Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,185 comments
I wanna point out that even if GT7 is announced and they "promise it's a launch title" don't hold your breath. Because GT3 and GT5.
Important to note that this transition will be the smoothest for developers, same architecture, api, OS and so on. So it's possible that PD had target specs for the last 3 years and developed a new game using PC's with similar performance to PS5. It's gonna be a lot easier to port your currentgen engine to PS5/XSX.

I hope they wouldn't make again ..... they made this mistake once .. . (Don't forget .. GT6... one month before the PS4 launch :nervous: )

IR

Actually, GT6 launched on December 6 2013, few days AFTER the PS4 did.

Well, GT6 began as a PS3 game and they keep supporting it for 2 more years ( last update is from december 2015 ). I like GT6, but the fact that the course creator was an online thing and it's not working anymore always made me sad :/

I still believe it will be a PS4 title: first of all GT never was a launch title.
GT HD was the only game that was going to be available soon after ps3 launch, but at the end the project was scraped and the first GT on PS3 was GT5 Prologue in 2007, 70cars per 6 tracks to begin with; for a full GT experience on PS3, we had to wait 2010, 3 years after console launch.
GTSport instead came out in 2017, 4 years after PS4 launch and 2 years after GT6 last update.

Plus, I believe PoDi wants to give their best on PS4 before fully create a superb PS5 GT Games. Think about games like GTA IV and GTA V : even if both are on the same console, it seems that they're from two different gen.

Well, GT6 began as a PS3 game and they keep supporting it for 2 more years ( last update is from december 2015 ). I like GT6, but the fact that the course creator was an online thing and it's not working anymore always made me sad :/

I still believe it will be a PS4 title: first of all GT never was a launch title.
GT HD was the only game that was going to be available soon after ps3 launch, but at the end the project was scraped and the first GT on PS3 was GT5 Prologue in 2007, 70cars per 6 tracks to begin with; for a full GT experience on PS3, we had to wait 2010, 3 years after console launch.
GTSport instead came out in 2017, 4 years after PS4 launch and 2 years after GT6 last update.

Plus, I believe PoDi wants to give their best on PS4 before fully create a superb PS5 GT Games. Think about games like GTA IV and GTA V : even if both are on the same console, it seems that they're from two different gen.
I hope not. First, the ease of development on PS5. Second, the future proofing of GTS assets, including higher LoDs than PS4 could handle. Third, the overall positivity surrounding consoles and PS in particular. A lot of media was predicting the death of consoles back in 2012-2013, but PS4 confidently proved them wrong. I think devs will be a lot less hesitant supporting the new gen this time around.

It would be absolutely insane to present a ps4 game during a ps5 presentation as it means that you have no confidence in the new console, because you're not giving me (consumer) a reason to buy the new console

Okay, okay... How about this...
Black fades into the sound of a race car shifting. Dawn conditions, helicopter view focuses on the Lancia Delta S4 climbing classic Pike's Peak. Conditions change from light fog, snow, clear, night, rain, noon. Trailer breaks to music, flashes of different cars, etc. Back to the helicopter view of the Delta S4, still making it's ascent. Fade to GT7.

Black fades into the sound of a race car shifting. Dawn conditions, helicopter view focuses on the Lancia Delta S4 climbing classic Pike's Peak. Conditions change from light fog, snow, clear, night, rain, noon. Trailer breaks to music, flashes of different cars, etc. Back to the helicopter view of the Delta S4, still making it's ascent. Fade to GT7.
It wouldn't catch me ... I never run on Pike's Peak... :sly:

My wet dream is to see that Grand Valley bridge with all its next-gen beauty on the reveal trailer. :drool: Literally half of a second showing this would be enough for me.

My wet dream is to see that Grand Valley bridge with all its next-gen beauty on the reveal trailer. :drool: Literally half of a second showing this would be enough for me.
I'm sure cars will look beautiful but some tracks assets are simply ugly in GTSport like houses at Sainte-Croix or Dragon Trail.
What I'd love to see: an actuali city track like R246 by night with crazy reflections.

I'm sure cars will look beautiful but some tracks assets are simply ugly in GTSport like houses at Sainte-Croix or Dragon Trail.
What I'd love to see: an actuali city track like R246 by night with crazy reflections.

Add in Alsace as the worst looking too, seems they ran out of dev time and decided to just group a line of trees as one single flat billboard. The track in general looks like it was created in GT5 course creator.

Many of the new fictional tracks lack the hand-designed visual glamour and design of the PS2 games. Like, why do the buildings in GT4 Amalfi circuit look more real and complex than Dragon Trails :lol:

gran-turismo-4-psp.jpg

Just bought my ticket for the hype train. So stoked for this game!

Looking back on GTS, there’s one reason why it was never a “proper” GT.

Dev time.

Vehicles assets have reached such an exquisite level of detail there’s no way PDI could have modelled a vehicle roster big enough for a fully fledged GT League / GT Mode. They’ve since tried to shoehorn one into GTS with the monthly updates, but to me it just lacks that special sauce the mainline games have always had. The special events I think are what really make a great GT game. Things like the Senna content, Sierra Time Rally and the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

So hyped. Don’t disappoint me Kaz!

Add in Alsace as the worst looking too, seems they ran out of dev time and decided to just group a line of trees as one single flat billboard. The track in general looks like it was created in GT5 course creator.

Many of the new fictional tracks lack the hand-designed visual glamour and design of the PS2 games. Like, why do the buildings in GT4 Amalfi circuit look more real and complex than Dragon Trails :lol:

gran-turismo-4-psp.jpg
The fictional tracks in GTS feel like they were made with the course creator. Just have that feel about them. Most are meh, with Maggiore being an exception, especially the East coarse in reverse which is my favorite.

Disappointment day - PS5 is getting a special multi-player version of GT / pre-installed with every system.

Spec III of GT Sport, PS4 and PC versions will be talked about after the main event. :gtpflag:

just announce GT7 for PS4 and I finally know what current gen console to buy :D

I heavily doubt they’d announce GT7 for the PS4 at an event solely focused on showing off the power of the PS5

I hope they wouldn't make again ..... they made this mistake once .. . (Don't forget .. GT6... one month before the PS4 launch :nervous: )

IR

Always wondered why they didn't make it crossplatform...

It would be absolutely insane to present a ps4 game during a ps5 presentation as it means that you have no confidence in the new console, because you're not giving me (consumer) a reason to buy the new console

There is no doubt the the next GT game tease today will be FULLY OPTIMIZED to run on the next gen PS5'!

BUT, as I have said many times before, I very much hope that, and I don’t see why the next GT game would not be able to run at a slightly degraded mode on the current gen PS4 Pro, and in the famously STANDARD mode on the standard PS4...

I am still crossing finger for this cross gen possibility!

It will be the solution that will maximize Sony’s income in a short term! It just makes financial sense.

Eventually people will slowly upgrade to the PS5, like myself, and like so many of you updating to from the PS3 so late, or even people upgrading from the standard PS4 to the Pro... the sales numbers of the pS4 family is clearly showing a GRADUAL upgrade... not everyone bought the console on the first day...

With GT games, Sony will want people to pay full price for the game rather than having for people to wait until they can buy the new next gen PS5 once the game is already at a discount....

Again, it just makes financial sense for the game to be cross gen, because People will eventually buy the PS5 no matter what... at some point, but it is to Sony advantage to have the most people possible buy GT7 at release...

Officially on the hype train now.

Watch them pull a blizzard and just reveal a GT mobile game. :lol:

There would be protests and rage in the streets all over the world “the likes you have never seen before”* !!

*trump trademarks

Last edited:
Disappointment day - PS5 is getting a special multi-player version of GT / pre-installed with every system.

Spec III of GT Sport, PS4 and PC versions will be talked about after the main event. :gtpflag:
So wait

Spec III?
PC version?

Wonder what's all that about...

You can no longer stop the hype train...

Back