Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
I honestly doubt views mean anything... We’re going through a pandemic and lots of people have no job/school/activities and it was one of the first PS5 trailers out. Add the fact GT has been very active on social media with GTS and has a lot more subscribers now. You guys are reading too much into the 5M views.

I honestly doubt views mean anything... We’re going through a pandemic and lots of people have no job/school/activities and it was one of the first PS5 trailers out. Add the fact GT has been very active on social media with GTS and has a lot more subscribers now. You guys are reading too much into the 5M views.
Your probably right, but at the same time why would some people in their lockdown watch something that they are clearly not interested in? Only gamers or car racing fans would watch these type of trailers since its in the Gran Turismo section or Playstation section of Youtube or other Social media news that talks about cars or games.
There could also be some of the toxic Xbox fans viewers watching GT7 just to trash talk about it and vice versa.

What I mean is there can be an ad on youtube on hair products and for all I care I would just skip it or choose not to see it.
So yes the views can have a general impact on how the game is going to perform/ sell.

And the fact that GT7 clearly has more views in such a short time means something.

Your probably right, but at the same time why would some people in their lockdown watch something that they are clearly not interested in? Only gamers or car racing fans would watch these type of trailers since its in the Gran Turismo section or Playstation section of Youtube or other Social media news that talks about cars or games.
There could also be some of the toxic Xbox fans viewers watching GT7 just to trash talk about it and vice versa.

What I mean is there can be an ad on youtube on hair products and for all I care I would just skip it or choose not to see it.
So yes the views can have a general impact on how the game is going to perform/ sell.

And the fact that GT7 clearly has more views in such a short time means something.
Numbers may mean something but when you look up GT7 reaction videos on YT and 9 out of 10 have no idea what the whole series is about is a little bit emarassing. Why would they make such videos when they are clearly not interested in the game?
I think many of the views is just the PS5 hype thing.

What’s to question? Studios don’t dictate release strategy and platforms.

This comes back to the incredulity of some PD could deliver a PS5 launch game.

Sony edged their bets on the PS3 market remaining buoyant. It didn’t. Leaving GT6 stranded and largely forgotten after 3yrs of development. Driveclub was intended to take up the slack and one of Sony’s most important studios and franchises was absent for years.

This time over Sony stopped announcing new AAA titles late 2017. Even with BC it would’ve been an own goal releasing GT7 on PS4. The trailer (PlayStation & Gran Turismo) has already surpassed 5m views. Up from GTS reveal trailer numbers of 1.6m.
That's a long winded way to say no, you have no source for your claim.

People are shocked we discuss the trailer’s shortcomings, while we have got absolutely zero information about the game, besides the trailer. Nothing on the gt website, nothing on the ps blog, no interview on gtplanet, there’s not even working webpage for GT7

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt7

GT6 had working webpage before it was revealed :confused::lol:
what about this one : https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_1197055.html
It says that the game in the trailer is in its “pre-final version” this could mean that it is almost ready...

People are shocked we discuss the trailer’s shortcomings, while we have got absolutely zero information about the game, besides the trailer. Nothing on the gt website, nothing on the ps blog, no interview on gtplanet, there’s not even working webpage for GT7

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt7

GT6 had working webpage before it was revealed :confused::lol:

Honestly a super weird roll out. No press kit, no web page, just a trailer and a short sentence talking about it being a “pre-final build”.

Pretty sure even GTS had its full webpage sorted out when it was revealed

Honestly a super weird roll out. No press kit, no web page, just a trailer and a short sentence talking about it being a “pre-final build”.

Yes it looks like they were in a hurry or something.

Views and social media reach are everything in a marketing cycle. GT7 is now a key part of the PS5‘s launch hype. Millions more eyes on the title and a masses pleasing return to traditional GT. You only need see the Like/Dislike ratio and comments to appreciate the vastly more positive response to GT7. The first step in returning the franchise back to the big league of 10m-15m sellers.

That's a long winded way to say no, you have no source for your claim.
It’s a clear explanation as to why Kaz could have delivered a PS4 launch title. Just as he can deliver a PS5 launch title. The 3yr development window is perfectly adequate. Sony decide which platform said title comes to. I’m sure many forget GT6 released after PS4 launch.

You need to look a little deeper. Only Horizon 2 and Miles Morales (Spider-Man) have been featured on the PS Blog. Neither are launch titles.

We’ve yet to hear anything about GT7, R&C, Demon Souls or Returnal. At least some, if not all, of those will be launch titles. Maybe we’ll get more details this week. Or maybe we’ll only hear full details of the launch titles when the PS5 is dated & goes up for pre-order.

Last edited:
It’s a clear explanation as to why Kaz could have delivered a PS4 launch title. Just as he can deliver a PS5 launch title. The 3yr development window is perfectly adequate. Sony decide which platform said title comes to. I’m sure many forget GT6 released after PS4 launch.

It's a guess. If you're going to make factual statements, you need to be able to back them up with evidence. You have no evidence Sony forced PD to make GT6 a PS3 title. None. It just screams making excuses for PD, as so many have done before, pass the buck to Sony without evidence.

I've forgotten the exact terms and sequence, but any software devs here should be able to confirm that pre-final is a long way down the track (see what I did there? Uugghh...) in the usual order of things. It's something like:

Alpha - beta - yada yada - pre-final - final

Isn't it?

I've forgotten the exact terms and sequence, but any software devs here should be able to confirm that pre-final is a long way down the track (see what I did there? Uugghh...) in the usual order of things. It's something like:

Alpha - beta - yada yada - pre-final - final

Isn't it?

"Pre final" is not a software development term. At least not one I've heard used widely. It can be considered synonymous for beta but it's really just a basic term for not being final, there is no definition for how close or far away it is. It's not finished. That's it.

Pre-alpha
alpha
beta (closed and open)
release candidate
stable release

Are the proper software terms.

This is very important because driving with DS4 and ABS Off is very hard due to lack of resistance.
While this is going to be a neat feature. I'm a dedicated right stick throttle/brake guy. Hopefully GT7 still allows that and doesn't try to force the usage of L2/R2 to show off their neat feature cause I just can't do it.

Last edited:
Ahh... thanks mate; I think I must've been thinking of pre-release or something along those lines. :embarrassed:
There are so many different terms for different steps and then different people use different terms for the same thing it's easy to get them mixed up, especially when it's a term that we don't usualy see. It would be great if pre-final meant it was close enough to be a launch title, which GT7 still could be, but you just can't use pre-final as a measure for that.

Back