Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,307 comments
''But nice try diminishing a point of view that doesn't fit yours.''
Did I say you (and not only you) can't have an opinion? I said the exact opposite "ok, your opinion". Everybody has opinions on things (what, you think what I wrote are facts? It's MY opinion, like YOU have your opinion. Sold out is a fact but you know what it is based on.
And then there's people who have opinions on other people's opinions, and those people could keep those opinions on other's people's opinions for themselves, since it leads to attacks like the following "you're angry you don't have a ps5 yet". And when people say things like this, of course I take it personal. I proceeded to explain why it's false.
Last time I read this useless discussion.

Did I say you (and not only you) can't have an opinion? I said the exact opposite "ok, your opinion". Everybody has opinions on things (what, you think what I wrote are facts? It's MY opinion, like YOU have your opinion. Sold out is a fact but you know what it is based on.
And then there's people who have opinions on other people's opinions, and those people could keep those opinions on other's people's opinions for themselves, since it leads to attacks like the following "you're angry you don't have a ps5 yet". And when people say things like this, of course I take it personal. I proceeded to explain why it's false.
Last time I read this useless discussion.
Where did I say that you said I (or anyone else) couldn't have an opinion? And yes I know why they all sold out... Demand outstripped supply. I dare say if it weren't for the extenuating circumstances limiting their production numbers the PS5's would have outdone the PS4's launch sales figures instead of just matching them. So how is that a failure?

And I borrowed your phrase as you'd diminished what I'd written in a previous post through editing to alter your previous statement, it's also a point of view that doesn't fit yours so it was fitting.

Why would you need any of that when the consoles are selling themselves? Hardly a failure in any way. No games? Still sold out. You don't even need to advertise anything other than future games coming out. Supply and Demand is the best marketing strategy they've got. No improvements other than hardware? Still sold out. I'm confused how this is a failure in your eyes, other than you're still trying to buy one.

Mostly sold out due to scalpers that bought 15 at a time due to retailers not giving a rat's ass about the consumer, and only caring about their turnover on their stock.

The new gen launch as a whole, is a failure. And on both sides. What are playing those few people who got the consoles? Spiderman? What else? Current gen games and posting DS5 impressions using it with ps4 games.
Yeah no poop they're sold out. There aren't any around.
Graphics? Nothing to do with the minblowing PS4 games presentation. Think about the graphical gap between ps1->ps2, ps2->ps3, ps3->ps4. It got smaller with time but what we got between ps4 and ps5 is not what people expected and it's underwhelming. But people will still blindly buy new products just because they're new. (think fifa)

You do understand that both new gen consoles are using AMD's RDNA2 architecture, right? You also understand that AMD products age like fine wine, and with the advent of AMD's response to nVIDIA's Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS), Fidelity FX Super Resolution (FSR) which is launching cross platform, consoles will only get better.

That graphical leap, which you so shunned as unimpressive, will only get larger.

Sources:

AMD's DLSS-alternative doesn't need machine learning to work -PC Gamer

FidelityFX Super Resolution is AMD's answer to Nvidia's DLSS, set to debut this year - Techspot

You made me smile because assume too much. My message was clear: there aren't any relevant games to play and graphics are underwhelming for now.
Why would I want to have it, again? GT7 is the only reason why I would buy a ps5.
Someday in the future.
When it will be available.
And not overpriced.
And not white.

But nice try diminishing a point of view that doesn't fit yours.
If GT7 is the only reason why you would buy a PS5 then you're going to hold the view that a PS5 isn't worthwhile until GT7 comes out surely? You're immedaitely not the primary consumer base for console sales because most consumers are far more interested in a variety of games generally. I'm probably not far off you in that regard, I'll likely be a lot more interestd in buying a PS5 closer to GT7's realease, but that said other games could tempt me to buy one sooner, there just aren't any out right now. Most of my limited time gaming is done on PC, so my consoles don't get much time switched on. Since completing FF7 Remake my PS4 hasn't relaly been on. I agree with a few of your points, but I don't agree that they're overpriced, at least not compared to other consoles launch prices. If you do consider the launch prices of previous consoles and then factor in inflation as well as the actual performance you are getting for the money, both the PS5 and XBX are fairly priced.

There is always a shortage of games at a new console release, what we're seeing a lot more of these days than previousely though are remasters of older games. Those and console games now being developed with the cabalility to take advantage of more powerful consoles mean that the limited supply of games is inflated by games already/previosuely availalbe. So I don't know if were seeing fewer new games coming out, or if the remasters and PS5 improved PS4 games are skewing perception. Maybe it's not as bad as you think. But I generally have very little interest in new consoles at launch. Maybe a non-white PS5 will increase that interest a bit haha.

Last edited:
If GT7 is the only reason why you would buy a PS5 then you're going to hold the view that a PS5 isn't worthwhile until GT7 comes out surely? You're immedaitely not the primary consumer base for console sales beucase most consumers are far more interested in a variety of games generally. I'm probably not far off you in that regard, I'll likely be a lot more interestd in buying a PS5 closer to GT7's realease, but that said other games could tempt me to buy one sooner, there just aren't any out right now. Most of my limited time gaming is done on PC, so my consoles don't get much time switched on. Since completing FF7 Remake my PS4 hasn't relaly been on. I agree with a few of your points, but I don't agree that they're overpriced, at least not compared to other consoles launch prices. If you do consider the launch prices of previous consoles and then factor in inflation as well as the actual performance you are getting for the money, both the PS5 and XBX are fairly priced.

There is always a shortage of games at a new console release, what we're seeing a lot more of these days than previousely though are remasters of older games. Those and console games now being developed with the cabalility to take advantage of more powerful consoles mean that the limited supply of games is inflated by gmaes already/previosuely availalbe. So I don't know if were seeing fewer new games coming out, or if the remasters and S5 improved PS4 games are skewing perception. Maybe it's not as bad as you think. But I generally have very little interest in new consoles at launch. Maybe a non-white PS5 will increase that interest a bit haha.
People are still misinterpreting my words, and I'm not specifically talking about you. I say the PS5 is overpriced (now) because I am not impressed by what it can do (at launch) despite of its specs. I can't stress the words "now" and "launch" enough, like I did above. If I have to buy a PS5 just because of the specs, but game developers don't take advantage of those specs, I will certainly not get it. I wouldn't let a massive white router sit there turned off collecting dust next to my tv just because it has super-duper specs.

The PS4, on the other hand, blew my mind since the very beginning and I never complained about its price.

Last edited:
Uhm... Yeah... So, who's hungry? :)
IMG_20210409_030346.jpg

I suppose I wanted to write how I plan to play GT7. I'll likely complete the license tests, first, and see what sort of prize cars/credits I end up earning. Then, I'll move through the campaign until it's 100% complete before going online. I also plan to get at least two of every car - one to leave as-stock, and another to modify. That should be especially easy when prize cars are factored in, as I'll save all the more credits obtaining those cars from campaign events, rather than spending credits to buy a car twice. I think I'll especially have fun modding cars to comply with various N-Series/PP regulations, both in the campaign and online. In some cases, I might even get three of the same car, if there's another way to modify it in a more drastic sense - perhaps if the RM system returns, as a way to obtain various Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B racers. Hopefully, both the campaign and online modes will incentivize players to use as wide of a variety of cars as possible.

I suppose I wanted to write how I plan to play GT7. I'll likely complete the license tests, first, and see what sort of prize cars/credits I end up earning. Then, I'll move through the campaign until it's 100% complete before going online. I also plan to get at least two of every car - one to leave as-stock, and another to modify. That should be especially easy when prize cars are factored in, as I'll save all the more credits obtaining those cars from campaign events, rather than spending credits to buy a car twice. I think I'll especially have fun modding cars to comply with various N-Series/PP regulations, both in the campaign and online. In some cases, I might even get three of the same car, if there's another way to modify it in a more drastic sense - perhaps if the RM system returns, as a way to obtain various Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B racers. Hopefully, both the campaign and online modes will incentivize players to use as wide of a variety of cars as possible.
Get the car's racing body as RM, but use Quick Tune as a method to automatically buy a bunch of parts where it can be categorized as Gr. 4/Gr. 3/Gr. B.

It feels weird seeing Kaz talking something that's not related to GT (Well, he's a human like everyone else, after all!), and instead talk about 5G and other things while knowing what he's talking about. He's really smart, indeed.

The cool thing about humans is that they're not restricted to one single field of expertise. You'll find as you interact with other humans that many of them in fact have high levels of knowledge and experience in many fields, and where their main area of expertise is something like programming and networked gaming they will often have substantial knowledge in other related fields like information transfer or wireless protocols.

Kaz may be smart, but him knowing some stuff about 5G isn't an example of that. It's just an example that he's not a total shut-in.

The cool thing about humans is that they're not restricted to one single field of expertise. You'll find as you interact with other humans that many of them in fact have high levels of knowledge and experience in many fields, and where their main area of expertise is something like programming and networked gaming they will often have substantial knowledge in other related fields like information transfer or wireless protocols.

Kaz may be smart, but him knowing some stuff about 5G isn't an example of that. It's just an example that he's not a total shut-in.

agreed

If you slow it right down you can watch the pushrod suspension working. Noice.

I wish they paid the same amount of attention to detail on non open-wheel cars. Silvia K for example only has a texture file applied to the face of the wheel well.

Back