Gran Turismo 7 Included in Major PlayStation 5 Website Update

Piggybacking off of this. Both Instagram and Facebook are LITTERED with the same advertisement from PlayStation talking about the adaptive triggers with Gran Turismo 7. This has been a constant since like a week after the official trailer was initially released to the public.
That depends entirely on the algorithms and what you look at.

Why people keep thinking it will be a launch game?

There's were alot of Typos, No menu sound effects and the race UI was entirely from GT Sport.

Because it can still be a launch game, it's difficult but it can. Choosing new typos, sound effects and new race UI can be done in 5 months (they can not show their new UI in the first video but having it in progress), the rest is already done (new cars, new tracks, weather and time progression, new render engine, etc).

@Faultier It's unlikely to be a launch title, every day counting is more unlikely. But marketing as you may know is not done the same way by all developpers. And 2020 is a very uncommon year. ACC don't gave a gameplay in ps4 until only 5 or 7 days before the release for example. GT7 launch date will not be annonced the same launch day, but 5 or 6 weeks before is not crazy in a franchise very well known (not a new game that needs a lot more previous marketing)... And marketing was begun in june (and before)... it was stopped for unknown reasons for the moment.

Unlikely launch title is not the same as thinking that it will be a launch title.

The text of this article gives a little room still to be a launch title too, don't say GTPlanet has no clue.

Last edited:
Good. I'd rather have that than potentially deal with cheaters/hackers, especially when we're seeing Sport Mode and the FIAGTCs again.

lmfao as if the threat of cheating is enough to basically make it impossible to play the game when the server is down, or more then likely, disabled, considering how Polyphony has operated with regards to keeping servers active for their legacy games (which is to say, killing them as quickly as possible)

Because it can still be a launch game, it's difficult but it can. Choosing new typos, sound effects and new race UI can be done in 5 months (they can not show their new UI in the first video but having it in progress), the rest is already done (new cars, new tracks, weather and time progression, new render engine, etc).

GT7 is not a launch game, and if you still think that it is, I have a bridge to sell you.

Given that GT is a big name in gaming, Forza is delayed and that the game will apparently show off lots of PS5 features (4k60, RT, haptics, sound etc) if it were a launch game why hasn't it got a release date, wasn't featured in the latest event and isn't being pushed in any way by Sony ?

I'd be amazed if it comes at all in 2020. I'd hope for spring 2021, but if we don't see any more from PD this year its probably later than that...

GT7 isn’t a launch game. It’s crazy how many people are still holding out hope for this

GT7 isn’t a launch game. It’s crazy how many people are still holding out hope for this

Until they post a definitive list of launch games or until they post the GT7 launch date we don't know.

It's not about hope, it's about possibility (a small one still). Nothing crazy.
I see more crazy extrapolating about past and future, and asuming that the past is the future.

Given that GT is a big name in gaming, Forza is delayed and that the game will apparently show off lots of PS5 features (4k60, RT, haptics, sound etc) if it were a launch game why hasn't it got a release date, wasn't featured in the latest event and isn't being pushed in any way by Sony ?

I'd be amazed if it comes at all in 2020. I'd hope for spring 2021, but if we don't see any more from PD this year its probably later than that...

It could be for many reasons, finishing the launch trailer, finishing some last track or brand licenses conditions, and for a bigger impact near the launch date or near hollydays.

Maybe it's risky for PD to fix the lauch date and they want some days later and have to see that with sony for optimise the gt7 launch date, ...

Last edited:
@oneloops

upload_2020-9-30_20-2-41.png

upload_2020-9-30_20-3-12.png

upload_2020-9-30_20-3-36.png

upload_2020-9-30_20-4-0.png

upload_2020-9-30_20-4-26.png

There are more, but I'll stop there.

Compared to:

upload_2020-9-30_20-4-57.png

Personally, I think that clarifies the situation.

Yes, that gives a smaller possibility for GT7 to be a launch title.
What possible, possible benefit would there be to not announcing GT7 as a launch title at this time? Be honest, can you think of any?

Bear in mind, we are only 6 weeks from launch, games have to go gold at least 4 weeks before launch to be ready. There's no release date, no previews, no press hands on. It's not a launch game.

Until they post a definitive list of launch games or until they post the GT7 launch date we don't know.

If it was a launch title, do you really think that we would have gotten more information out of the game then what we have gotten since July (that is to say, absolutely anything substantial) instead of stealth dropping a game with *no information*? GT7 is not a launch title. Stop thinking it will be.

I swear to god, this section gets it into their head that something is happening (in this case a launch release window) and they'll jump through mental hoops to justify it in any way.

What possible, possible benefit would there be to not announcing GT7 as a launch title at this time? Be honest, can you think of any?

Bear in mind, we are only 6 weeks from launch, games have to go gold at least 4 weeks before launch to be ready. There's no release date, no previews, no press hands on. It's not a launch game.

No lie, when I read 6 weeks away from launch, my stomach turned, it really is just around the corner!

If it was a launch title, do you really think that we would have gotten more information out of the game then what we have gotten since July (that is to say, absolutely anything substantial) instead of stealth dropping a game with *no information*? GT7 is not a launch title. Stop thinking it will be.

I swear to god, this section gets it into their head that something is happening (in this case a launch release window) and they'll jump through mental hoops to justify it in any way.

Lets not forget that there was literally an event 2 weeks ago which didn’t show GT7 in any capacity. Considering how big GT is for Sony they wouldn’t purposely leave it out when there’s a large audience (people were hungry for any kind of PS5 news at that point) if it was coming anytime soon

It's not about hope, it's about possibility.

Maybe PD has problems to confirm their launch date, that can be near the PS5 launch, we don't know until they confirm one date or another.
Maybe Sony or PD wants a bigger impact with a later notification of that date... or simply be 100% safe in order to don't have to postpone it.

Classic tracks, classic modes + real time raytracing + day/night cycle, weather cycle ... not substantial ? For me it is, a lot.

It's not about hope, it's about possibility.
Just because we haven't had direct confirmaiton from PD, that doesn't mean it's possible.

Maybe PD has problems to confirm their launch date, that can be near the PS5 launch, we don't know until they confirm one date or another.
6 weeks until the PS5 launches, you really think there's aq chance it's a launch title when we've heard nothing since July and there's no mention of any release date, not even late 2020?

upload_2020-9-30_20-54-45.png

Maybe Sony or PD wants a bigger impact with a later notification of that date... or simply be 100% safe in order to don't have to postpone it.
To what end? That's a nonsense idea.

Just because we haven't had direct confirmaiton from PD, that doesn't mean it's possible.

6 weeks until the PS5 launches, you really think there's aq chance it's a launch title when we've heard nothing since July and there's no mention of any release date, not even late 2020?

View attachment 961825

To what end? That's a nonsense idea.

Marketing, it's very common in marketing to tease not all the "powerful" content at the same time.
Also, some companies give a lot of information before launch and some others don't.

I think that gold version of common games has to be finish 1 month before the launch.
We don't have neither the whole list of launch titles, only some confirmed titles. (if I'm not wrong)

GT7 is under developpement since many years and we have a trailer, some content information and technical information.
It's still possible.
Impossible is when other date is given or when a game just begins to be developped.
At this point it's unlikely but still possible.

Last edited:
Marketing, it's very common in marketing to tease not all the "powerful" content at the same time.
No, this would be marketing suicide. You don't leave things to the last minute with so little information beforehand. These "late" information dumps you've probably seen will have had drip fed information prior and are usualyl more than 6 weeks before launch.

Some companies give a lot of information before launch and some others don't.
Given you've just made this claim, you find a AAA game in recent history that was released with nothing but the initial announcement video up to 6 weeks prior to launch?

I think that gold version of common games has to be finish 1 month before the launch.
Yes, games tend to need at least 4 weeks before lanuch when they go gold.

GT7 is under developpement since many years and we have a trailer, some content information and technical information.
It's still possible.
Impossible is when other date is given or when a game just begins to be developped.
No, if PD announce a date in 2022 tomorrow, that doesn't mean there was a possibility of it being a launch title today. That's flawed logic you're using there.

No, this would be marketing suicide. You don't leave things to the last minute with so little information beforehand. These "late" information dumps you've probably seen will have had drip fed information prior and are usualyl more than 6 weeks before launch.

Given you've just made this claim, you find a game in recent history that was launch with nothing but the initial announcement video up to 6 weeks prior to launch?

Yes, games tend to need at least 4 weeks before lanuch when they go gold.

No, if PD announce a date in 2022 tomorrow, that doesn't mean there was a possibility of it being a launch title today. That's flawed logic you're using there.

They have given some information about GT7 since some years, not only this June.

1 Month of marketing is not marketing suicide, GT is a known brand, it's not like a new IP, and we know already that GT7 is coming, so the expectation and the teasing is working.

This lack of recent information can be for a date confirmation problem, technical problems, licenses problems,... we will see.

They have given some information about GT7 since some years, not only this June.
They've mentioned it exists, they haven't provided details or shown us anything. The reveal was at the PlayStation event earlier this year.

1 Month of marketing is not marketing suicide, GT is a known brand, it's not like a new IP, and we know already that GT7 is coming, so the expectationg and teasing is working.
No it's not, you show me what game developer released a AAA game in recent history that way? I know for a fact what leaving marketing too late does to a product launch, and it doesn't bump sales up. I look at the metrics for this type of data for the company I work for when deciding when and how to market our services.

This lack of recent information can be for a date confirmation problem, technical problems, licenses problems,... we will see.
No, if they are thinking it isn't quirte going to be ready to release at launch but it will release this year they can market it as a late 2020 release and proceed accordingly. There's no reason not to do so.

They've mentioned it exists, they haven't provided details or shown us anything. The reveal was at the PlayStation event earlier this year.

No it's not, you show me what over AA game developer released a AAA game in recent history that way? I know for a fact what leaving marketing too late does to a product launch, and it doesn't bump sales up. I look at the metrics for this for the company I work for when deciding when and how to market our services.

No, if they aren't certain it will release on launch but it will release this year they can market it as a late 2020 release and proceed accordingly. There's no reason not to do so.

They haven't shown only a "initial announcement video" they showed menus, technical information, content, modes, and gameplay already.
If it's not enough for you I don't know...

Hmm, fascinating read here on this thread, but to be perfectly honest, (in a bad mario accent) "Kaz the chef, neeeds to cooka da pizza for me very good or I nottta gonna eat it!" :lol:

Points to add:
- No online BS saving! Save it locally to my PS4 and a cloud copy please, cheers Kaz!
- Eliminate Online reliance to play for GT7, ignore the excuse that every1 has high/fast broadband cause it not realistic for the whole world that love & play GT)
- The in-game racing UI needs to be newer than GT Sport or I will defo feel short changed.
- Defo not a launch game in 2020 unless they magically get it GOLD by December, so July 2021 is the sweet spot and better for all of us to savour it during the Summer.
- Do not short change us on Manufacturers this time PD, we need variety and the details. More Porsche for one, two and V10's!
- Less incremental patching of GT7, unless you give us more Cars to hoon around. :P

OK enuff ranting, carry on! Hope Kaz the PD man, reads our comments lol :D

There is zero chance its a launch game, its as simple as that.

Even if the game is ready (which I very much doubt) they don't need to release right now, the console is sold out everywhere. They might as well wait until lets say March/April time when the thing is available in shops to launch some more games, create a bit of hype which results in people going to a shop any buying one or ordering online.

I think that sprng next year is realistically the earliest we can expect it, unless PD come out with a bunch of information, videos etc in the next 3 or so months.

Technical information, content orientation and gameplay information before the reveal trailer.
upload_2020-9-30_21-36-17.jpeg

You're entire argument is based on the fallacy that becuase PD haven't revealed a date yet it must be possible that it's a launch game. And you haven't provided any examples as I have requested multiple times to back your point up.

Back