Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,187 comments
Looking at the HUD in the GT7 reveal, there is no indication of dynamic TOD and weather like GT5 and GT6.
No mention of Michelin in the tunning parts shop.

What if it's simply not part of the HUD? It's not like you need a little raindrop symbol to know that it's raining, and I don't see how displaying the current time of day is useful when you can just watch the sky as it gets darker/brighter. I also wonder if it's possible that the clip in the trailer was from an earlier build.

Perhaps it just wasn't using dynamic ToD or weather in that race, rather solely in the cinematics. I mean, it was a one lap race..
Other than that, it could likely be an old HUD. Maybe the new one isn't complete, if there is a new one.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has touched on this yet. In the description of the Gran Turismo 7 trailer on the PS channel, and on the PS5 website, it says '
Gran Turismo™ 7 builds on 22 years of experience'.
The series began with Gran Turismo on December 23, 1997 (earliest), so 22 full years later would be December 23, 2019. They obviously wouldn't say 22.87 years, so one could predict GT7 would be released before December 23, 2020, along with PlayStation 5? Otherwise they would state 'builds on over 22 years' not 'builds on 22 years'

Somehow I don't think they put as much thought into the specifics and subtleties of the description as much as you have, mate.

Who knows 'though? I've felt since the initial announcement that they'll want to be happening in time for the Christmas sales bonanza, and it would fit with that... ;)

I don't think anyone has touched on this yet. In the description of the Gran Turismo 7 trailer on the PS channel, and on the PS5 website, it says '
The series began with Gran Turismo on December 23, 1997 (earliest), so 22 full years later would be December 23, 2019. They obviously wouldn't say 22.87 years, so one could predict GT7 would be released before December 23, 2020, along with PlayStation 5? Otherwise they would state 'builds on over 22 years' not 'builds on 22 years'
Of they were just doing what most people do when talking in the present, as in, it was 22 years (roughly) to the date of the annoucnement trailer.

If you really want to analyse it, they've had well over 22 years experience already, didn't GT1 take 3 years or so at least to be developed.

How else would you state that in 2020? You can't build on something that hasn't happened yet. Hypothetically if the game was already even announced for 2022, you can't say it builds on 24 years of experience, that experience hasn't happened.

In short no, it means nothing.

Last edited:
I must say (unless I have missed it), I'm very surprised there hasn't been a flood of threads asking if GT7 will have an open world element. I miss laughing at them, where are they?

(edit to add.. even though it would be fun)

Last edited:
I must say (unless I have missed it), I'm very surprised there hasn't been a flood of threads asking if GT7 will have an open world element. I miss laughing at them, where are they?

(edit to add.. even though it would be fun)

I saw somewhere here discussion about it. But I can't recall where.

Still I also think it is totally unrealistic wish for Gran Turismo game.

I saw somewhere here discussion about it. But I can't recall where.

Still I also think it is totally unrealistic wish for Gran Turismo game.
Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/innovation-gt7-and-wished-potential-extensions.394879/
Though I want that because of the world map menu GT7 has.
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-31.jpg

I really hope GT7 brings back Seasonal Events. I looked forward to playing the new seasonal event races every 2 weeks on GT5. Decent credits + prize cars for beating them. Gave GT5 + 6 a lot of replayability too. Tbh, wish they kept them even if they shut the main servers off. So Seasonal Events is a feature I would definitively return to the series IMO.

Last edited:
I really hope GT7 brings back Seasonal Events. I looked forward to playing the new seasonal event races every 2 weeks in GT5. Decent credits + prize cars for beating them. Gave GT5 + 6 a lot of replayability too. Tbh, wish they kept them even if they shut the main servers off. So Seasonal Events is a feature I would definitively return to the series IMO.
Or they could just as easily update the Championships section like they did with GT League in Sport. Especially since the final event, the World Finals, that'll presumably unlock the ending movie seems to be in GT World this time.

An algorithm that changes the races in offline events, would help replayability. However, a couple of my favorites evts to play over and over(not for grinding purposes), were the Rome night in GT2 and Apricot Hill Tuned race in GT4.

Yes, if they make the career seasonal then events could come and go or change over time, as like real life. So in your first season you might enter a Renault Clio championship that covers three tracks in Europe, but a few years/seasons later the championship now has 10 tracks worldwide, and the three track version doesn't exist any more in your career. That's what has always been massively unrealistic about GT and many other games, that you can just go back in time and do the same events as they were over and over. There is no history recorded in the game, and no linear time progression that should exist. In real life Lewis Hamilton can't time travel back to a Kart series he entered 25 years ago and better that third place he got in one race. He can enter a new kart championship if he wants though, I suppose, but it wouldn't just overwrite the history of the old one.

I still fear they're not going to try and evolve the single player to anything like that level though, and just throw out the same thing as GT1-6 again. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Ain't that the truth, mate. :banghead:

C'mon PD, we've dissected the entrails of the mini trailer to the nth degree and it's time to throw us another bone. :gtpflag:
Unfortunately, both Sony and MS still seem to be playing the game of chicken with each other as of late, waiting on each other's price reveals. It's quite a bit annoying to have to wait this long for each of their respective events to reveal any further info on their, well... everything. More trailers, more reveals, etc. =/

We could use some new information... :indiff::nervous:
They're just building the tension, that's all. Everyone's getting anxious and wondering just when Kaz will show up to his pedestal and give his presentation to the restless crowd. We'll all cheer when he shows up but until then, the discussions, rumors and speculation will run rampant.

What will he say?
Why is he taking soo long?
Will we finally get to see a new Grand Valley?
What will the used car dealer look like?
Can I modify my Civic for Time Attack?
Will Lewis Hamilton make a cameo?

They're just building the tension, that's all. Everyone's getting anxious and wondering just when Kaz will show up to his pedestal and give his presentation to the restless crowd. We'll all cheer when he shows up but until then, the discussions, rumors and speculation will run rampant.

What will he say?
Forget the Civic for TT. Will my Civic outrun an SRT Tomahawk?!

If they don't release any information about the game in the upcoming months then there's no way this is going to be released close to PS5 launch. Q4 2021 at the very least.

Last edited:
It's not PoDi.... It's Sony who hasn't given any new information since June on PS Studios games.

It's disappointing but we have no choice to wait
Sony is the leader. No need for them to speak first. The PS5 logo is everywhere during champions league games but still no price, launch games...
I think Sony itself have no idea what they're doing in terms of marketing.
Don't expect anything and no disappointment. I used to look for GT news everywhere, now I just wait.

If they don't release any information about the game in the upcoming months then there's no way this is going to be release close to PS5 launch. Q4 2021 at the very least.

We can't say anything about release date.

Deathloop, targeted for holiday 2020, has been recently postponed. We haven't seen anything from Spiderman and yet it will be release at the same time with PS5. Demon Souls has just been rated in Korea, possible candidate for launch and we haven't seen anything either....

Last edited:

What will he say?
Actually would there be other new/returning tracks other than Trial Mountain and Daytona?
And for F1; GT5 = Vettel, GT6 = Senna, GTS = Hamilton....who's next?

Wdym for modifying Civic for Time Attack?

Back