Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,931 comments
Spring/Summer 2021 is my prediction, if we don't receive anything until november 2020 that means will be still far to a probably Late 2021, so hoping to receive release date and new video or confirmed stuff about the game next month or in November then we will know much more about

Im happy that GT7 will not be one of the PS5 game launch it would have been disappointing if it was the case.

Now PD have a year or more to communicate and work on the title, with Alpha, Beta testings and give us some beautiful and entertaining feature. I think after GTSport and GT6, us as a GT gamers we want the most complete game on that next-gen of consoles.

Let's hope to see more little update every month or so from PD and Kaz.

A slow studio like PD, hit with COVID-19 restrictions. Yeah, prepare for a long haul. On reveal, they basically showed GTS with "Ultra" graphics, main menu concept screen and no new in-game UI. No new update on major event. Tells you everything. 2022.

They are surely working hard but the huge and amazing game we want on the other end needs a lot of time plus slowness of PD plus their perfectism which led them to make things in longer times and show only when something is finished

I think that GT7 is probably a 2021 game, but I also think that it´s a cross gen game.

And that´s a huge bummer if true.

Don't expect anything around launch. They're not going to take the spotlight away from games releasing by promoting and highlighting one that isn't out for a year or more, that just encourages people to wait.

The launch titles and games releasing within a couple of months of launch are going to be their focus.

In Germany GT7 has been added to Amazon for preorder with a release on December 31st 2021. Still hope it is just a placeholder.

upload_2020-9-17_20-17-33.png

Source: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B089ZKD5RL/

The thing is, we know 100% the game exists and will be out eventually. I’m in no rush. The same people who are complaining about no info would be feeling ripped off if the game came out early and lacked content, or just seemed like a better looking GT Sport. If you want to know what frustrating is, imagine being a Splinter Cell fan. No new game or any info on a new game for years now, with no end in sight. I’ll wait til 2022 for GT with no issues at all.

That's MSN. Whoever wrote it fails to post any evidence, it's like they've read the rumors that GT7 will be a release game, seen the release date for the PS5 and have gone "okay GT7 comes out this day". A major publication means nothing, especially in this day and age (how is MSN still a thing?). https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32842358/gran-turismo-7-playstation-5-price-release-date/ same guy is the author for this one
Yeah, it looks that way.

Pretty sure I have 2 games for PS1, 4 games for PS2 and 3 games for PS3.
AFAICR:
PS1 - GT1&2
PS2 - GT3&4
PS3 - GT5&6
PS4 - GTS
PS5 - GT7&8?

So yeah, as I was saying, if PD's gonna continue the tradition of 2 titles per console, GT7 should be released early lest it run out of time and release GT8 too late at a time when folks are already anticipating a PS6.

If GT7 really is a year away, why can't PD add some more content to GT Sport in the meantime? It would definitely make the wait easier to bear. (or is it bare?)
If they had the capacity to update GTS and work on GT7 in full at the same time, then they wouldn't have slowed down this year on GTS. =/

Really hoping 7 is still in the launch window which lasts until March. If not, safe to say Covid must have really slowed them down, then.

If they had the capacity to update GTS and work on GT7 in full at the same time, then they wouldn't have slowed down this year on GTS. =/

Really hoping 7 is still in the launch window which lasts until March. If not, safe to say Covid must have really slowed them down, then.

*Laughs in you thinking Covid would be the cause for a delay within PD*

*Laughs in you thinking Covid would be the cause for a delay within PD*
Well, maybe if we weren't in a pandemic, then yeah, maybe I'd have agreed with you. Sort of.

But it's clearly affecting everyone including PD, so I'm willing to blame it on that rather than just automatically defaulting to "lol pd is slooooooow lol'' like everyone else on here is doing.

Back