Gran Turismo 7 Included in Major PlayStation 5 Website Update

That's nonsense. I was told the game was basically finished months ago because they showed a trailer that had a menu screen on it, so it's definitely going to be released in a month and a half.

Yeah it's a fair point, I also completely forgot that seeing gameplay of one track and a handful of cars was a clear indication that the whole game was well progressed.

Big problem in the future. If in 10 years you want to play a bit for nostalgia reasons, you can't because the servers are down.

Also: if you go on holiday, and take your PS5 with you, you might not have an internet connection, and you can't play. Or maybe you have an internet outage at home.
Yes you are right, I hadn't thought about these things

Jeez man forgot 2020, its almost over!! Lets time travel to Summer 2021, legsweep KAZ-San in his PD office and pinch/release the beta version of GT7 to the masses on a secured server. I have the time technology, just ask my cousin, who also has also played GT7 before release knowing his probabilities. :lol:

Instead of talking about it being a launch title or not, wouldn’t it be more interesting to discuss whether it stands a realistic chance of coming out between December and May?

The original GT released in December 1997, and a few months later in 1998 for the rest of the world. I think the winter/spring window is interesting because GT7 foremostly uses 22 years of the franchise as marketing punchline. The longer it takes to come out, the less sensible it becomes to emphasize those 22 years of GT.

Doubtful they will change the marketing to “23 or 24 years of GT”, but probably equally doubtful they will release it too long past those “22 years”. It’ll already be 23 years by December.

Yeah, early or spring 2021 is my feeling at the moment. Could be summer as well, depending on how badly Covid has affected them.

I wouldn't care if Polyphony delays the game since they're the best at it. We just want GT7 to be the very best of the series. Let's just calm down, and forget the idea of GT7 being ready in 2020 (we're just 2 months away from 2021 and we haven't got any further details of the game yet!)

My best mates dogs friends owners sisters husband might have said something about having GT7. I don't know.

yeah I heard something similar :dopey:

sorry guys,

but everyone who thinks GT7 is a launch game has no clue about marketing.

there was this sony event just the same day you were able to pre order the console.
Do you really think they don‘t show a system seller like GT on purpose and say on launch day „oh and you can buy gt7 as well“.

cmon ;)

But its again the horrible pr team of polyphony who just prefer to stay silent like always and people also don‘t know if they still get the promised vision cars for GT Sport.

Last edited:
But its again the horrible pr team of polyphony who just prefer to stay silent like always and people also don‘t know if they still get the promised vision cars for GT Sport.

Could be that they don't wanna include a PR team in their budget. I can respect that decision, as frustrating as it may be for me personally. Game development is very expensive from what I understand, and I don't think we'll ever know how PD decides to allocate their budget.

Also, I would not personally mind if the Porsche content and Lamborghini VGT skipped GT Sport and just went to GT7, as I think the Hyundai and Bugatti VGTs had a similar case - there were demos running GT6 where you could drive those cars (or at least the Hyundai VGT) but the cars would only debut in GT Sport. And even besides that, PD has a relatively legitmate excuse to not include the Porsche content and Lamborghini VGT in GT Sport, being Covid-19. I bet they were already on an unbelievably tight schedule before Covid, so while I'd definitely be disappointed that the content would skip GT Sport, I would fully understand their choice to just bring it to GT7 instead.

The game needs a serious change in physics or much improved ffb or it will be the same ole smoothnees of driving on marble again, If they get the ffb to be awesome, canned or not it be great too go with the awesome visuals, and people sure wouldn't find it boring even once you have completed it.Plus folks have had a taste of AC and ACC and aren't prepared too put up with lame ffb and physics anymore.

The game needs a serious change in physics or much improved ffb or it will be the same ole smoothnees of driving on marble again, If they get the ffb to be awesome, canned or not it be great too go with the awesome visuals, and people sure wouldn't find it boring even once you have completed it.Plus folks have had a taste of AC and ACC and aren't prepared too put up with lame ffb and physics anymore.
Wrong thread.

PD's PR team is Sony.
Ah, that makes sense. But I wonder how that works? I bet PD is still in at least some control of what sort of content gets revealed, and when.

Why do I feel like Lincoln, Koenigsegg, SAAB & Dacia won't make it into this game?
I can definitely go without Lincoln and Dacia. The former is as relevant to Gran Turismo as Rolls-Royce - even Bentley would be far more relevant - and the latter is just because of Top Gear memes. Meanwhile, I would legitimately like to see Koenigsegg and SAAB, and I wouldn't assume anything. Just because SAAB is dead doesn't mean anything, as Pontiac still appeared in GT Sport.

Meanwhile, for Koenigsegg, I'd be fine with just the CCX, the Agera RS, and the Regera. Or, instead of the Agera RS, the One:1 would suffice as a substitute. As for the Gemera and Jesko, those would be great, too, but I'd sooner prefer those first three I mentioned. I'd especially love the CCX GT as a potential Gr.3 car, too, given that it never got to race in real life. It'd definitely fit into Gr.3, too, given that it was intended for the FIA GT1 class, the same class that the Aston Martin DBR9 is in. On a similar note, Maserati could have two Gr.3 cars - the GranTurismo GT3, and the MC12 GT1.

Something else that could have been added and maybe we'll see, is the 550 Maranello GT1. That raced along with the DBR9.

With PD braking down a couple recent races with the Group C cars and it looks like PD are bringing back the GT1 cars. Maybe we see the return of the C.5R and Saleem S7, for more classic Le Mans scenarios. Or at least more GT racing categories.

Something else that could have been added and maybe we'll see, is the 550 Maranello GT1. That raced along with the DBR9.

With PD braking down a couple recent races with the Group C cars and it looks like PD are bringing back the GT1 cars. Maybe we see the return of the C.5R and Saleem S7, for more classic Le Mans scenarios. Or at least more GT racing categories.

Not sure if PD would have to re-license the cars from Saleen or not, but be careful what you wish for. If they brought in a race version of the S7, some of us out here would cry out for the SR Widebody Mustang. :P

Not sure if PD would have to re-license the cars from Saleen or not, but be careful what you wish for. If they brought in a race version of the S7, some of us out here would cry out for the SR Widebody Mustang. :P
I would be largely content with the S7 and S7R, but one or two Saleen-modified Mustangs would be a nice bonus.

Why people keep thinking it will be a launch game?

There's were alot of Typos, No menu sound effects and the race UI was entirely from GT Sport.
My personal favourite of the typos was the GT86 supposedly producing 20lb ft of torque lol

I'll eat my proverbial hat if GT7 gets released at launch. Realistically I reckon around Spring 2021.
I've lost all hope of it being a launch title, so I think now it will be Q4 2021, so they can capitalise on those holiday sales (and here's hoping the current madness going on in the world is over)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus folks have had a taste of AC and ACC and aren't prepared too put up with lame ffb and physics anymore.

GT Sport came out after AC, didn't seem to cause much of a problem did it ?

ACC on console at least is a mess, its still full of bugs and poor performance. I stupidly bought the game, tried it twice and threw it on the shelf, imho the feedback was awful, it just feels like the car is floating above the track and not connected in any way. This idea that it is the ultimate driving game is completely false.

GT7 won't be perfect and there will be hundreds of threads here whinging about it when released, but it will sell millions and be played to death by lots and lots of people.

Last edited:
Majority of GT fans are just casual driving enthusiast. I doubt they care wether if it has the best ffb or driving physics. As long as the controller support is just as good as previous GTs, they'll be fine with it. GT has never been about pure realistic driving simulation and that's a good thing.

In my mind, I picture the customization for vehicles in GT7 to be like 1-6, but adding in the livery editor. I can upgrade my ZL1 1LE with the best mods & build my own GT4.R.
I think the RM mechanic would be great for turning various road cars into their Gr.4, Gr.3, and/or Gr.B versions.

"Internet required for most functionality."

Oof man :indiff:
Yeah I just saw that too. What is PD's fascination with online only these past few years? Did the hacking/hybriding of GT5 really piss them off that much? Or is it Sony getting their grubby fingers into it?

Hopefully by most they do mean that I can at least access my garage, career mode, car dealer, and a local save without internet.

Last edited:
Yeah I just saw that too. What is PD's fascination with online only these past few years? Did the hacking/hybriding of GT5 really piss them off that much? Or is it Sony getting their grubby fingers into it?

Hopefully by most they do mean that I can at least access my garage, career mode, car dealer, and a local save without internet.

More likely FIA, because of the inclusion of sport mode

Yeah, I hope so

GT Sport came out after AC, didn't seem to cause much of a problem did it ?

ACC on console at least is a mess, its still full of bugs and poor performance. I stupidly bought the game, tried it twice and threw it on the shelf, imho the feedback was awful, it just feels like the car is floating above the track and not connected in any way. This idea that it is the ultimate driving game is completely false.

GT7 won't be perfect and there will be hundreds of threads here whinging about it when released, but it will sell millions and be played to death by lots and lots of people.
The first quote doesn't come off to me as Gran Turismo 7 sales dropping. I see it as a fact for wheel user disappointment. There are plenty players at least, in this community that complain about ffb and physics in GT Sport. I'm a DS4 user and notice the big difference since playing AC & ACC.

If PD had such physics, its be a perfect game. The cars would actually be even easier, behave better and more realistic to drive. I'd bet the average player would adjust to the physics quicker than having to learn using the car in front as a brake for T1.:lol:

Anyway, that's an improvement that one: would be accurate of PD's "The Real Driving Simulator" and two: be a general improvement of the overall driving experience for wheel and DS5 users.

And to add, sure ACC has its bugs and frame rate problems, but in Single Player, I ain't complaining about that game's AI and driving physics.👍 PD get it together and they'd get even more sales. That's the main objective.

Back