holiday season 2021 would be more realistic in many regards.

I still think spring/summer '21.

I think we've both been here long enough to concede that February/March 2022 is just as likely as any of the other guesses.

i had a quick look when this was first announced to see if there was any documented time scale for previous GT tiles - First Official Announcement - Announced Release Date - Actual Release Date - but couldn't find (or couldn't be arsed to find) that data.

Leave it till i got enough cash too buy a ps5 and I don't have too drool at all the hi res screenshots and the beautiful replays, but I dunno if I will if it's the same ole driving feel and lack of ffb.

Why people keep thinking it will be a launch game?

There's were alot of Typos, No menu sound effects and the race UI was entirely from GT Sport.

i had a quick look when this was first announced to see if there was any documented time scale for previous GT tiles - First Official Announcement - Announced Release Date - Actual Release Date - but couldn't find (or couldn't be arsed to find) that data.
GT6 was announced (1st trailer) in May. Got released in December. Several trailers. An early build at GT Academy 4 months before release. Release date announced 98 days before release.

GT:Sport was announced (1st trailer) in 2016. Released in October 2017. Several trailers. Closed and open Beta. Release date announced 68 days before release.

GT7 was announced (1st trailer) in June.

GT6 was announced (1st trailer) in May. Got released in December. Several trailers. An early build at GT Academy 4 months before release. Release date announced 98 days before release.

GT:Sport was announced (1st trailer) in 2016. Released in October 2017. Several trailers. Closed and open Beta. Release date announced 68 days before release.

GT7 was announced (1st trailer) in June.
June 2021 is the best release date

Why people keep thinking it will be a launch game?

There's were alot of Typos, No menu sound effects and the race UI was entirely from GT Sport.
That was more than 3 months ago. I am sure 200 employees working on a game can fix some typos and sound effects relatively quickly

So only online save game again?
Hopefully not, and I also hope Brand Central, its museum feature, My Library mode and the ability to use content downloaded from Discover mode don't require a mandatory online connection.

The features that will definitely require a mandatory online connection would be the following:
  • Access to Discover mode, as well as the ability to download and publish content such as replays, photos, liveries and decals from there
  • Buying cars directly from the PS Store instead of in-game credits
  • Daily Login Bonus (if it returns)
  • Daily Workout progress
  • Mileage Exchange
  • Online multiplayer (requires PS Plus)
  • Social features and interaction
  • Sport mode (GT Sport Live - also requires PS Plus)
  • Viewing a manufacturer's channel and/or official website in Brand Central

The features that will definitely require a mandatory online connection would be the following:
  • Access to Discover mode, as well as the ability to download and publish content such as replays, photos, liveries and decals from there
  • Buying cars directly from the PS Store instead of in-game credits
  • Daily Login Bonus (if it returns)
  • Daily Workout progress
  • Mileage Exchange
  • Online multiplayer (requires PS Plus)
  • Social features and interaction
  • Sport mode (GT Sport Live - also requires PS Plus)
  • Viewing a manufacturer's channel and/or official website in Brand Central

Fire is hot

View attachment 961795

I have a lot of PlayStation 5 (with only Gran Turismo 7 shown) ads in my Facebook news feed as if it was a launch title to buy the console but no date at all in the ad itself.
Piggybacking off of this. Both Instagram and Facebook are LITTERED with the same advertisement from PlayStation talking about the adaptive triggers with Gran Turismo 7. This has been a constant since like a week after the official trailer was initially released to the public.

Back