Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,187 comments
So...beyond slightly prettier graphics, I wonder what the "future" in "combination of past, present, and future" entails. Everything shown in the trailer has just been the first two. Hopefully they have something interesting in the works that doesn't rely on nostalgia.
Maybe a little bit off topic, does anyone know if it is possible and where to download the gt7 trailer in 4k?
Seems it's only been uploaded to YouTube and its download feature only goes up to 720p. You have to put the link through a separate dedicated 4k YouTube downloader.

Attachments

• 1596012981-capture-d-ecran-2020-07-29-a-10-54-35.jpg
    1596012981-capture-d-ecran-2020-07-29-a-10-54-35.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 42

This appeared on my Twitter feed the other day. Speculation by the store or a hint at the release date?

Even if Polyphony was targeting a release in December this year, highest probability is that they would announce a delay until then.

What does PD or any game developer have to gain by being so secretive? If they think it’s going to release in 2021, why don’t they just address it? All the silence does is lead to speculation and a ton of bogus articles with “inside information” that is nothing but BS.

What does PD or any game developer have to gain by being so secretive? If they think it’s going to release in 2021, why don’t they just address it? All the silence does is lead to speculation and a ton of bogus articles with “inside information” that is nothing but BS.

They don't have anything to gain by giving a release date they aren't sure they will hit. You don't want to set a solid date for fans and then end up telling them "sorry we have to delay" until the devs feel it's ready. Software development is difficult to predict and Polyphony has always taken the ID Software approach of "the game will be done when it's done."

GTSport initially had a release date of 2016 and then they delayed it and didn't even give a new date. Funny thing is when GTSport released it was STILL barebones in content.

They don't have anything to gain by giving a release date they aren't sure they will hit. You don't want to set a solid date for fans and then end up telling them "sorry we have to delay" until the devs feel it's ready. Software development is difficult to predict and Polyphony has always taken the ID Software approach of "the game will be done when it's done."

GTSport initially had a release date of 2016 and then they delayed it and didn't even give a new date. Funny thing is when GTSport released it was STILL barebones in content.
I can’t imagine the can’t at least give a YEAR they plan to finish it

I can’t imagine the can’t at least give a YEAR they plan to finish it

I mean, GTSport was given the 2016 release year and it couldn't meet that. There's no point in giving gamers a release date and set their expectations to only then disappoint them with a delay. Kaz initially said the next GT game after GT6 would only take 2-3 years, but yet it ended up taking 4.

But this time it is little different, when you compare it with GTS.
With GT7 they have something ''to build on'', while with GTS they had nothing and start from the scratch.

Marketing.

The announcement of PS5 launch date and titles will be a big deal. Could be next week, could be at the August State of Play, could be later.

I think the fact they haven't given it a year means there's a chance they'll release it in 2020. Announcing 2020, getting everyone hyped up and then delaying would be bad PR, so they might be waiting until they're sure they can hit the deadline.

If they could set realistic game size then it can be released in december. If they let their heads in the clouds as always, there will be ton of further features, but none will be polished enough and game will release with three years delay.

If they could set realistic game size then it can be released in december. If they let their heads in the clouds as always, there will be ton of further features, but none will be polished enough and game will release with three years delay.

Now that you mention it, I'm curious how would GT5 looked if it was fully finished.

But this time it is little different, when you compare it with GTS.
With GT7 they have something ''to build on'', while with GTS they had nothing and start from the scratch.
I'm being very cautious here but it is in the realm of possibility to release gt 7 holiday 2020,they made the game on the same engine powering gt sport so the foundation is already there,it just depends if they can meet that target holiday 2020 or if they need a bit more time,one thing is for sure,in terms of production they are ahead of their rivals at turn 10 for forza motorsport,which only had an in-engine trailer to show and just started early development where polyphony digital has the luxury of showing a gameplay segment and ingame menu since they are building off the existing engine on ps5,looking at what i now know from both teams,again cautious,it is possible they might be able to release during holiday,let's wait and see on the next upcoming showcase that is rumoured to be in aug if that might be a reality then!!

Its quite interesting reading the posts that there seems to be this illusion that GT7 isn't finished. Frankly no one has a clue. The shown trailer could have been a very early cut, thrown together to show its coming. Could be a year old build for all we know.

It could also be 2 years away. But, there's enough out there to suggest this may be launching this year. I think it will, its a huge title for Sony and they need something to shift consoles. Especially if the price is gonna be on the higher side.

I wonder if more manufacturers are going to pick for car sales in this game. During the World Tour interview revealing the RX-Vision sketch, it was pointed out MX-5 was the most sold car. Also, after the Supra A90 debuted, Kaz mentioned that car had over 600,000 in-game sales.

Those two Manufacturers being official partners in GT Sport, wonder if those partnerships carry over to GT7.
Will Porsche's partnership also look at in-game sales?

When was the last time they had a three year delay of a game?

Back